OtherGround Forums Which Unsolved Mystery Still Gets You?

Edited: 28 days ago
1/1/01

For me, it’s the one about the mysterious carpenter that showed up at a church in need of a new staircase. He builds the staircase by hand, and does so using a design that defies architectural knowledge of the time. Then he disappears without taking any payment at all. They call it Jesus’s Staircase.

https://www.lorettochapel.com/info/staircase

second one was about an ultra-marathon runner. As he is running in the dessert, he is being filmed by two guys. All of a sudden, he lurches forward and then disappears. Was never seen or heard from again. He literally vanished right in front of them.

28 days ago
1/1/01

How is this not solved?

28 days ago
1/1/01

Where’s the video of your second story?

28 days ago
12/25/13
Rocky Dennis -

In for the video.... sure I will be disappointed 

28 days ago
2/3/16
The Green Bastard -
Rocky Dennis -

Let’s see... what does lurched forward even look like while running? Like he was running into s portal?

28 days ago
11/24/05

I remember the staircase one. Wasn’t there a certain number of steps that had meaning also?

28 days ago
6/13/05

Roanoke Colony

Dyatlov Pass 

28 days ago
2/4/07

Francois-Jean "Frenchy" Rochas built the staircase. 

1/1/01

There’s a large current thread about this from yesterday:

What single mystery would you most like solved?

serendipity or do you both read another forum and are attempting to jack its swagger?

28 days ago
11/15/07

I thought I heard a possible explanantion once of the Jesus staircase being built by a scandinavian carpenter, They supposedly had the skills to build such intricate things. 

28 days ago
3/27/03

Interested 

28 days ago
3/25/19

Bermuda triangle for me!

Followed by the Phoenix lights. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
Jump Kick -

serendipity or do you both read another forum and are attempting to jack its swagger?

OP is talking about the show Unsolved Mysteries I believe. 

28 days ago
2/27/13
HighInsideLegKick -

Bermuda triangle for me!

Followed by the Phoenix lights. 

Bermuda triangle - high density of traffic, unpredictable weather, right in the path of many hurricanes. Combine that with a few strange tales and fevered imaginings, together with the profitability of books / TV programmes / films about the wierd and paranormal and you have a "hotspot" of "strange disappearances."

The biggest shipping insurer in the world, Lloyds of London, do not charge any extra for ships that pass through that area. That fact shows there is nothing extraordinary about it.

28 days ago
6/27/09
j-money -
Jump Kick -

OP is talking about the show Unsolved Mysteries I believe. 

28 days ago
5/20/19

I find “Out of Place Artifacts (ooparts)” interesting. So basically they have found things like:

• Chinese wax seals buried in Ohio mounds 
  • Ancient Anchors from Chinese junk ships off the coast of California. 
  • Phoenician writing similarities in Olmec Mexico and Brazil. 
  • An old ass rock in Chicago with what looks like a beaded Viking on it. Dated to like 1400s. 
  • Stone wheels that look like they belong on Barney Rubbles car in ancient dry riverbeds.

I just find it fascinating that maybe the new world was visited a bunch of times by accident. Also maybe we had more technology than we think.

Theres also this weird wall outside of San Francisco. It’s like somebody in ancient times built this big ass wall and nobody can figure out why. Except it’s very “Chinese” in the way it was built. So the theory is maybe the Chinese landed and built the wall to protect from hostile Indians but then they all died or moved away and we have no idea what happened exactly. Just theories.

5/20/19

Here is that weird wall in California

http://www.ancientpages.com/2015/10/28/mystery-of-great-wall-of-california-an-ancient-unsolved-enigma/

28 days ago
12/25/13
MasterRooster -
The Green Bastard -
Rocky Dennis -

Let’s see... what does lurched forward even look like while running? Like he was running into s portal?

Lol that would be the most famous video tape ever... yet googling it doesn’t bring anything up other than a marathoner or two getting lost and dying. 

1/1/01
Malaysia Flight 370

JonBenet Ramsey
23 days ago
1/1/01
MasterRooster -
The Green Bastard -
Rocky Dennis -

Kind of looked like he stumbled forward. Like he tripped and was falling on his face. Then he was gone. Cant find a video on YouTube.

23 days ago
1/2/15

The toys r us ghost 

My friend worked warehouse there and they gave everyone in the back a 1 million life insurance policy because the ghost loved to drop packages that were high up on the shelves. 

My friend said he never saw anything but always heard like someone was going through the warehouse, steps and rustling of packages.  

The case was in unsolved mysteries 

23 days ago
1/1/01

Here is a link that has several stories about people who vanished right before the eyes of others:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/11/bizarre-cases-of-people-who-spontaneously-ceased-to-exist/

the story about the runner begins with: a similarly bizarre vanishing supposedly happened in 1873.... obviously I remembered the story wrong. When Unsolved Mysteries profiled it, they must have done a recreation of the story and as a kid I remembered it as a legitimate video of the event.

23 days ago
8/28/17
Junnk -

The toys r us ghost 

My friend worked warehouse there and they gave everyone in the back a 1 million life insurance policy because the ghost loved to drop packages that were high up on the shelves. 

My friend said he never saw anything but always heard like someone was going through the warehouse, steps and rustling of packages.  

The case was in unsolved mysteries 

Sounds like a real asshole lol

23 days ago
1/1/01
GuttyProfessor -

Here is a link that has several stories about people who vanished right before the eyes of others:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/11/bizarre-cases-of-people-who-spontaneously-ceased-to-exist/

the story about the runner begins with: a similarly bizarre vanishing supposedly happened in 1873.... obviously I remembered the story wrong. When Unsolved Mysteries profiled it, they must have done a recreation of the story and as a kid I remembered it as a legitimate video of the event.

How did this realization impact you?

23 days ago
1/1/01

DB Cooper