OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

11 days ago
7/15/11
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

I had to log into the desktop version to post that. 

Yeah for some reason it worked at the time on a few threads. I'm just wondering if the app change is here to stay.

The edit icons above the text box? They don't even seem to work.. The YouTube videos STILL don't work. Haven't for a long time for me (updated iPhone iOS).

I'm sure their main focus is on the site functionality but a simple response would be nice. I've posted both problems on every thread they make and nothing.

11 days ago
6/14/12
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

Yeah for some reason it worked at the time on a few threads. I'm just wondering if the app change is here to stay.

The edit icons above the text box? They don't even seem to work.. The YouTube videos STILL don't work. Haven't for a long time for me (updated iPhone iOS).

I'm sure their main focus is on the site functionality but a simple response would be nice. I've posted both problems on every thread they make and nothing.

No response if often better than the bullshit chris and kirik feed everyone.

Plus, whos to say theyre not responding from their alt accts ? 

11 days ago
7/15/11

^ well... Tell me what's being done to remedy these issues CHRIS!

lol

11 days ago
6/14/12
Matrix -

^ well... Tell me what's being done to remedy these issues CHRIS!

lol

Top men

11 days ago
6/14/12

Also, im gonna make a sticky for updates.

Edited: 11 days ago
1/18/06
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

The problem here is that the conversion is done BEFORE someone views anything.  It needs to be done when its delivered to you instead.  I am not sure how well that kind of implementation would work with the site as is though.

The site needs to add an iphone/ipad check in their youtube oembed implementation and inject a different iframe for ios by stripping out all of the player parameters (like autoplay, gyroscope, encryptedmedia) because they dont play nice with pure HTML5.

Like a super simple and basic IF IPHONE give this iframe code, else give the code everyone has been using that does not work on iphone.  Or just say fuck it and strip all the parameters for everyone but we will lose things like video controls on them.

11 days ago
7/15/11
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

The problem here is that the conversion is done BEFORE someone views anything.  It needs to be done when its delivered to you instead.  I am not sure how well that kind of implementation would work with the site as is though.

The site needs to add an iphone/ipad check in their youtube oembed implementation and inject a different iframe for ios by stripping out all of the player parameters (like autoplay, gyroscope, encryptedmedia) because they dont play nice with pure HTML5.

Like a super simple and basic IF IPHONE give this iframe code, else give the code everyone has been using that does not work on iphone.  Or just say fuck it and strip all the parameters for everyone but we will lose things like video controls on them.

FFS lol

Why did it work for so long before though? And now I don't seem to be able to post videos.

Thanks for looking into it btw.

10 days ago
2/4/06

I told Kirik to sell this place years ago.

10 days ago
9/10/14

The biggest problem with the OG is creating a wall to contain the obscene amount of testosterone coursing through their veins.  The hoards of women they have conquered clawing at their backsides.  The monumental financial successes that each and every one of them have accomplished.  The fearless nature of their instinctual reactions to anyone that might threaten their livelihood.  These godly figures walk amongst us, and yet we dont notice them.  This will prove to be the fatality of us all.  This is the problem.

10 days ago
1/1/01

1. The IOS app sucks.

2. Internet culture has changed.

10 days ago
4/6/19
Mountain Medic -

So we're just going to ignore all the 10+ year old accounts with a couple hundred posts suddenly active in certain threads?

Nobody else has noticed that?

crazy how many disappeared posters are suddenly back

10 days ago
2/4/09
Wayne Glamcock -
Mountain Medic -

So we're just going to ignore all the 10+ year old accounts with a couple hundred posts suddenly active in certain threads?

Nobody else has noticed that?

crazy how many disappeared posters are suddenly back

I was pretty inactive on this forum. 

I didn't up my post count until the special counsel thread popped up

8 days ago
1/18/06
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

FFS lol

Why did it work for so long before though? And now I don't seem to be able to post videos.

I can only assume that the embed code people pasted manually themselves worked fine with Iphone but the iframe code this site uses (which you no longer have control over) is different and does not.

8 days ago
7/15/11
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

FFS lol

I can only assume that the embed code people pasted manually themselves worked fine with Iphone but the iframe code this site uses (which you no longer have control over) is different and does not.

The weird thing is when they implemented the new app my iPhone X worked. I could post and watch videos just fine. It was when the new iOS came out in September (iirc) that it stopped working. Maybe it's something to do with Apple? Who knows..

4 days ago
1/1/01

Is there a way to paste as plain text?  I hate copying text from another site, or even quoted text from another post, and all the formating being copied as well.  We used to have the ability to edit that crap out before posting.   

4 days ago
3/20/12

Yo

Can I get a Blue Mods?

Mine ran out or spunk chops stole it

Either way I love posting funny video and Gifs and would love a Blue

Thanks in advance
RJJ

4 days ago
1/1/01
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

FFS lol

The weird thing is when they implemented the new app my iPhone X worked. I could post and watch videos just fine. It was when the new iOS came out in September (iirc) that it stopped working. Maybe it's something to do with Apple? Who knows..

Yes.. the os13 update is considered to be one of the worst cluster fucks in apples history

3 days ago
1/1/01

the fucking embed has taken a shit again

3 days ago
1/1/01

and just appeared from nowhere

3 days ago
7/15/11
Stronghold -
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
TheVandalz -
Matrix -
DropKick Joe -
Matrix -

FFS lol

Yes.. the os13 update is considered to be one of the worst cluster fucks in apples history

Really? Other than this site I haven’t had one issue.

3 days ago
6/26/06

3 days ago
6/30/07
RenatoCocopreta -

I can smell the diabetes from here

3 days ago
1/13/11

There’s no way those bloomers don’t have stains on them.  

3 days ago
12/15/00

Well seemingly someone just posted to a thread under my account...so clearly the security here is completely fucked. Have been here 20 years but may have to kill my account 

3 days ago
6/26/06
Mountain Medic - 
RenatoCocopreta -

I can smell the diabetes from here

Consider yourself lucky.