OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

4/28/19 12:53 PM
8/9/16
Nitecrawler -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 
Fighting -

I stopped posting much when it just got to be snarky and trolls abound. Couple that with my waining interest in mma. Meh.

That’s a fair point, perhaps many of the older members that made this place interesting maybe “Aged out” of the OG? However, I would think that at least some of the newer members would have picked up the slack so I don’t think that really explains why this place is dying. 

seems a good portion of the newer members either suck or are just old posters that got banned for being trolls (mostly this)

there's still a lot of good posters here but not nearly as many as there used to be.

I have to agree, but that does say something about this place when the trolls never leave.

The OG is a very unique place on the internet and its telling when you see some active members have been here close to 20 years. 

Perhaps perfecting and bringing back the Karma system will be a step in the right direction to getting this place back on track. It’s a delicate balance though as once people realize the karma system can be exploited then it becomes a real problem.

Trolls will always troll so perhaps a formula that takes into account your own karma when you up/down vote someone? Like someone who is a huge troll or new member when they up/down vote someone it is only worth a percentage whereas a member who has been here for many years who’s karma rating is way in the green’s vote automatically has much more weight to it? 

I don’t know, just spitballing here. 

hehe...

you said spitballing.......

See the source image

4/28/19 12:55 PM
8/9/16
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 
Fighting -

I stopped posting much when it just got to be snarky and trolls abound. Couple that with my waining interest in mma. Meh.

That’s a fair point, perhaps many of the older members that made this place interesting maybe “Aged out” of the OG? However, I would think that at least some of the newer members would have picked up the slack so I don’t think that really explains why this place is dying. 

seems a good portion of the newer members either suck or are just old posters that got banned for being trolls (mostly this)

there's still a lot of good posters here but not nearly as many as there used to be.

I have to agree, but that does say something about this place when the trolls never leave.

The OG is a very unique place on the internet and its telling when you see some active members have been here close to 20 years. 

Perhaps perfecting and bringing back the Karma system will be a step in the right direction to getting this place back on track. It’s a delicate balance though as once people realize the karma system can be exploited then it becomes a real problem.

Trolls will always troll so perhaps a formula that takes into account your own karma when you up/down vote someone? Like someone who is a huge troll or new member when they up/down vote someone it is only worth a percentage whereas a member who has been here for many years who’s karma rating is way in the green’s vote automatically has much more weight to it? 

Despite the influx of shitty posters I still really enjoy this place. Even with the huge amount of political threads they do provide me with plenty of laughs.

I don't know what the right answer(s) would be to make this place better. I think bringing back arrows would be a good start. But then people will bitch that posters are just making threads to gain votes (like food threads, more hot bish threads etc) which I've personally missed.

Hope tinycrawler is doing well sir

"Huge"

More like Mr. 2liter over here.......

See the source image

Edited: 4/28/19 1:03 PM
8/1/13
Dreville79 -

You, Camicon, Pedro & Orcus are 75% of the problem 

It’s been far better place without Munk & Traven. If you four went too maybe the rest of us could have a decent conversation  

You're nuts. Crawler is about as even keel as you can get. I post many non political threads, and also post on many non political threads(sports, movies, animals, and business). I have also written insurance policies for people on the OG. The same can't be said for the other 2 you mention.

In other words....go fuck yourself.

4/28/19 1:03 PM
11/12/11

Too many dickheads who’s first inclination is to insult people

I used to laugh like fuck coming on here but if I come on and see some douchebag insulting people I just fuck it off 

I don’t really get it

4/28/19 1:07 PM
8/9/16

See the source image

4/28/19 1:07 PM
8/9/16

See the source image

4/28/19 1:08 PM
8/15/07
I don't believe you can blame politics for the decline, since we're are all living in a time of great political upheaval worldwide. Of course it's going to be first and foremost among conversations. It'd be like living during WWII and expecting forums not to all be talking about it.

The website itself, with all its technical issues and ads, is a massive problem that has gotten much worse over time, and continues to get worse.

MMA itself is in decline. Perhaps not in total numbers of viewers, but in people giving a shit. It's generic, formulaic, with no real standouts or stars. As such, it doesn't inspire any passion, and certainly doesn't make people want to get on a discussion board and talk about it.

