OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

10/16/19 5:32 PM
3/18/05
punchdrunkMMA -

I don't mind there being a ton of political discussion, but it seems 90% of it on here is meant to troll opposing viewpoints and devolves into namecalling within 2-3 posts. Even a recent thread geared towards trying to find common political ground via respectful means turned into a shitshow due to the same 10 or so forumers who can't help themselves. 

But I also fully understand that 1) This is the internet, and 2) Mods/admin aren't going to do shit about it on a consistent basis. So, for the most part, I just lurk in those threads for entertainment value rather than any sort of enlightenment/knowledge.

This forum has become less entertaining because of it. Hot chick threads, movie discussions,  historical/military event debates, nerd as of the day, spin threads etc get drowned out by the propaganda. 

10/16/19 8:25 PM
6/14/12

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

10/16/19 9:27 PM
8/1/13
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

10/16/19 9:33 PM
6/26/06

10/16/19 9:34 PM
6/14/12
camicom -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

Not true. 

I have consistently maintained the same level of antipathy for you since the day you showed up.

You re clearly a paid poster with no life outside of these forums. 

Tell me again about freedom of speech, you dumb fuck...

10/16/19 9:40 PM
6/29/09
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

I don't mind there being a ton of political discussion, but it seems 90% of it on here is meant to troll opposing viewpoints and devolves into namecalling within 2-3 posts. Even a recent thread geared towards trying to find common political ground via respectful means turned into a shitshow due to the same 10 or so forumers who can't help themselves. 

But I also fully understand that 1) This is the internet, and 2) Mods/admin aren't going to do shit about it on a consistent basis. So, for the most part, I just lurk in those threads for entertainment value rather than any sort of enlightenment/knowledge.

This forum has become less entertaining because of it. Hot chick threads, movie discussions,  historical/military event debates, nerd as of the day, spin threads etc get drowned out by the propaganda. 

Maybe so, but the mods/admin aren't going to do anything about it, because when they tried to awhile back they had to relent due to the pushback/complaints they got. The vocal minority drowns out the silent majority. Tis life.

Edited: 10/16/19 9:49 PM
8/1/13
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
camicom -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

Not true. 

I have consistently maintained the same level of antipathy for you since the day you showed up.

I thought you were going to put me on ignore? 

You re clearly a paid poster with no life outside of these forums

I've done numerous insurance policies for people on this site, adn would be more than happy to compare 1099/W2's from last year with you....Smarten the fuck up!

10/17/19 9:45 AM
2/5/05
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

Maybe so, but the mods/admin aren't going to do anything about it, because when they tried to awhile back they had to relent due to the pushback/complaints they got. The vocal minority drowns out the silent majority. Tis life.

I'm glad someone realizes the shit position mods are put in. We clean up the extreme trash but we're handicapped by the masses as well as admin. That's not a "whoa is me" statement but it's how thing operate and that's fine. 

By and large the users shape this place. You want 90% political garbage and to call each other faggots? Cool, that's what you get. 

I'm really bad at making content so I as much of an issue as anyone... 

this place has some problems for sure. Some are fixable. Some not so easily .... 

10/17/19 9:54 AM
8/1/13
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

I'm glad someone realizes the shit position mods are put in. We clean up the extreme trash but we're handicapped by the masses as well as admin. That's not a "whoa is me" statement but it's how thing operate and that's fine. 

By and large the users shape this place. You want 90% political garbage and to call each other faggots? Cool, that's what you get. 

this place has some problems for sure. Some are fixable. Some not so easily .... 

Personally I think you guys do a great job.

10/17/19 2:01 PM
6/29/09
camicom -
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

Unless they relegate politics to a sub-forum. :) 

10/17/19 2:33 PM
8/1/13
My cat is cuter than your cat -
camicom -
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

lol at you gargling on mods' nuts. You cried that kirik was violating your first amendment rights and now that the forum is back to being spammed with political garbage you're happy. God, I hope you find a way to deflect like you always you.

I like you better when you post under El_Geronimo_de_Gato. Try to be a little less obvious(Cat in both screen names).

