OtherGround Forums Woman starved to death in solitary

4 days ago
12/2/05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFQDsUlD3s?feature=oembed

4 days ago
12/22/10

Why is her husband speaking spanish on the call to 911? 

4 days ago
12/22/18

You can easily go weeks without eating.

4 days ago
8/13/02
Black Doug -

That's definitely what we should focus on in this case.

4 days ago
6/13/03

Jesus, she died from the keto diet

4 days ago
12/2/05
Black Doug - 

Why is that important at all?

4 days ago
3/19/04

What region is the 911 caller's Spanish likely from?

Edited: 4 days ago
1/25/04

She had diabetes and was bi-polar. 

This means she should have been in a hospital receiving various medication, not in solitary confinement in jail. 

4 days ago
6/13/03
Canooke -

What region is the 911 caller's Spanish likely from?

California

4 days ago
12/17/06
Jack Carter - 

This means she should have been in a hospital receiving various medication, not in solitary confinement in jail. 

Yeah. This sounds exactly right. It was a call about a mental breakdown.

That shit should lead to a 5150. 72 hour hold. If there are charges after the docs clear em, then arrest em.

Unfortunately it seems our entire system and former norm of putting the mentally ill in hospitals is becoming a thing of the past.

4 days ago
5/13/11
Jack Carter -

Bingo. The husband used a translator to call 911 saying there was no crime, and that his wife needed to go to a hospital. 

Cops show up 1st. They don't wait for EMS and just ship her off to jail. Likely because they were lazy and didn't want to deal with the paperwork of treating her properly at a hospital. 

The officers on the scene, and the officers in that jail.have her death on their hands. Very fucked up case from what I've read. 

4 days ago
6/13/03
Altofsky -
Jack Carter - 

That shit should lead to a 5150. 72 hour hold. If there are charges after the docs clear em, then arrest em.

Unfortunately it seems our entire system and former norm of putting the mentally ill in hospitals is becoming a thing of the past.

The caller was talking about her beating him so I doubt the law enforcement could ignore the domestic abuse aspect of it.

4 days ago
1/14/16
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Jack Carter -

Bingo. The husband used a translator to call 911 saying there was no crime, and that his wife needed to go to a hospital. 

Cops show up 1st. They don't wait for EMS and just ship her off to jail. Likely because they were lazy and didn't want to deal with the paperwork of treating her properly at a hospital. 

The officers on the scene, and the officers in that jail.have her death on their hands. Very fucked up case from what I've read. 

Them going to the hospital is WAY less paperwork than  jail, fyi.

You speaking so authoritatively about subjects you are very ignorant about is why nobody takes your opinions seriously. I think it's weird that this needs explaining.

4 days ago
12/22/10
Pustak -
Black Doug -

That's definitely what we should focus on in this case.

I'm glad you agree. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I doubt she starved to death. The diabeetus probably got her. 

4 days ago
6/13/03
DaveFu -

4 days ago
12/22/10
Fake Pie -
Black Doug - 

Why is that important at all?

Because reasons. 

4 days ago
12/17/06
Sogsteel - 
Altofsky -
Jack Carter - 

The caller was talking about her beating him so I doubt the law enforcement could ignore the domestic abuse aspect of it.

"Female hysteria"

4 days ago
3/19/04
Sogsteel - 
DaveFu -

lol @ Wilfordbrimley-a-pus!

4 days ago
5/15/15
Fake Pie -

Bitch died of a low BS which is bs in general.

4 days ago
5/15/15
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Jack Carter -

Yeah as type 1 diabetic who this has actually happened to before your wrong bud.Cops will ask if you want to go to ER or wait till the Emt's arrive to check you out or just to make sure your ok, here's your glucose tablets and fuck off. Yeah if the bitch had a BS of 30 or lower she'd be unconscious dawgy, she's just a loon.

4 days ago
6/13/03
Altofsky -
Sogsteel - 
Altofsky -
Jack Carter - 

"Female hysteria"

I dont think it works like that here in Ca (which it appears to be from). If there are signs of domestic battery, sombody is being put in cuffs.

4 days ago
12/2/05
Chael_McD -
Fake Pie -

Well she died in custody. Something went wrong, no? 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Well to be fair, it only take a woman about 12 hours to starve to death.

4 days ago
5/15/15
Fake Pie -
Chael_McD -
Fake Pie -

Well she died in custody. Something went wrong, no? 

I'm not arguing with you, this could have been prevented if she had her bracelet on plain and simple husband's fault.