And all the liberal trolls don't help any.
8/9/16

See the source image
See the source image

8/9/16

See the source image

4/28/19 1:09 PM
8/9/16

See the source image

1/1/01
Nitecrawler -
Dreville79 -

It’s been far better place without Munk & Traven. If you four went too maybe the rest of us could have a decent conversation  

I don’t believe I’ve ever derailed a conversation on the OG, are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else? Don’t think you and I have ever had any real interactions so I’m a bit confused. 

If you are sure it is me you’re talking about, please tell me the specific problems you have with me. I think the hardest part about self discovery is not realizing how others view you, so please enlighten me. 

I liked you until I heard your accent on that Icy Mike/Passive Jay podcast. Now you're my mortal enemy. 

8/9/16

See the source image

1/1/01

Fix the app... Agreed

Get Soup to come back ... Yeah the upskirt posts he did were creepy but the rest was usually solid

No banning for racial jokes... SJW shit is already out of hand and the radio waves are already full of the n word

Bring back voting down to freeze someone... It was fun and insightful

4/28/19 1:10 PM
8/9/16

See the source image
See the source image

4/28/19 1:11 PM
5/23/07
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 
Fighting -

Despite the influx of shitty posters I still really enjoy this place. Even with the huge amount of political threads they do provide me with plenty of laughs.

I don't know what the right answer(s) would be to make this place better. I think bringing back arrows would be a good start. But then people will bitch that posters are just making threads to gain votes (like food threads, more hot bish threads etc) which I've personally missed.

Hope tinycrawler is doing well sir

"Huge"

More like Mr. 2liter over here.......

See the source image

;)
4/28/19 1:11 PM
8/9/16
TwoCanVanneDamne -

Too many dickheads who’s first inclination is to insult people

I used to laugh like fuck coming on here but if I come on and see some douchebag insulting people I just fuck it off 

I don’t really get it

See the source image

4/28/19 1:12 PM
6/26/06

Lack of jinx 

4/28/19 1:12 PM
6/3/03
j-money -
Nitecrawler -
Dreville79 -

I don’t believe I’ve ever derailed a conversation on the OG, are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else? Don’t think you and I have ever had any real interactions so I’m a bit confused. 

If you are sure it is me you’re talking about, please tell me the specific problems you have with me. I think the hardest part about self discovery is not realizing how others view you, so please enlighten me. 

I liked you until I heard your accent on that Icy Mike/Passive Jay podcast. Now you're my mortal enemy. 

Cmon bro, let me axe you out faw a cup of cawfee and we can have a discussion about it. 

4/28/19 1:13 PM
6/3/03
Girly -

Lack of jinx 

Rich white fucker must have finally got a hold of him. 

4/28/19 1:14 PM
11/8/09

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve run out of interesting things to say...

4/28/19 1:18 PM
6/3/03
King Trav -

To be fair, you ran out of interesting things to say on 11/9/09. 

4/28/19 1:24 PM
5/23/07
Nitecrawler - 
King Trav -

To be fair, you ran out of interesting things to say on 11/9/09. 

lol
4/28/19 1:25 PM
3/19/04
I don't know. I like it here. I like that posting isn't very censored and you get to hear what people actually think.
4/28/19 1:30 PM
6/27/09
Stronghold -

Fix the app... Agreed

Get Soup to come back ... Yeah the upskirt posts he did were creepy but the rest was usually solid

No banning for racial jokes... SJW shit is already out of hand and the radio waves are already full of the n word

Yeah I miss the vote up/down option. You c pi old generally tell who the shitty posters were and could ignore them

Also fix the fucking poll thread function

4/28/19 1:33 PM
3/19/04
FETT_Loadin76_TFK - 
Stronghold -

Fix the app... Agreed

Yeah I miss the vote up/down option. You c pi old generally tell who the shitty posters were and could ignore them

Also fix the fucking poll thread function

I hated the vote up/down era. Everybody pandered for votes and wouldn't say anything they though was unpopular. It really censored everyone (or the majority of people).