OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

4/28/19 1:36 PM
5/13/11
Dreville79 -

You, Camicon, Pedro & Orcus are 75% of the problem 

It’s been far better place without Munk & Traven. If you four went too maybe the rest of us could have a decent conversation  

Huh what? You nailed the other 3 but how is OP like them? Search the titles of the threads they create and stop being ridiculous. 

4/28/19 1:37 PM
2/7/08

The ads are out of control. Good luck attracting new members when you need special software to even get to the OG... You have members that have been here for decades and will deal with the flaws and functionality, but it’s a major pain in the ass youngsters ain’t gonna put up with... and the content is just a reflection of the longtime members getting older.

4/28/19 1:38 PM
11/8/09
Nitecrawler -
King Trav -

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve run out of interesting things to say...

To be fair, you ran out of interesting things to say on 11/9/09. 

See, this is why nobody likes you....and your stupid accent, but mostly because you’re a jerk...

4/28/19 1:42 PM
8/20/03
The Trump threads can all go to the political ground.

4/28/19 1:45 PM
3/22/09

This forum is dead because it’s basically r/The_Donald. Everything is political or racially based, but instead of actual discussion it’s just the usual suspects repeating themselves. laynpray and ill portents post something and about 10 usernames will follow up calling them libtard pussies, npc’s and whatever else makes its way to this board from reddit. 

It’s just a big circle jerk of guys who think anyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as them is somehow a pussy. Shit, just look at the mods you don’t see around much let alone regular posters. I can see why a lot of people don’t hang around here anymore.

4/28/19 1:47 PM
1/1/01
Ban all liberals. No more problems.
4/28/19 1:47 PM
3/19/04
dchi07 - 

This forum is dead because it’s basically r/The_Donald. Everything is political or racially based, but instead of actual discussion it’s just the usual suspects repeating themselves. laynpray and ill portents post something and about 10 usernames will follow up calling them libtard pussies, npc’s and whatever else makes its way to this board from reddit. 

It’s just a big circle jerk of guys who think anyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as them is somehow a pussy. Shit, just look at the mods you don’t see around much let alone regular posters. I can see why a lot of people don’t hang around here anymore.

Let me help you up onto your saddle.
4/28/19 1:49 PM
1/1/01
Yossarian - 

One of the things that made this place great years ago was that it was like a locker room.  People busted each other’s balls, posted really inappropriate stuff/stories, and we all acted like total hooligans. It was an escape from real life. Nobody cared. We just had a laugh and moved on. 

Now many of those same topics would just devolve into people calling people assholes and then politics and race would get brought into it. 

Throw in the occasional loser who tries to make trouble for people in real life and suddenly you have to be careful what you post. 

That and social media, obviously. 

Good answer.
4/28/19 1:49 PM
6/3/03
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Dreville79 -

It’s been far better place without Munk & Traven. If you four went too maybe the rest of us could have a decent conversation  

Huh what? You nailed the other 3 but how is OP like them? Search the titles of the threads they create and stop being ridiculous. 

Appreciate that, bro as I was confused as well. 

I think he’s getting me mixed up with someone else. 

4/28/19 1:50 PM
6/3/03
King Trav -
Nitecrawler -
King Trav -

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve run out of interesting things to say...

To be fair, you ran out of interesting things to say on 11/9/09. 

See, this is why nobody likes you....and your stupid accent, but mostly because you’re a jerk...

Smooches. :-)

4/28/19 1:50 PM
6/3/03
Dryfly -
Yossarian - 

One of the things that made this place great years ago was that it was like a locker room.  People busted each other’s balls, posted really inappropriate stuff/stories, and we all acted like total hooligans. It was an escape from real life. Nobody cared. We just had a laugh and moved on. 

Now many of those same topics would just devolve into people calling people assholes and then politics and race would get brought into it. 

Throw in the occasional loser who tries to make trouble for people in real life and suddenly you have to be careful what you post. 

That and social media, obviously. 

Good answer.

Agreed and I think he hit the nail on the head with all points. 

4/28/19 1:51 PM
12/18/07

4/28/19 1:53 PM
10/29/10

I think everything you listed are all part of the problem. 

Doxing 

trolls. 

Spins 

Crashing ap

and more trolls

uneducated arguments constantly (feeding the trolls)

most stuff posted here is stolen from google news or reddit. The majority of stuff that used to be posted was interesting to me because it was posted by a relatively like minded individual. 

