QUICK CHICKEN PICKUP
- It's like KFC but all made from scratch. What you hope you would get every time you get fried chicken. Totally gourmet.
- operated in a different city for 2 years, took a year off, re-opened at current location
- operated at this location for 8 months, closed for 5 months due to flood, reopened for 6 months, covid
- I am now a "ghost kitchen" and accept orders ONLY on Skip the Dishes.
- I did that because: it lets me work alone and staffing is a huge problem; when covid hit, my average individual sale went from $13 to $45 so I dropped the smaller items (no three-piece-and-soda); the government allowed alcohol delivery because of covid; the "Top Placement" promotion with Skip the Dishes gave great results in the past so I hoped to get the same again
- There is an exisiting market for fried chicken and I need only a piece of it
- I match the competitors on location (Skip the Dishes) and price (mine are too low)
- From meeting every customer personally, I can tell you there is a general displeasure with the other players even if people keep going back
- I beat the competitors on quality and therefore value, service, and by any other measure
- over the last 2 months I have spent about $3500 on FB ads and "Top Listing" on Skip
Tonight I had *****ONE FUCKING SALE*****.
What the fuck?
Have I just not spent enough on promo? I am perplexed. Seriously. 99% 'people are blown away, and those who are not I attend personally to make it right. People love me personally. No barriers to ordering. Exisiting market with weak players.
Someone here who had found success offered to advise me. I could not find the thread where he did so, nor could I remember the name. Hopefully he (or she or they) shows up here.
Basically throwing this out there from pure frustration.
Like how can a place serve awesome food with awsome service for almost 3 years now (on and off) + my other location, and make ONE FUCKING SALE?