Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

This is correct,Zo's heat years he was elite imo

Zo's first 8 years in the league, '92-'00, were great. He averaged 20.9 ppg, 10.1 rbds, and 3.1 blocks and was a 2- time DPOY. He came back from the 2000 Olympics and got diagnosed with his kidney disease. He was never really the same after the diagnosis and had to have a kidney transplant a few years later. .

I wanted to rank him above Ewing because he was a better defender(but Ewing Georgetown years was a beast defender) but Ewing lead his team to the finals while Zo was a backup when he made it.

Zo was a great player, but his peak was nowhere near Ewing's peak. Zo never topped 24 ppg, while Ewing did it for five consecutive years with a high of 28.6 ppg. Zo managed to barely eke out one year with over 11 rpg, while Ewing did it five consecutive years with a high of 12.1 rpg. They were pretty much equals as rim defenders, with both of them putting up multiple seasons of 3 bpg. Ewing was better at getting strips though, with 7 consecutive seasons with over 1 spg, while Zo only did it once and only averaged 0.5 spg for his career. Finally, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, Zo was an abysmal passer, with a career average just over 1 apg, while Ewing was an adequate passer, with a career average of just under 2 apg.

Ewing was better all around.

Yeah agreed.i ranked Ewing higher,I just remembered how fucking hard Alonzo played defensively.

Alonzo was a better defender (Ewing was elite too),but Ewing did everything else better

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

Maybe I'm giving Zo more credit for being a tiny center.

5 days ago
2/4/06

Zo s biggest nemesis was his kidney 

5 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -

Zo s biggest nemesis was his kidney 

5 days ago
7/27/04
Sonester Sambo -

Magic Johnsons real nemesis was gay anal sex 

5 days ago
11/9/10
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Underrated. Had no second star despite my love for John starks, he was a sixth man.

Hakeem had the edge but pat gave all it as good to all the best of em

Kevin Willis used to shit on him though

Rick. Smits was a pain in the ass

Excuses,his squad had Anthony Mason, Oakley and Stark's made it to the finals in 94,and lost to Akeem who had no second star ,he had Thorpe,Vernon Maxwell,rookie Cassell and sophomore Horry.

What's his reason not making it back in 95?Losing to Reggie Miller and the dunking dutchman?

You're underrating that pacers squad.

Ewing never had a legit second scorer.  I love starks but he wasn't a second and mase or oak were never scorers. 

Mase was a beast who could handle the ball but was not a scorer. 

You're overrating the squad,94 Knicks had Ewing scoring 25ppg,Stark's at 19 ppg and three others scoring 10ppg

Hakeem was scoring 27 ppg,Thorpe at 14 ppg and three others at 10ppg

95 pacers had Miller at 19.6 ppg,Dunkin Dutchman at 18ppg and three others at 10ppg.

So when Jordan calls the pacers his toughest comp, was he overeating them also?

I hated the pacers, fuck it I'm not defending that team anymore 

The Pacers are the only team to ever take Jordan to a game 7 in their 6 title wins. 

5 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Lmao hahaha

Wade's son is transitioning as well

5 days ago
6/1/07
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

Zo's first 8 years in the league, '92-'00, were great. He averaged 20.9 ppg, 10.1 rbds, and 3.1 blocks and was a 2- time DPOY. He came back from the 2000 Olympics and got diagnosed with his kidney disease. He was never really the same after the diagnosis and had to have a kidney transplant a few years later. .

I wanted to rank him above Ewing because he was a better defender(but Ewing Georgetown years was a beast defender) but Ewing lead his team to the finals while Zo was a backup when he made it.

Zo was a great player, but his peak was nowhere near Ewing's peak. Zo never topped 24 ppg, while Ewing did it for five consecutive years with a high of 28.6 ppg. Zo managed to barely eke out one year with over 11 rpg, while Ewing did it five consecutive years with a high of 12.1 rpg. They were pretty much equals as rim defenders, with both of them putting up multiple seasons of 3 bpg. Ewing was better at getting strips though, with 7 consecutive seasons with over 1 spg, while Zo only did it once and only averaged 0.5 spg for his career. Finally, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, Zo was an abysmal passer, with a career average just over 1 apg, while Ewing was an adequate passer, with a career average of just under 2 apg.

Yeah agreed.i ranked Ewing higher,I just remembered how fucking hard Alonzo played defensively.

Alonzo was a better defender (Ewing was elite too),but Ewing did everything else better

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

I don't even know that I would say Zo was a better defender. They were pretty close, but I'd give Ewing the edge because he was better at the little stuff like defensive rebounding and stripping the ball away from guys who got careless. I'd rate them about even as rim defenders though.

That said, I agree Zo was a huge overachiever on the defensive end considering his size. His desire and determination to be a difference maker on the defensive end more than made up for what he lacked in length.
5 days ago
3/19/04
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

It was hard not to like Zo when he was undersized height-wise, but had extra muscle, heart, and toughness. I always think of him as a "warrior". I always got the impression he was loyal to Riley and the Heat as well. He was committed.

5 days ago
7/27/04
Canooke -
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

It was hard not to like Zo when he was undersized height-wise, but had extra muscle, heart, and toughness. I always think of him as a "warrior". I always got the impression he was loyal to Riley and the Heat as well. He was committed.

The hornets team he was on was undersized as fuck,him at center,LJ at pf,Muggsey at pg.

5 days ago
2/4/06
EKPOGI -
Canooke -
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

The hornets team he was on was undersized as fuck,him at center,LJ at pf,Muggsey at pg.

My NBA jam team

5 days ago
7/27/04

Alonzo might be the second greatest undersized center

5 days ago
5/9/20
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Looks like JJisitue homey!

