EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Underrated. Had no second star despite my love for John starks, he was a sixth man.

Hakeem had the edge but pat gave all it as good to all the best of em

Kevin Willis used to shit on him though

Rick. Smits was a pain in the ass

Excuses,his squad had Anthony Mason, Oakley and Stark's made it to the finals in 94,and lost to Akeem who had no second star ,he had Thorpe,Vernon Maxwell,rookie Cassell and sophomore Horry.

What's his reason not making it back in 95?Losing to Reggie Miller and the dunking dutchman?

You're underrating that pacers squad.

Ewing never had a legit second scorer.  I love starks but he wasn't a second and mase or oak were never scorers. 

Mase was a beast who could handle the ball but was not a scorer. 

You're overrating the squad,94 Knicks had Ewing scoring 25ppg,Stark's at 19 ppg and three others scoring 10ppg

Hakeem was scoring 27 ppg,Thorpe at 14 ppg and three others at 10ppg

95 pacers had Miller at 19.6 ppg,Dunkin Dutchman at 18ppg and three others at 10ppg.

You're comparing team quality based solely on individual ppg? 

Well you brought up not having an elite second scorer as excuse for Ewing when he had his second highest scorer scoring as much as Reggie Miller who beat them in 95.

Who would you rather have as a second if you were an elite NBA star. 

Smits or starks 

Depends on who I am?if I'm Ewing why would I pick Smits?If I'm Miller why would I pick Stark's?

Are we going to have imagination now instead of going by what happened?

The knicks and the pacers were 3-3 in the 90s in playoff match ups.

If you're a star, just you. Who do you pick. 

If?using my imagination?I pick Starks as a second scorer since he scored more than Smits since you were whining about not having a second scorer.

Are we gonna keep using imagination?

Both were 1x all star except starks was on all defensive team and was 6th man of the year while Smits wasnt

6 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Underrated. Had no second star despite my love for John starks, he was a sixth man.

Excuses,his squad had Anthony Mason, Oakley and Stark's made it to the finals in 94,and lost to Akeem who had no second star ,he had Thorpe,Vernon Maxwell,rookie Cassell and sophomore Horry.

What's his reason not making it back in 95?Losing to Reggie Miller and the dunking dutchman?

Ewing never had a legit second scorer.  I love starks but he wasn't a second and mase or oak were never scorers. 

You're overrating the squad,94 Knicks had Ewing scoring 25ppg,Stark's at 19 ppg and three others scoring 10ppg

95 pacers had Miller at 19.6 ppg,Dunkin Dutchman at 18ppg and three others at 10ppg.

Well you brought up not having an elite second scorer as excuse for Ewing when he had his second highest scorer scoring as much as Reggie Miller who beat them in 95.

Smits or starks 

Depends on who I am?if I'm Ewing why would I pick Smits?If I'm Miller why would I pick Stark's?

If?using my imagination?I pick Starks as a second scorer since he scored more than Smits since you were whining about not having a second scorer.

Both were 1x all star except starks was on all defensive team and was 6th man of the year while Smits wasnt

So you'd pick starks over Smits. Right? 

6 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Smits or starks 

Sure.

Are you done making excuses for Ewing's failures when he faced equal talented teams in the 90's?

6 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Smits or starks 

Sure.

Are you done making excuses for Ewing's failures when he faced equal talented teams in the 90's?

Is this James Dolan? 

6 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Smits or starks 

Sure.

Is this James Dolan? 

So what else should I imagine?since you wanted me to imagine I'm a nba player that needed a second star.

6 days ago
7/27/04

As a recap,Sonester whined about Ewing not having a second scorer but in fact he did in Starks who scored 19ppg but lost to a team who second leading scorer was at 15ppg.

Then couldn't make it back to the finals again until Ewing got hurt and actually made the Knicks better.

6 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -

As a recap,Sonester whined about Ewing not having a second scorer but in fact he did in Starks who scored 19ppg but lost to a team who second leading scorer was at 15ppg.

Then couldn't make it back to the finals again until Ewing got hurt and actually made the Knicks better.

In recap you think starks is legitimate second star. Thanks  I love John starks 

6 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -

Nah,you were whining him not having a second star even though he lost to a team who didnt have a second star.

So not only did you dicktuck after you found out he lost to teams without a second star,you had to resort to using imagination.

6 days ago
1/5/07
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

This is correct,Zo's heat years he was elite imo

Zo's first 8 years in the league, '92-'00, were great. He averaged 20.9 ppg, 10.1 rbds, and 3.1 blocks and was a 2- time DPOY. He came back from the 2000 Olympics and got diagnosed with his kidney disease. He was never really the same after the diagnosis and had to have a kidney transplant a few years later. .
6 days ago
7/27/04
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

Zo's first 8 years in the league, '92-'00, were great. He averaged 20.9 ppg, 10.1 rbds, and 3.1 blocks and was a 2- time DPOY. He came back from the 2000 Olympics and got diagnosed with his kidney disease. He was never really the same after the diagnosis and had to have a kidney transplant a few years later. .

I wanted to rank him above Ewing because he was a better defender(but Ewing Georgetown years was a beast defender) but Ewing lead his team to the finals while Zo was a backup when he made it.

6 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -

Nah,you were whining him not having a second star even though he lost to a team who didnt have a second star.

So not only did you dicktuck after you found out he lost to teams without a second star,you had to resort to using imagination.

