OtherGround Forums Whats your favorite FREE and LEGAL Firestick apps?

Edited: 14 days ago
7/14/16
My uncle is recently retired. He's worked non-stop his entire life and wasn't much of a TV guy. He is also very old-school anti tech, and also very anti spending money on shit he doesn't need. For retirement we got him a big screen TV, but he will not get cable. He is too outdated to be able to figure out and keep up with Kodi and also will not do anything not 100% legit.

So I turned him onto the idea of a Firestick after showing him ours. He is actually excited seeing all the free movies and shit. So what are your favorite FREE and Legit apps? No sign-ups, accounts, etc needed.

So far I have him set up with:
PlutoTV
Crackle
IMDb
Popcornflix
CBS All Access

others?
14 days ago
9/8/02
I tried this for a hot minute, nothing worked, the apps always needed to be updated, links were broken...i would rather just spend 2.99 and rent the movie in stunning HD than stream some bullshit.
14 days ago
7/14/16
jcblass - I tried this for a hot minute, nothing worked, the apps always needed to be updated, links were broken...i would rather just spend 2.99 and rent the movie in stunning HD than stream some bullshit.

All the apps I mentioned work 100%. They are not illegal streams with broken links. They are free databases of movies, some with ads.

I think you did not read/understand the post.
14 days ago
11/21/15

Cyberflix

14 days ago
7/14/16
cfochs - 

Cyberflix

A few details if you don't mind??

I should have done the same actually...

PlutoTV Archive of free movies and shows, as well as a 90's style cable guide set-up of randomly streaming "channels" from their archive. With occasional commercials.

Crackle Collection of SONY pictures owned movies and shows. Some originals. Ads- sometimes too many.

IMDb Big collection of free movies. Not many ads.

Popcornflix Decent size collection of free movies... not sure on ads, haven't used much.

CBS All Access CBS shows and content. Again, not sure on level of ads.
14 days ago
9/8/02
Lurker99 - 
jcblass - I tried this for a hot minute, nothing worked, the apps always needed to be updated, links were broken...i would rather just spend 2.99 and rent the movie in stunning HD than stream some bullshit.

All the apps I mentioned work 100%. They are not illegal streams with broken links. They are free databases of movies, some with ads.

I think you did not read/understand the post.

Ah, you're right, I read illegal..my bad!

Pluto TV is fantastic. He will love that. It is tailor made for dudes his age.
14 days ago
7/28/08
jcblass - I tried this for a hot minute, nothing worked, the apps always needed to be updated, links were broken...i would rather just spend 2.99 and rent the movie in stunning HD than stream some bullshit.

Kodi is dead bra

14 days ago
11/21/15
Lurker99 -
cfochs - 

Cyberflix

PlutoTV Archive of free movies and shows, as well as a 90's style cable guide set-up of randomly streaming "channels" from their archive. With occasional commercials.

Crackle Collection of SONY pictures owned movies and shows. Some originals. Ads- sometimes too many.

Popcornflix Decent size collection of free movies... not sure on ads, haven't used much.

Here is more info on how to install.  Basically any movie or tv show you want.

How To Install CyberFlix TV on Firestick/Fire TV & Android TV Box (2020)

14 days ago
3/14/04
cfochs - 
Lurker99 -
cfochs - 

Cyberflix

cyberflix doesn't fall under the "100% legit" category.  

If you use that without a vpn you'll likely get nasty letters from your internet provider and possibly get your internet shut down and get banned from that provider.

14 days ago
1/1/01

Tubi has got a lot of trashy movies on it.

14 days ago
11/19/03

Cinema HD. It’s magnificent.

14 days ago
7/14/16
8:30RezAtDorsia - 

Cinema HD. It’s magnificent.

We all know of the pirated stuff. There are countless threads on that.

This thread is for the hidden gems of Free and legal. There are plenty out there, I was just seeing what others liked. I posted my top 3 as well as a couple others.
14 days ago
7/14/16
Slapsymaxi - 

I seen that on there and considered adding it and letting him decide.

What do you mean by trashy? All low-budget b-flicks? Are there older big name titles, or just bargain bin direct to dvd movies?
14 days ago
11/28/03
Lurker99 - 
Slapsymaxi - 

What do you mean by trashy? All low-budget b-flicks? Are there older big name titles, or just bargain bin direct to dvd movies?

u can check tubi and crackle type sites on your pc - see if they got movies u like, before downloading to firestick

14 days ago
6/14/19

Tubitv is another good free one.

14 days ago
1/1/01
Lurker99 -
Slapsymaxi - 

There’s clearly a ton of low budget trash on there, mixed with some older movies.

the one movie I watched had a couple commercial pauses...

there’s a nostalgia Tv section that has Hunter, Renegade, Alf? Cool assortment.

14 days ago
6/4/06

ttt

14 days ago
2/24/19

I found two for my Dad. One is all westerns which he loves (he’s in his 90’s) and the other is movies. They are free and legal. Simply called Western Mania. 

14 days ago
1/1/01

He should dig tubi

14 days ago
11/21/15
angryinch -
cfochs - 
Lurker99 -
cfochs - 

Cyberflix

If you use that without a vpn you'll likely get nasty letters from your internet provider and possibly get your internet shut down and get banned from that provider.

I think that you're confusing streaming with downloading torrents. I've never heard of anyone getting a letter from their ISP for using terrarium, cinema hd, cyberflix, etc.

14 days ago
1/1/01

Download smartyoutube. Its an adfree youtube. They're are plenty of there.

13 days ago
7/14/16
cfochs - 
angryinch -
cfochs - 
Lurker99 -
cfochs - 

Cyberflix

I think that you're confusing streaming with downloading torrents. I've never heard of anyone getting a letter from their ISP for using terrarium, cinema hd, cyberflix, etc.

You're missing the point of the thread. I'm not side-loading anything, or using any legal loopholes or whatever.

This is for my retired uncle. Up until recently, the only TV he ever watched was sports and the occasional movie may dad would lend him. He goes to my dad's house to watch football and baseball.

This is a guy that hasn't watched TV on a regular basis since it was black and white. There are decades of movies that will be new to him so getting the most recent shit is a non-issue.

13 days ago
1/1/01
How about gifting him a Netflix subscription?
13 days ago
2/24/19

In for later ... 

13 days ago
7/29/13

I can only help you with free and illegal or legal and not free.