OtherGround Forums World War Z And Other Games Free On Epic Now

14 days ago
8/12/16

Ends April 02.  Every two weeks Epic gives away 2 to 3 games away for free with no strings attached.  They are doing it in an effort to build there userbase, which should lead to future purchases.  

Right now there is WWZ plus two smaller independent games, which I usually DL simply because they are free and they could come in handy one day if my kid ever decides she wants to play too since at least some of them are kid appropriate. 

So far I have 19 games in my library for which I have paid a total of $2 for.

Some games I picked up for free are: 

Borderlands 3 (Free with a hardware purchase)

The Outer Worlds (Fee with a hardware purchase)

Watch Dogs (I will make you cry in free roam)

Kingdome come deliverance (Loving it)

Assasin's Creed: Syndicate

Off World Trading Company

And some other smaller titles.

You can pick up a major AAA every once in a while.  Just thought I would share the info in case someone isn't aware.

My gaming tag on steam and epic is Dashabox if anyone wants to add me.

14 days ago
8/12/16

TTT

14 days ago
1/1/01
WWZ is a blast, for anyone who is on the fence. Very, very reminiscent of Left 4 Dead. It's fun even by yourself, but it *shines* when you can play 4 guys at once together against zombie hordes.
14 days ago
4/24/07

ALWAYS get the crossbow. 

14 days ago
7/21/09

Can you download to an iPhone??

14 days ago
8/12/16
None So Blind - WWZ is a blast, for anyone who is on the fence. Very, very reminiscent of Left 4 Dead. It's fun even by yourself, but it *shines* when you can play 4 guys at once together against zombie hordes.

I havent played it yet as I just took it today.  Do they scale down difficulty for a single player?

14 days ago
8/12/16
Gomrad -

No clue but it is a large game file.  Was designed to exploit next gen pc tech so not sure a phone could run.....oh wait, are you referring to the Epic games launcher? (Dur)

14 days ago
7/21/09
Dashabox -
Gomrad -

No clue but it is a large game file.  Was designed to exploit next gen pc tech so not sure a phone could run.....oh wait, are you referring to the Epic games launcher? (Dur)

I was trying to download the free Worls War Z game to phone but it couldn’t 

Thanks for info though 

14 days ago
9/13/19
Thanks Dashabox! What are the other two free titles? Not seeing them right off hand. Any way to just go to a page that has all the free ones? Thanks!!!
14 days ago
7/12/03

Thanks

14 days ago
7/12/03
PwnedCakes - Thanks Dashabox! What are the other two free titles? Not seeing them right off hand. Any way to just go to a page that has all the free ones? Thanks!!!

Just scroll down the home page and the free games are there plus the upcoming ones.

14 days ago
9/13/19
Ah I see it now, thanks a ton nofx! I will be checking that page regularly, not into shooters or those other free ones, but I will get some evenutally! Thanks nofx and dashabox!!!
14 days ago
8/12/16
Gomrad -
Dashabox -
Gomrad -

I was trying to download the free Worls War Z game to phone but it couldn’t 

Thanks for info though 

Yeah I don't think the game would run on a phone, unless you streamed from the cloud to your phone.  

Edited: 14 days ago
8/12/16
PwnedCakes - Thanks Dashabox! What are the other two free titles? Not seeing them right off hand. Any way to just go to a page that has all the free ones? Thanks!!!

No problem brother, did you get yourself a copy?

The other two games atm are "Figment" and "Tormentor X Punisher".  Just small indie titles.  You should find them on the homepage.

Yeah there is a "Free game page" but most of those are basically the pay to play type iirc.  The ones I am talking about are full single player games.

EDIT: "Pay to play" I'm an idiot.  I mean to say that they have micro-transactions and are based around selling you shit in the game for real world money.

14 days ago
8/12/16
nofx -

Just scroll down the home page and the free games are there plus the upcoming ones.

This,

14 days ago
4/6/05

Anyway to get on Xbox 360 or pc only?

14 days ago
8/12/16
PwnedCakes - Ah I see it now, thanks a ton nofx! I will be checking that page regularly, not into shooters or those other free ones, but I will get some evenutally! Thanks nofx and dashabox!!!

No problem brother, just remember the offer a new selection of free games every two weeks.  April 02 is the next switch over.  

14 days ago
8/12/16
Pacinko -

Anyway to get on Xbox 360 or pc only?

Don't quote me on this but I believe there is cross-play with Epic and the XBox store.  

Not sure if that would work on the 360 though, I'd look it up first.