Don't be triggered pare. Starks is my boy and I used to wear his jersey. 

Edited: 6 days ago
2/4/06

But starks > Smits

<3

6 days ago
7/27/04
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

Also Ewing was awesome as he offered to donate his kidney for Alonzo.

Also it was sad to see Ewing in a Sonics uniform.

6 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -

Don't be triggered pare. Starks is my boy and I used to wear his jersey. 

I train Sambo too!

I hate Starks because he was who the warriors got for Sprewell.

6 days ago
1/5/07
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

I had completely forgotten he played his last 2 seasons with Seattle and then Orlando until recently. Damn shame, he should have retired a Knick.
6 days ago
2/9/09
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -

Ill take that, loved Starks

6 days ago
7/27/04

But respect to Starks ,he worked his butt off to make it to the nba

6 days ago
7/27/04
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

I had completely forgotten he played his last 2 seasons with Seattle and then Orlando until recently. Damn shame, he should have retired a Knick.

Whoa forgot Orlando,also felt sad to Akeem as a Raptor

6 days ago
11/9/10
DonFrye_Fan -
kyleburkle -
boxy -
jasperb - 

My top 5 for 90's era centers would be

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

5. I'm torn between Zo and Mt Mutombo but I'd say Zo.

They had very close defensive numbers but Zo had the offensive edge scoring almost 3k more points, when in reality he only had about 10-11 healthy seasons. He played probably close to 400 less games than Mutombo, and he had a ring so in going with Zo.

Solid rankings. I might even put Robinson at #2.

People forget Robinson wasn't able to join the NBA till he was 25, so he missed several prime years. Noobs only remember him after his back injury severely limited him. Robinson at his peak was a force of nature. Great scorer and one of the all-time great defensive centers. Didn't really have any weaknesses in his prime.

Ewing was excellent: a rugged defender and an amazing mid-range shooter. His stats didn't pop as much as some of the others, but his numbers were very good. Ewing was a generational type talent. We forget that now because he played during the golden age of centers.

robinson had almost no shooting or post moves just big guy that ran the break and dunked, robinson was a great defensive presense and rebound guy, and great in transition, but on the money he disappeared

ewing had them beautiful drop step turnaround jumper, similiar to karl malone but smoother

Robinson had as good of, or better, FG% away from the basket than Ewing.

How many shots did Robinson take outside 8 feet though? 

6 days ago
2/4/06

How's this for a hot take

Starks was Jordan's real nemesis

6 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -

Imo swimming is his nemesis,he stopped doing it ever since he had to break his friends hand who was holding on to him to stop from drowning.his friend drowned to his death.

6 days ago
6/1/07
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

I wanted to rank him above Ewing because he was a better defender(but Ewing Georgetown years was a beast defender) but Ewing lead his team to the finals while Zo was a backup when he made it.

Zo was a great player, but his peak was nowhere near Ewing's peak. Zo never topped 24 ppg, while Ewing did it for five consecutive years with a high of 28.6 ppg. Zo managed to barely eke out one year with over 11 rpg, while Ewing did it five consecutive years with a high of 12.1 rpg. They were pretty much equals as rim defenders, with both of them putting up multiple seasons of 3 bpg. Ewing was better at getting strips though, with 7 consecutive seasons with over 1 spg, while Zo only did it once and only averaged 0.5 spg for his career. Finally, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, Zo was an abysmal passer, with a career average just over 1 apg, while Ewing was an adequate passer, with a career average of just under 2 apg.

Ewing was better all around.
6 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Imo swimming is his nemesis,he stopped doing it ever since he had to break his friends hand who was holding on to him to stop from drowning.his friend drowned to his death.

With that in mind Jordan's real nemesis were 2 hitmen who iced his pops 

6 days ago
2/4/06

Magic Johnsons real nemesis was gay anal sex 

6 days ago
6/1/07
VinegarStrokes - 
DonFrye_Fan -
kyleburkle -
boxy -
jasperb - 

My top 5 for 90's era centers would be

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

5. I'm torn between Zo and Mt Mutombo but I'd say Zo.

They had very close defensive numbers but Zo had the offensive edge scoring almost 3k more points, when in reality he only had about 10-11 healthy seasons. He played probably close to 400 less games than Mutombo, and he had a ring so in going with Zo.

Solid rankings. I might even put Robinson at #2.

People forget Robinson wasn't able to join the NBA till he was 25, so he missed several prime years. Noobs only remember him after his back injury severely limited him. Robinson at his peak was a force of nature. Great scorer and one of the all-time great defensive centers. Didn't really have any weaknesses in his prime.

Ewing was excellent: a rugged defender and an amazing mid-range shooter. His stats didn't pop as much as some of the others, but his numbers were very good. Ewing was a generational type talent. We forget that now because he played during the golden age of centers.

robinson had almost no shooting or post moves just big guy that ran the break and dunked, robinson was a great defensive presense and rebound guy, and great in transition, but on the money he disappeared

ewing had them beautiful drop step turnaround jumper, similiar to karl malone but smoother

Robinson had as good of, or better, FG% away from the basket than Ewing.

How many shots did Robinson take outside 8 feet though? 

For fucks sakes, read the thread.

Robinson took nearly half his shots from outside 8 feet. He actually took more long twos (over 16') than most centers of that era. He had an excellent face up game out to about 18-20 feet.