14 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever - 

He is looking at the list around 8:00 minutes.

This makes me want to buy even more BTC. On the other hand, it make me feel good knowing I am one of the very few people in the world with more than 1 BTC
14 days ago
11/10/18

In

14 days ago
1/1/01
EFM - 
BJ Penn Forever -
EFM -
BJ Penn Forever -

Michael Pento thinks the US gov will outlaw all crypto and all exchanges will be shutdown. He thinks bitcoin goes back to sub $100. Said he is all for the facebook currency if its just a centralized thing that can move dollars fast and cheap.

Go to 26:00...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDHGYuUPxVo

Don't agree.

yeah, i feel like if they were going to, they would have by now.

It would be pointless to outlaw it. US citizens would just buy it from people in other countries or buy it in other countries themselves.

Impossible to enforce such law and they know it.

it's not impossible to enforce.  The National Bank Act and The Fair Labor Standards act prevent the issuance of competing paper money, they could easily ban it's use under that act.

enforcement would be tough, but making illegal would certainly curb it's use and completely prevent it from becoming a mainstream currency.

Use might be curbed but if it is headed much higher and does serve as "digital gold" in the future. US money will not be left out.
14 days ago
11/10/18
BJ Penn Forever -

Michael Pento thinks the US gov will outlaw all crypto and all exchanges will be shutdown. He thinks bitcoin goes back to sub $100. Said he is all for the facebook currency if its just a centralized thing that can move dollars fast and cheap.

Go to 26:00...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDHGYuUPxVo

Don't agree.

I absolutely think this will happen. The government wants to eventually use only digital currency and I really believe they started bitcoin as a beta test. Maybe I’m dead wrong and I have zero evidence. I think they’ll do something to get rid of current crypto’s and issue their own. If nothing else, we all know they hate cash and it’s going away sooner rather than later. 

14 days ago
11/16/08

Facebook currency seems scary.  "You're friend just bought____!"   Or maybe they'll just ban you for buying something from a company not liberal enough like Chic-fil-a.

14 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -

Everyone claiming bitcoin is deflationary, a flight from central bank debt, etc... they never address the "what if" of what if the market adopts litecoin, mondero, dash or some other crypto as the prefered one. Bitcoin only has 62% of the market as it is now.

For the people saying bitcoin will go to $100k or even a million bucks... what makes them so confident the market will stick with bitcoin?

The bitcoin maximalists, what makes them so confident bitcoin will be the crypto of the future?

I think people can make a lot of money short term.  If it wasn’t illegal in Hawaii I’d speculate on it and buy gold with my profits.

Long term the government will pull the plug on it eventually.  The Fed has its own coin and they are already talking about having white and black bitcoins.  Basically you register your bitcoins or they become black market coins,  then you are asking for it imo.

Edited: 14 days ago
2/4/03
Eskimo: 1996 paper called 'How-to make a mint' Cryptography
14 days ago
11/10/18
wres157 - Eskimo: 1996 paper called 'How-to make a mint' Cryptography

Thanks, very interesting 

14 days ago
3/2/09
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -

Everyone claiming bitcoin is deflationary, a flight from central bank debt, etc... they never address the "what if" of what if the market adopts litecoin, mondero, dash or some other crypto as the prefered one. Bitcoin only has 62% of the market as it is now.

For the people saying bitcoin will go to $100k or even a million bucks... what makes them so confident the market will stick with bitcoin?

The bitcoin maximalists, what makes them so confident bitcoin will be the crypto of the future?

I think people can make a lot of money short term.  If it wasn’t illegal in Hawaii I’d speculate on it and buy gold with my profits.

Long term the government will pull the plug on it eventually.  The Fed has its own coin and they are already talking about having white and black bitcoins.  Basically you register your bitcoins or they become black market coins,  then you are asking for it imo.

Can you give me a tech breakdown of how they will black and white coins with coin shuffling? 

14 days ago
1/1/01
BlueDream -
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -

Can you give me a tech breakdown of how they will black and white coins with coin shuffling? 

I read an article stating that the theory is if you don’t register your coins they will be considered black market coins and I can guess what the value for those coins will be.  I can see the Feds doing something like this because they will never let a competing currency rival the dollar

14 days ago
3/2/09
Tim Duncan -
BlueDream -
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -

I read an article stating that the theory is if you don’t register your coins they will be considered black market coins and I can guess what the value for those coins will be.  I can see the Feds doing something like this because they will never let a competing currency rival the dollar

I don't think you understood the question.  When everyone's coins have been mixed there is noway to register your coins. 

14 days ago
3/2/09

Also there is no from address when you recieve bitcoin.   

13 days ago
1/1/01

13 days ago
11/16/08
BJ Penn Forever -

Sounds more like he changed his mind rather than lied.

8 days ago
1/1/01
I No Kung Foo -
BJ Penn Forever -

Sounds more like he changed his mind rather than lied.

I doubt that.

8 days ago
1/1/01