10/17/19 2:40 PM
11/28/03

if i ran this place every political thread would be moved to the political ground

but i dont think it exists anymore

Edited: 10/17/19 2:56 PM
11/9/05
ranier wolfcastle -

if i ran this place every political thread would be moved to the political ground

They don't even need to go that far.

Simply funneling certain topics into a single thread would make a difference. As it stands now, a story will break, progress, and some estrogenic retard who uses this places as a personal venting ground will start a new thread for every bit of related information that arises.

Then some other retard from the opposite side of the aisle starts doing the same thing, and the MMA subforum becomes a political pissing contest where idiots come to pump their pom-pom's.

Certain red names acting as if they're powerless to curb certain posting trends is comical. There are plenty of proactive measures to be taken beyond the utterly thoughtless vote system. Encouraging people to provide alternative content is fine, but the general toxicity the powers that be do nothing to quell just pushes people away. Neglecting your garden means the weeds grow out of control.

Posters are participants, not site managers. If the people in charge start making a fucking effort from everything to tech issues, intrusive software, and spamming posters, maybe members will as well.

10/17/19 3:32 PM
6/14/12
itskrisdude -
ranier wolfcastle -

Simply funneling certain topics into a single thread would make a difference. As it stands now, a story will break, progress, and some estrogenic retard who uses this places as a personal venting ground will start a new thread for every bit of related information that arises.

Then some other retard from the opposite side of the aisle starts doing the same thing, and the MMA subforum becomes a political pissing contest where idiots come to pump their pom-pom's.

Certain red names acting as if they're powerless to curb certain posting trends is comical. There are plenty of proactive measures to be taken beyond the utterly thoughtless vote system. Encouraging people to provide alternative content is fine, but the general toxicity the powers that be do nothing to quell just pushes people away. Neglecting your garden means the weeds grow out of control.

Posters are participants, not site managers. If the people in charge start making a fucking effort from everything to tech issues, intrusive software, and spamming posters, maybe members will as well.

Great post.

10/17/19 3:51 PM
9/24/07
itskrisdude -
ranier wolfcastle -

This should be required reading. Well put. 

10/17/19 10:29 PM
6/30/09

Imo not enough nigfest threads. 

And the ones we do get end up frozen.

10/17/19 10:43 PM
7/26/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
camicom -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

Not true. 

Dude was none existent pre trump. His cancer along with the other end has made the site total shit.

10/18/19 12:04 AM
8/1/13
Res ipsa loquitar -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
camicom -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Stop attacking camicom ! 

MAGA! 

Not true. 

Dude was none existent pre trump. His cancer along with the other end has made the site total shit.

LOL. Go fuck yourself!

Edited: 10/18/19 4:44 AM
8/25/15
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

"Whoa is me" 

Love it

10/18/19 5:16 AM
6/14/12
ABCTT_delinodeshields -
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

"Whoa is me" 

Love it

Its the joey lawrence variety 

Also, mods sign up to mod knowing its a mostly thankless headache. Sorry, no pity here. 

10/18/19 9:41 AM
11/16/08

Forum was not found or has been deleted.

10/18/19 9:42 AM
11/16/08

More like "Plop Men"  (like a poop in the toilet)

10/18/19 12:22 PM
9/24/07
I No Kung Foo -

Of course. It's Friday. The dickwads who are running this place are already getting their load on for the weekend. Happens almost every Friday at some point. 

10/18/19 12:37 PM
9/24/07
densefog -
b.d. - 
I No Kung Foo -

Of course. It's Friday. The dickwads who are running this place are already getting their load on for the weekend. Happens almost every Friday at some point. 

I've never seen anything so predictable.

But they can't figure it out.

Yeah, it's almost like they don't give a single rat-fuck about this place.

Oh, wait. That's right. 

They don't. 

10/18/19 1:32 PM
2/5/05
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
ABCTT_delinodeshields -
clattymine -
punchdrunkMMA -
chief123 -
punchdrunkMMA -

"Whoa is me" 

Love it

Its the joey lawrence variety 

Also, mods sign up to mod knowing its a mostly thankless headache. Sorry, no pity here. 

Lol. I knew it didn't look right but I just couldn't think of a different way to spell it. 

No pity needed, just explaining the way things are.