Now im better off just browsing those sites direct and letting the sites filter the comments to push the trolls way down. 

4/28/19 1:54 PM
12/26/09

No after dark on the app 

4/28/19 1:54 PM
1/1/01

This place became exponentially political after 9/11. While I’m not a fan of sub forums, there should have been a political ground and have it enforced by mods to move threads over there. Politics, like religion, is a highly sensitive subject with a shitload of grey areas. This isn’t a new problem here since Trump lovers/haters. It’s been here well over 15 years.

the functionality of this forum is crap and there is zero accountability. The owners are clearly satisfied with the status quo. The thing is they knew people were migrating to reddit because often we’d see forum topics here appear a few days after reddit, but that didn’t motivate them to upgrade anything.

the trolling is bad here and doxxing is worse. Yes moderating is a thankless job and you won’t make everyone happy but there’s a reason why more people go to other forums. We had women posting nudes here for Christ’s sake and the folks here still ran them off because their Aspergers couldn’t let a few things slide. The same could be said for other situations as well.

Now don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy reading threads here and still appreciate the kind of people mma may attract. I just feel with some changes this place could be special again.

4/28/19 1:58 PM
6/3/03
quarcus -

Doxing 

trolls. 

Spins 

Crashing ap

and more trolls

most stuff posted here is stolen from google news or reddit. The majority of stuff that used to be posted was interesting to me because it was posted by a relatively like minded individual. 

Now im better off just browsing those sites direct and letting the sites filter the comments to push the trolls way down. 

Agree with you about everything except spins. Some of those spins are more entertaining than the original threads LOL. 

4/28/19 2:10 PM
1/1/01

Please keep posting ideas. 

4/28/19 2:12 PM
12/18/03
God Of Thunder -

After blade brown was banned it was never the same 

Hi there, blade! 

4/28/19 2:33 PM
2/13/16

Move all political posts to a political ground.

IP ban trolls like orcus and homeslice.

the website is a malware piece of shit.

the app is practically an unusable piece of shit, I mean why did I pay for this?

bring votes back.

bring super Calo back :(

Doxing.  A lot of people here do a lot of cool shit, but why would I share that if my personal like is gonna get fucked with?

4/28/19 2:35 PM
2/13/16
Nitecrawler -
quarcus -

Doxing 

trolls. 

Spins 

Crashing ap

and more trolls

Agree with you about everything except spins. Some of those spins are more entertaining than the original threads LOL. 

This.  The fuck is wrong with you?  I love spins lol.

also maybe if kirik actually gave a shit.  The app and website issues have been a major problem for awhile now and he clearly doesn’t give a shit because it’s the same bullshit.

4/28/19 2:39 PM
2/13/16
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Dreville79 -

Uhh yeah what’s he on about?  Regarding politics, I think two of my favorite crawler threads some up MOST people’s opinions on here.  The troll SJW meme thread and the troll trump tard meme thread.  Both from the same user.  

4/28/19 2:45 PM
6/30/07
Kirik -

Please keep posting ideas. 

The same ideas I brought to you a couple years ago?

4/28/19 2:52 PM
7/15/02

I have an idea to bring the OG back together as a cohesive group instead of a bunch of bickering wannabe political pundits. 

Hear me out here. 

***Kirik - Stop reading here***

Patriotism is always at its highest during a time of war. Instead of fighting with each other, we need to look outward for new lands to conquer. 

We need to find a common enemy. Then, We need to crush our enemies and see them driven before us. 

We need to invade another forum and bring them to their knees like we used to do 10-15 years ago. 

Recent years of peace have made us all soft and fat. 

*beats war drum*

4/28/19 2:55 PM
6/18/10
Yossarian -

I have an idea to bring the OG back together as a cohesive group instead of a bunch of bickering wannabe political pundits. 

Hear me out here. 

***Kirik - Stop reading here***

Patriotism is always at its highest during a time of war. Instead of fighting with each other, we need to look outward for new lands to conquer. 

We need to find a common enemy. Then, We need to crush our enemies and see them driven before us. 

We need to invade another forum and bring them to their knees like we used to do 10-15 years ago. 

Recent years of peace have made us all soft and fat. 

*beats war drum*

Invisible VU

4/28/19 2:55 PM
6/18/09

Camicom’s nonstop maga threads. Turns into a ‘triggered bro?’ fuckfest. Basically too much negativity abounds.