5 days ago
9/10/10

Ewing averaged over 20 points per game every season from 85-98

He came out of college when he was 23 so he was older also

5 days ago
1/1/01
kyleburkle - 
boxy -
jasperb - 

My top 5 for 90's era centers would be

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

5. I'm torn between Zo and Mt Mutombo but I'd say Zo.

They had very close defensive numbers but Zo had the offensive edge scoring almost 3k more points, when in reality he only had about 10-11 healthy seasons. He played probably close to 400 less games than Mutombo, and he had a ring so in going with Zo.

Solid rankings. I might even put Robinson at #2.

People forget Robinson wasn't able to join the NBA till he was 25, so he missed several prime years. Noobs only remember him after his back injury severely limited him. Robinson at his peak was a force of nature. Great scorer and one of the all-time great defensive centers. Didn't really have any weaknesses in his prime.

Ewing was excellent: a rugged defender and an amazing mid-range shooter. His stats didn't pop as much as some of the others, but his numbers were very good. Ewing was a generational type talent. We forget that now because he played during the golden age of centers.

robinson had almost no shooting or post moves just big guy that ran the break and dunked, robinson was a great defensive presense and rebound guy, and great in transition, but on the money he disappeared

ewing had them beautiful drop step turnaround jumper, similiar to karl malone but smoother

Robinson had almost no shooting?

lol, okay, so you never watched him.

5 days ago
1/5/07
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

God damn I loved that team. And fuck George Shinn.
5 days ago
7/27/04
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

God damn I loved that team. And fuck George Shinn.

That's my second favorite Hornets team.i loved the Hornets circa triple double Anthony rapist Mason.

5 days ago
3/19/04
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -
EKPOGI - 
Steve4192 -
EKPOGI - 
B Sharps -
EKPOGI - 
Canooke -

Olajuwon
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Zo
Mutombo

But yes,Ewing>Zo.

That was a cool team. I like both Zo and LJ. I have nothing against Bogues either.

5 days ago
9/10/10
boxy -
kyleburkle - 
boxy -
jasperb - 

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

They had very close defensive numbers but Zo had the offensive edge scoring almost 3k more points, when in reality he only had about 10-11 healthy seasons. He played probably close to 400 less games than Mutombo, and he had a ring so in going with Zo.

People forget Robinson wasn't able to join the NBA till he was 25, so he missed several prime years. Noobs only remember him after his back injury severely limited him. Robinson at his peak was a force of nature. Great scorer and one of the all-time great defensive centers. Didn't really have any weaknesses in his prime.

Ewing was excellent: a rugged defender and an amazing mid-range shooter. His stats didn't pop as much as some of the others, but his numbers were very good. Ewing was a generational type talent. We forget that now because he played during the golden age of centers.

robinson had almost no shooting or post moves just big guy that ran the break and dunked, robinson was a great defensive presense and rebound guy, and great in transition, but on the money he disappeared

ewing had them beautiful drop step turnaround jumper, similiar to karl malone but smoother

Robinson had almost no shooting?

lol, okay, so you never watched him.

i watched the shit out of nba back in the day,robinsons points mostly came in transition, he had a decent spin move to the hoop just never seen him do alot of range shooting or pivot fade away type stuff.

Ewing had second best pivot moves i have seen in a center, first was Hakeem and that was unreal

Mourning had some pivot stuff, but mostly a put back garbageman, Mourning played more like what he actually was, a power forward, he didnt have the size to do that 90s back in pivot move

Shaq was kinda like Robinson just a huge hammer

5 days ago
9/10/10
VinegarStrokes -
DonFrye_Fan -
kyleburkle -
boxy -
jasperb - 

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

Robinson had as good of, or better, FG% away from the basket than Ewing.

How many shots did Robinson take outside 8 feet though? 

yea i never saw him shoot hardly ever, and never saw him do alot of pivot moves, i liked him as a kid for being a beast dunker, but its all restrepect now, robinson couldnt do jack shit until duncan came along because he was limited offensively, ewing did all that stuff, with almost no help, starks 6 man, oakley couldnt score, who else they have, buncha bench roll players, knicks were a back court scorer away from being dominant

5 days ago
9/10/10

5 days ago
9/10/10

5 days ago
6/1/07
kyleburkle - 
VinegarStrokes -
DonFrye_Fan -
kyleburkle -
boxy -
jasperb - 

1. Hakeem

2. Shaq

3. David Robinson

4. Ewing

Robinson had as good of, or better, FG% away from the basket than Ewing.

How many shots did Robinson take outside 8 feet though? 

yea i never saw him shoot hardly ever, and never saw him do alot of pivot moves, i liked him as a kid for being a beast dunker, but its all restrepect now, robinson couldnt do jack shit until duncan came along because he was limited offensively, ewing did all that stuff, with almost no help, starks 6 man, oakley couldnt score, who else they have, buncha bench roll players, knicks were a back court scorer away from being dominant

LOL

Robinson was so limited offensively he led the league in scoring four years before Duncan arrived.

You are right that Robinson wasn't a big turnaround and fadeaway guy. His best halfcourt moves if he couldn't get the basket were to face up to the hoop and elevate for a jump shot. It worked for him because he was so damn quick that defenders were reluctant to play him tight for fear of him putting the ball on the floor and driving past them. The Admiral shot just as much from the outside as Ewing, but he was more of a slasher who could stop-and-pop from out there rather than an iso guy.
4 days ago
7/13/09
BayXI -
EKPOGI -
Sonester Sambo -

Looks like JJisitue homey!

My eyebrows aren’t nearly that thick.