OtherGround Forums Which Game Console Had Best Library?

13 days ago
7/16/13

I'm a sucker for the GameCube. I think its library was underappreciated at the time and got a lot of recognition later. Many of the titles still play beautifully and cost quite a bit to obtain 

13 days ago
12/18/10

PC

Edited: 13 days ago
1/14/07

PS2

SNES

PS1

Sega 

Xbox 

360 and PS3 too close to call

I kind of lost interest and have no idea about current gens. 

13 days ago
5/20/19

The Amiga was pretty good back in the day. I used to play Defender of the Crown, Zork, Tetris, Arazoks Tomb. Shit would keep me up for days. 

Also SNES was awesome

13 days ago
5/14/10
PS2 because it could play all of the PS1 games as well.
13 days ago
10/27/03

PS4

13 days ago
2/27/15
Grendelplata -

PC

I ne’er understood the appeal of PC gaming...who wants to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard and play using a silly monitor?

much more fun to sit on a comfy sofa and play on a big 60” screen. Who cares if the graphics aren’t as sharp - they’re still sharp. 
even if you’re playing COD..the people you’re playing against are Xbox users too, so everyones on the same playing field, the games are just as competitive.

PC gaming is weird.

13 days ago
1/1/01
HoneyGlazedJinx - 

The Amiga was pretty good back in the day. I used to play Defender of the Crown, Zork, Tetris, Arazoks Tomb. Shit would keep me up for days. 

Also SNES was awesome

Did you play any Amiga game AFTER 1987?
13 days ago
11/20/10
ChiefMac -
Grendelplata -

PC

I ne’er understood the appeal of PC gaming...who wants to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard and play using a silly monitor?

much more fun to sit on a comfy sofa and play on a big 60” screen. Who cares if the graphics aren’t as sharp - they’re still sharp. 
even if you’re playing COD..the people you’re playing against are Xbox users too, so everyones on the same playing field, the games are just as competitive.

PC gaming is weird.

You can connect your PC to a tv though. Its as simple as plugging in the HDMI cable. 

13 days ago
11/20/10

Overall i'd probably go with the PS2. The SNES and PS1 rank highly too. 

13 days ago
8/21/14

PlayStation in my opinion. Lots of games come out of Japan that you’ve never heard of. Can’t say they are all good but way more that Xbox. Steam probably has the largest catalog

13 days ago
7/24/12

Sega Dreamcast were pound for pound the most fun games.

Especially NFL Blitz and NBA on NBC

There was just something about the gameplay that made it perfect.

13 days ago
8/18/13

It’s between

Commodore 64

SNES

Xbox 360

I’d lean towards SNES, but I think it’s only due to my own fondness for it. The 360 has it all. I could easily name 100 9/10 or better C64 games off the top of my head though.. 

PS1 had a spectacular library in its day, but both that and N64 hold up so poorly it’s hard to include them. PS2 holds up better, but still not well enough to include it 

13 days ago
8/18/13
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Sega Dreamcast were pound for pound the most fun games.

Especially NFL Blitz and NBA on NBC

There was just something about the gameplay that made it perfect.

Holds up so well too, very little shit on the DC

Check our Sturmwind on Youtube if you don’t know of it, released a few years ago, incredible that it’s a DC game, it looks unbelievable 

13 days ago
11/30/07

Genesis/dreamcast for me when it comes to consoles. Ps2 comes in a distant second. 

13 days ago
2/27/15
Teenage Mutant Lesnar Turtle -
ChiefMac -
Grendelplata -

PC

PC gaming is weird.

You can connect your PC to a tv though. Its as simple as plugging in the HDMI cable. 

But how do u use a keyboard and mouse without a desk? 

13 days ago
1/1/01
ChiefMac -
ChiefMac -
Grendelplata -

PC

PC gaming is weird.

But how do u use a keyboard and mouse without a desk? 

You can use a controller if you want

13 days ago
11/16/17

Dreamcast cause it can play burned games and emulators right out of the box 

13 days ago
9/22/16
SNES by a fucking mile.
13 days ago
12/6/14

Xbox 360 hands down you heathens.

13 days ago
7/8/02

No love for NES?

I was a Genesis guy. I’ve got a raspberry pi setup right now and have to say I’m very impressed with the SNES library. And that’s with no nostalgia attached to it.

13 days ago
3/21/12
ChiefMac - 
Grendelplata -

PC

PC gaming is weird.

First person shooters suck on consoles. The mouse and keyboard are essential for quick and accurate aim.
12 days ago
5/20/19
Squatdog -
HoneyGlazedJinx - 

Also SNES was awesome

Did you play any Amiga game AFTER 1987?

Lol. I think that’s the only time I played around 1990. My aunt was throwing away her Amiga and gave it to me with a bunch of games. I’m assuming it was crap?

12 days ago
10/27/03
ChiefMac -
Grendelplata -

PC

PC gaming is weird.

PC gamers don’t do that though.
Sure they could .... but they don’t.

12 days ago
10/22/14
TzTinkle -
ChiefMac - 
Grendelplata -

PC

PC gaming is weird.

First person shooters suck on consoles. The mouse and keyboard are essential for quick and accurate aim.

Yeah, I think this is the differentiator, what type of games you play. First person shooters have much better game playing experience on a computer. 

Other games play better on a console. 

So just depends what you mostly play.