OtherGround Forums Who's all had covid?

Edited: 27 days ago
6/12/13
Believeit -
SuperFightFan - Man, figured we have 1000's on here. And TONS of deaths.

After all the numbers are skyrocketing and the sky is falling.

You do know that anyone who died from Covid is not going to respond on this thread right?

If they can vote, they can respond. 

27 days ago
8/23/11
i died in March

Terrible
27 days ago
3/18/02
SteelyRes211 -

I think i might have had it back in February. Sickest I've been in a long time and i remember a couple of times where it felt like i couldn't breathe unless i sat up and concentrated on it. Illness lasted almost a week, breathing issues lasted about a day or two. 

Similar and I had two bosses who just came back from China (not Wuhan though). I thought it was strep it hurt so bad. Doctor said it was viral but could not pinpoint exactly what. 

27 days ago
7/6/14
Lights Out Lurker -

Who here actually has gone to a doctor and gotten a positive Covid test, not just your own diagnosis....."I had it in February, blah blah" lolol

I actually tested positive for covid. 

Was out of work for 3 weeks

One person in my wife's office had....gave it to her and she gave it to me. 

27 days ago
1/1/01

I only get sick like once a year...and it usually only lasts a day or two.

Earlier in the year, I got SICK AF. The odd thing though, is that the symptoms changed literally every 18-36 hours or so.

I'd go from sneezing like crazy and watery eyes and allergy-like symptoms to all that being gone, but now my nose running uncontrollably as if I had a cold. That would go away and a monumental cough would show up as if I'd had a cold for a few days. That would go away and the sneezing would come back. That would away and I'd get the serious fever, cold sweats, etc like I had the flu. That would go away and I'd have such bad sinus congestion that I felt like I had a migraine. That would go away and the nose running would come back.

etc, etc, and so on.

This went on for about 10 days or so. I finally felt like I was good, and after a week or so, I felt better.

Then it came back out of nowhere and I was super sick in the same exact fashion for close to another two weeks.

Every time I had *insert symptoms here*, they were extreme AF, would only be around for 18-36 hours, completely go away, only to be replaced by something else.

In the end, I had all the symptoms of covid minus the extreme fever - I think the highest I got was like 101 or so. This was early the covid shit, and a nurse friend of mine said people weren't even getting tested unless they had like 103-104, so I was never able to find out for sure.

It was a pain in the dick hole, but went away and I've been fine since.

Stayed home, no extravagant medicine or treatment, and rested - same as you'd do with an extreme flu.

27 days ago
12/14/10

A lot of self diagnosis on here.... 

27 days ago
8/12/19

I tested negative 2 weeks ago - got a z pac and antibiotics for a sinus infection...

then started feeling bad Monday went home from work Tuesday with an awful headache and cough...

tested positive today ... got another z pack and the Trump pills.  Should be good to go soon . 

27 days ago
10/20/13
lifeofjaze -

I tested negative 2 weeks ago - got a z pac and antibiotics for a sinus infection...

then started feeling bad Monday went home from work Tuesday with an awful headache and cough...

tested positive today ... got another z pack and the Trump pills.  Should be good to go soon . 

To late for Trump pills gotta take before getting sick

27 days ago
9/19/13

I smoke high grade reefer daily so my receptor cells are immune.

26 days ago
1/1/01

Had it

26 days ago
7/5/13

I think I had it in Jan. Got tested for the flu but the Doc said it wasn’t the common one. Lasted a week then had a wicked cough for a month and some change. All from the lungs and only when I was laying down. 

26 days ago
7/2/15

I had the sniffles and a low fever and hocked a loogy a couple times back in February. Of course I never got diagnosed or even tested but symptoms don't lie. I definitely had full blown Covid. It's science. 

26 days ago
5/11/08
Andersons'sPiece -
pbody -
Lights Out Lurker -

Who here actually has gone to a doctor and gotten a positive Covid test, not just your own diagnosis....."I had it in February, blah blah" lolol

About three quarters of people I talk to in my city are convinced they had covid. It's weird because weve only had 700ish cases in a city of about 750k people, and never had more than 12 people hospitalized with it at once. 

Those numbers are too low for an American city what country? 

Canada. The locals are currently freaking out and wanting another lockdown because our cases have gone up to 20-30 a day here. 

Absolute insanity.

26 days ago
4/15/14

Haven’t had it. My wife’s cousin had and was stuck on ventilator for a little over three weeks. Wife’s co worker’s husband died from it at 32. My grandmother and all my family in Sacramento got it. Three of them were hospitalized but my grandmother(87) was fine after 2 weeks of pneumonia and high fevers. Definitely a weird virus, on of my uncles who’s 56 had it the worse from all of them. 

26 days ago
7/2/15

Really, though. My wife is an RN and spent three months working a covid unit. We also both have several confirmed exposures not related to her directly treating covid patients. Neither of us have had it and we have multiple negative tests between us. We still take precautions but it feels like if we were ever going to get it, it would have happened by now. 

