OtherGround Forums White Omaha Bar Owner who Shot BLM - SUICIDED

9/21/20 1:36 AM
2/7/08

White Bar Owner Indicted in Fatal Shooting of Black Man During Protest

The charges against Jake Gardner in the May 30 killing of James Scurlock in Omaha include manslaughter and making terrorist threats.

Justin Wayne, a lawyer for the Scurlock family, on Tuesday spoke about the charges filed in the shooting of James Scurlock. Mr. Scurlock’s father, James Scurlock II, is second from right.Credit...Chris Machian/Omaha World-Herald, via Associated Press

• Published Sept. 15, 2020Updated Sept. 20, 2020

A white bar owner in Nebraska was indicted on Tuesday in the fatal shooting of a Black man during a protest in May, a case that a prosecutor had initially declined to prosecute after characterizing the bar owner’s actions as self-defense.

The bar owner, Jake Gardner, was indicted by a grand jury in Douglas County on four counts, including manslaughter, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, attempted first degree assault and making terrorist threats, officials said.

The authorities said that Mr. Gardner, 38, confronted a group of men outside one of his bars in Omaha on May 30 and was knocked to the ground. From there, he fired two warning shots and tried to get to his feet, prosecutors said. As he did, Mr. Gardner got into a fight with one man, James Scurlock, 22. The two scuffled before Mr. Gardner fired a shot that killed him.

Mr. Scurlock’s killing drew widespread attention and quickly touched off large demonstrations in Omaha. The police arrested 75 to 100 people at a demonstration about two months after his death, KMTV reported at the time.

The killing of Mr. Scurlock in Omaha came just five days after the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis, which prompted protests for police reform across the country.

9/21/20 8:09 AM
3/14/06

Crazy. If that’s not self defense then what is?

9/21/20 8:16 AM
8/12/09
T-Ham - 

I guess there is no self defence anymore. You are required to let them come on to your property, destroy your property, and beat you up. you can't do anything to defend yourself.

9/21/20 8:17 AM
1/3/20

"White Bar Owner"

Goddamn the media! I hope someone is taking notes and remembers every single fucking name. Motherfuckers! 

9/21/20 8:18 AM
11/11/12
jake11 -
T-Ham - 

I guess there is no self defence anymore. You are required to let them come on to your property, destroy your property, and beat you up. you can't do anything to defend yourself.

Just an indictment though, doesnt mean shit.  You can indict a ham sandwich. Dude shouldve waited until after the trial to possibly suicide, likely was all for naught.

9/21/20 8:20 AM
12/29/09

Made the mistake of reading the comments on Twitter. Liberals are happy about this because he tried to take the law into his own hands. 

9/21/20 8:20 AM
11/9/10
T-Ham -

You aren’t allowed to claim self defense in the face of angry leftist mobs. See Kyle Rittenhouse as exhibit a. 

9/21/20 8:22 AM
1/1/01

What does the title mean? He killed himself?

9/21/20 10:08 AM
6/23/10

So the left wants to defund and eradicate the police and then condemn those who merely stand up and defend their property.

9/21/20 10:27 AM
5/30/03

Can we see a video of the entire incident without anchors and news all over everything?  

9/21/20 10:28 AM
7/12/03
Whambo -

What does the title mean? He killed himself?

Yes

Edited: 9/21/20 10:30 AM
1/1/01
LBH_RN -

So the left wants to defund and eradicate the police and then condemn those who merely stand up and defend their property.

Well yeah and they are all dead silent on all their social media forms but if a karen says something racist they virtue signal everyone to death. Bunch of inconsistent bitches. 

9/21/20 10:48 AM
3/23/07
danggook - 
jake11 -
T-Ham - 

Just an indictment though, doesnt mean shit.  You can indict a ham sandwich. Dude shouldve waited until after the trial to possibly suicide, likely was all for naught.

Agreed.

9/21/20 11:04 AM
1/9/02
LBH_RN -

correct

9/21/20 11:50 AM
1/1/01

They used the Zimmerman move. When the DA deems charges shouldn't be brought they bring in a special prosecutor they know will bring charges regardless of the evidence. His Gofundme was also cancelled to ensure the financial burden was his alone.

9/21/20 12:05 PM
9/19/13

I don’t know. This shit is suspicious. What if he was murdered and made to look like suicide?

9/21/20 12:31 PM
10/11/18
That DA has blood on their hands for bending to the mob. This is clearly how Democrats plan to rule the US. By Mob Rule.
9/21/20 12:33 PM
3/7/07

I saw Shaun king posted about this and he said the guy was a white suprematist.

9/21/20 12:41 PM
7/14/10
FlowWithTheGo -

Fuck that guy in every way possible. He gets fucking free reign on twitter to call of all kinds of shit against people. Fucker should be jailed for the shit he has pulled

He did this before and it led to guy committing "suicide". Look up the Jazmine Barnes story.

The fuck recently threatened to start releasing names of innocent police officers from Kenosha PD ( to basically be doxed and harrassed ) unless the PD released the name of the officer who shot Blake.

9/21/20 2:30 PM
3/15/06
oranos - 

I don’t know. This shit is suspicious. What if he was murdered and made to look like suicide?

What is suspicious about someone committing suicide when faced with financial ruin and jail?
9/21/20 3:52 PM
6/6/02
easedel - 
FlowWithTheGo -

Fuck that guy in every way possible. He gets fucking free reign on twitter to call of all kinds of shit against people. Fucker should be jailed for the shit he has pulled

He did this before and it led to guy committing "suicide". Look up the Jazmine Barnes story.

The fuck recently threatened to start releasing names of innocent police officers from Kenosha PD ( to basically be doxed and harrassed ) unless the PD released the name of the officer who shot Blake.

Can DA or FBI do something?
9/21/20 4:24 PM
4/22/07

Only problem is he didnt kill the entire group of scumbags. Asshole lives do not matter.

9/21/20 4:26 PM
9/19/13
OnCall -
oranos - 

What is suspicious about someone committing suicide when faced with financial ruin and jail?

I don’t know maybe the fact he seems like he holds conservative values which means that suicide is not a very ideologically fitting option.

28 days ago
1/1/01

I warned all of you people about the dangers of trial by media and now all of you are seeing the reality. Cases should be tried in a courtroom not on social media.

Harvey Weinstein was my example. He was a scumbag over-charged and tried under circumstances in which prosecutors normally would not have pursued the case, but the public demanded it. 

Because he’s a fat ugly liberal Jew some of you wanted to see him punished. 

That is just one example.  

Now it’s happening to police officers and White people acting in self-defense:

Edited: 28 days ago
12/26/05
scarfacedave -

I warned all of you people about the dangers of trial by media and now all of you are seeing the reality. Cases should be tried in a courtroom not on social media.

Harvey Weinstein was my example. He was a scumbag over-charged and tried under circumstances in which prosecutors normally would not have pursued the case, but the public demanded it. 

Because he’s a fat ugly liberal Jew some of you wanted to see him punished. 

That is just one example.  

Now it’s happening to police officers and White people acting in self-defense:

This is happening because of politics.  This isnt random overprocecution due to media, there is a pattern here.

If it were merely media, you wouldnt also see the rampant underprocecution of ANTIFA/SLF/BLM by a half dozen DAs around the country.

What this is, is the violation of the social contract by the DNC, encouraged by +90% of the media as well as the threat of mob violence like what happened in Louisville.