OtherGround Forums Will Coronavirus hurt our economy?

2 days ago
2/9/09

Considering importing/exporting has to be at a halt and China has a huge influance on the economy and stock market..

Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01

The shortage of inport/export will hurt..but with their cities on lockdown, their lack of consumption in China itself will cause many problems when these cities open again.  Expect commodities to skyrocket.  

2 days ago
4/17/13

I think that was part of the plan. HK protestors, USA trade "deal", BOOM both cancelled.

2 days ago
4/12/04

I think it is time to find alternatives to China to do business with

2 days ago
11/19/19

Already affecting it.

2 days ago
1/8/12

They are a big part of the supply chain for almost everything involving electronics. 

2 days ago
11/21/15

We get the majority of our prescription drugs from them.

2 days ago
1/23/19

I can't get a Sony back button for the life of me. 

2 days ago
1/1/01

The fact that it has barely affected the stock market makes no sense.  It should be smashing oil prices and any business coming out of or depending on China.  Apple announced a 10% cutback in iphones because of the virus yet the stock is up.  Airlines should be gettin slaughtered by they are not.   There is speculation central banks are propping up the markets to prevent panic.

2 days ago
1/1/01

^^^ Give it time. It hasn't even been a month yet.

2 days ago
1/1/01

There will absolutely be affects to our economy 

2 days ago
5/22/05
Soup and Beer - 

The fact that it has barely affected the stock market makes no sense.  It should be smashing oil prices and any business coming out of or depending on China.  Apple announced a 10% cutback in iphones because of the virus yet the stock is up.  Airlines should be gettin slaughtered by they are not.   There is speculation central banks are propping up the markets to prevent panic.

There's a theory that stock market is pricing in it getting bad enough that fed etc. will step in.