26 days ago
1/12/07
androb - i died in March

Terrible

At least we know biden has one OG vote confirmed.

26 days ago
4/8/20

Tested positive a few weeks ago on 9/3. I finally got over it near the end of last week though I don’t think my taste/smell is back to 100% yet.

For background, I’m 38 & take blood pressure medication as needed. Healthy & strong otherwise. The BP is genetic, not due to being unhealthy.  

First symptom was feeling tired one day. I didn’t think much of it. I had worked long/hard hours 8 days in a row & thought maybe I was just a little run down. 

Woke up many times that night feeling bad and felt like I had a fever. Woke my wife up twice to ask her to see I felt warm. Both times she growled, roughly felt my face, then said I was fine and to stop waking her up. I knew I had to have a fever and finally got the thermometer. Sure enough, 102.5 degrees. I almost never have fever and was fairly certain I had the virus at that point. 

I planned to get tested the next morning but felt so bad I couldn’t talk myself into driving 30 min to town to get tested. Symptoms at that point were fever, intense sweating/chills. I felt so cold that I didn’t get out from under the covers in bed all day except to maybe take a leak. I could feel my sinuses swelling but nothing too crazy. I did keep noticing a weird smell that I can’t even begin to describe.  My wife drove me to get tested that evening, which was on a Thursday.

Friday was just like Thursday. In bed all day. Hadn’t ate in 48 hours at that point & didn’t want to. 

I felt a little better on Saturday morning. The fever had gone down to around 100. I finally ate & realized I couldn’t taste or smell anything but that weird, indescribable smell. The doctor’s office called that afternoon and confirmed that I had tested positive, but at that point, it was pretty evident I had the virus. They didn’t give me any medication but said I could take Ibuprofen, etc. 

I woke up Sunday feeling expecting to feel a little better like the day before but felt worse. Fever was all but gone, but still felt clammy and was bringing to feel nauseated. I had diarrhea the past few days but no nausea until then.

Sometime around the first of the week, the virus began to feel more respiratory. It felt like my lungs were beginning to get inflamed or something but it wasn’t too intense. The fever was gone though. 

I layed low the next two weeks with mostly just nausea, feeling clammy, & the respiratory thing. I never threw up but also felt like I was close too at any moment. It felt like if I just flexed my abs I would hurl. But I didn’t. 

I coughed but never had the non stop cough you hear about. The few times I did have a good coughing fit, there was a clear liquid that kept coming up. 

A lot of people describe it as a bad flu, which I guess I’d agree with. But unlike the flu, where you generally feel bad a few days and start to feel a bit better each day in a linear progression, the virus was up & down. You’d feel better one day and worse the next. One step forward, one step back. 

26 days ago
4/8/20

I should also add that everyone in my house showed symptoms after I got sick, even though I stayed quarantined in our bedroom watching Cobra Kai & surfing the UG/OG. 

I was the only one actually tested, but believe they had it as well although it was much milder for them than me.

This includes:

the wife

12 year old daughter

11 year old son,

10 year old son

7 month old son

In hindsight, I think I got the virus from my 7 month son. 

26 days ago
11/21/05
NiteProwleR -

I had diarrhea 3 times this yr so yeah prob.

I had diarrhea 3 times today. I envy your intestines. 

26 days ago
5/30/03

For all of you who have had it, please post your height, weight and age

26 days ago
6/12/13
Santros -

Haven’t had it. My wife’s cousin had and was stuck on ventilator for a little over three weeks. Wife’s co worker’s husband died from it at 32. My grandmother and all my family in Sacramento got it. Three of them were hospitalized but my grandmother(87) was fine after 2 weeks of pneumonia and high fevers. Definitely a weird virus, on of my uncles who’s 56 had it the worse from all of them. 

Pretty sure the 32 year old had it the worst

26 days ago
4/8/20
The Maestro -

Height: 6’2”

Weight before virus: 215 lbs

Weight after virus: 200 lbs 

26 days ago
9/8/02
"I think I had it one day"
"Several Months ago I had Chills"
"Back in Feburary, I got sick for a few days"
"My nose was runny last week"

lamest pandemic ever. People don't even know if they have it..."I got the chills and was sore one week."

Sounds like me after a fucking gym work out most days.
26 days ago
7/7/14
Dash RipRock -
The Maestro -

Height: 6’2”

Weight before virus: 215 lbs

Weight after virus: 200 lbs 

I Didn't mention in my post my cough because it was so minimal.  I had one day during my first bout that I coughed about 30 times and each time was clear liquid as well.  Second bout, only 1 day with a cough and it was even less than the first bout, but with the same clear liquid.  

I agree that there was not a linear recovery and more cyclical.

26 days ago
11/24/13

Never tested but I think I had it late January while I was in Asia. Ran a fever, nauseous, shits, and felt like bleh for 2-3 days, slept in and was good to go.