OtherGround Forums World Cups in Two (or More) Sports?

9 days ago
4/20/02

According to Wikipedia, Clare Taylor "was the first woman to have played on a World Cup team in both cricket and football. She represented England at both cricket, as a member of the winning World Cup cricket team in 1993, and football (World Cup 1995)."

If she was the first that implies other women have since done that. And if she was the first woman that implies men nave done it.

Who else has competed in World Cups in at least two sports, and it can be any two sports, not just cricket and soccer?

9 days ago
11/3/12

i didnt know womens cricket was even around back then

9 days ago
8/2/16

Theres a few rugby players that have played in both League and Union world cups. Sonny Bill Williams for New Zealand and Jason Robinson for England are two off the top of my head.

8 days ago
10/6/15

Didn't Deion Sanders play in both the World Series and Super Bowl?

8 days ago
4/20/02
stookartz -

Not to detract from her accomplishment, but I wonder how deep the talent pool for women was in either of those sports then. 

8 days ago
11/3/12
oblongo -
stookartz -

Not to detract from her accomplishment, but I wonder how deep the talent pool for women was in either of those sports then. 

well considering its not deep now some under 14/16 boys have more talent than the women representing their countries now im guessing back then it was alot worse