OtherGround Forums Who loves their dad?

6 days ago
11/21/15

My dads birthday was yesterday. The guy is a legend but more importantly he’s the single most example of a gentleman. He’s saved me from myself many times growing up and never gave up on me when I countlessly found ways to fuck up. Played football at San Diego state and spent two seasons on the 49ers practice squad. He then went on to become a firefighter and was an assistant deputy chief when it was all said and done. The smoothest guy you’ll ever talk to. A hell of a cook. But above all really just the greatest dad you could ever have. I’ll include some pictures of him. What does your dad mean to you? 

6 days ago
11/21/15

6 days ago
1/1/01

I lost my dad this summer and I'll never be the same

6 days ago
11/21/15

6 days ago
11/21/15

6 days ago
11/21/15
mestregruber -

My heart hurts for you brother. I know nothing I can say will help the pain. You say you’ll never be the same so that tells me he left an everlasting impact on you, he will be with you always.

6 days ago
9/4/17

Miss my pops. 

6 days ago
9/4/17

6 days ago
9/4/17

6 days ago
1/14/07

He worked in a coal mine all his life. I don't think he has much time left. I'm trying to make sure we have some good memories while he's still able.
6 days ago
1/14/07

About 5 years ago on this one.
6 days ago
4/6/19
ShutTheFckUpDonny -

your dad is John Stamos?

jokINg

6 days ago
11/21/15
Wayne Glamcock -
ShutTheFckUpDonny -

your dad is John Stamos?

jokINg

Hahah he gets Jose Canseco mostly 

6 days ago
4/6/19
ShutTheFckUpDonny -
Wayne Glamcock -
ShutTheFckUpDonny -

your dad is John Stamos?

jokINg

Hahah he gets Jose Canseco mostly 

I did go back and forth...

6 days ago
7/13/09
ShutTheFckUpDonny -

Came to post Your dad is Jose Canseco!?..missed it by that much...

Edited: 6 days ago
5/23/07
mestregruber - 

I am sorry for your loss. 6 months ago today my dad died. I miss him so fucking much
6 days ago
3/1/13

I love my dad and get along with him great but we are both a bit quiet/socially awkward so talking on the phone is kinda weird for us. I live in CA. and he is in CO. We call each other but it is always slow and weird. Get us together with a few beers and we are the perfect complimentary team for your party!!

6 days ago
3/1/13
YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD -

I love my dad and get along with him great but we are both a bit quiet/socially awkward so talking on the phone is kinda weird for us. I live in CA. and he is in CO. We call each other but it is always slow and weird. Get us together with a few beers and we are the perfect complimentary team for your party!!

There were never any problems, he was a great man doing what he needed to do to make his family work but the military is a strain on every family. I am amazed when I look back and think about how I was left alone for 2 to 3 months at a time in a place we had just moved to my Junior year of HS. I was left a checkbook and a phone tree of Coast Guard wives from the ship. Actually, originally it was in 8th grade I was left alone but the ship only went out for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, 110ft.

6 days ago
10/27/03
ShutTheFckUpDonny -

After seeing this picture .... I love your dad

6 days ago
1/11/13

Yeah, hes my best mate. 

Also, the OGers who've lost their Dads. I couldnt imagine the pain you've suffered 

6 days ago
6/3/11

We're not close and never have been. Our family life was horrible and we just never recovered from it relationship wise. I left home for the Army the second I was able to and have only been "home" a handful of times since. He married a real cunt that's chased away his friends and makes everything hell. He's retired now and has serious guilt about our relationship. I tell him I'm not bitter towards him but my life has definitely moved on. I live in Colombia half the year and just come back for work. Time has killed us. But he's a decent man. He's just married horrible women. My mother included. He's been a perfect father to my sister. She is in constant need and I've never been like that. I'm definitely the black sheep of the whole family. They're all very religious and I'm not. I've traveled the world for work and fun and they have never really done any exploring. We're just opposites. 

6 days ago
11/16/17

I did till I got a blacked out thing......

6 days ago
1/1/01

Of course I love my father. I had a great childhood and have a great family. I feel bad for people when I hear about how they don't love their parents b/c they were shitty parents 

6 days ago
4/14/11

My dad was shitty so when my son was born, I promised myself I would have an actual relationship with him. He’s 6 now and he’s the best thing that ever happened to me. I love that little dude and I would do anything for him. 

6 days ago
1/16/12

I wish my mom divorced that piece of shit 

I happy for you brotha. I'm glad he stepped up to the plate instead of just being present & invisible