OtherGround Forums Would lynching be excessive?

11 days ago
2/11/14

I’ll give a snippet of the article:

The 30-second video posted on Facebook shows one of the teens, dressed in camo and wearing an orange hat, kicking the deer in the face multiple times as the other teen laughs. The deer appears to have already been shot and wounded and is leaning up against a tree. One of the teens is standing near the deer’s back legs, possibly holding the animal down.

As the deer struggles to get away, one of the teens tells the other to put on a glove and “grab his horn and pull him away from that tree.” He warns his friend to watch out because the deer might try to “stab” him.

A second video shows more of what happened:

The teen can be seen grabbing the deer’s antlers and then kicking him in the face again while his friend steps on his neck. The teen holding the deer by the antlers begins stomping repeatedly on the deer’s head, causing it to bleed. 

He then tells the deer, “stay the f*ck down,” as the video ends.

11 days ago
2/11/14

Here’s the article, you may be able to see the video, but I suggest you don’t. 

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/12/cody-hetrick-alex-smith/amp/

11 days ago
5/31/07
Lynching the deer would be more humane than beating it to death I guess. Kind of weird direction for you to take it though honestly.
11 days ago
5/24/17

You lynch black deer , I kid. 

Edited: 11 days ago
3/19/04

A lynching would be excessive, but I'd support a good public caning.

11 days ago
2/11/14
ptper - Lynching the deer would be more humane than beating it to death I guess. Kind of weird direction for you to take it though honestly.

Lol. According to texts, these douchebags tried to justify it by saying they went hunting without a knife, you think they would have had rope on them?

11 days ago
2/1/08
Those pasty punks will get off easy, I truly hope the vid goes viral and ruins their lives to the point they "lynch" themselves.
11 days ago
2/11/14
Altair - Those pasty punks will get off easy, I truly hope the vid goes viral and ruins their lives to the point they "lynch" themselves.

I hope you’re wrong, Alex’s stepdad is chief of police here but the borough has nothing to do with it. The two game commissioners for the area are kinda dicks (or so I’ve heard, never had an altercation with one) so hopefully they make an example of these two brats. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

Depends on if they were beating it for food.

11 days ago
1/1/01

I have not seen the video and after reading comments about it (here and elsewhere - it's all over social media) I have no desire to watch it.  I have no problem with most hunting, but I do think a hunter should respect the animals they hunt.  Only take a kill shot, never shoot to wound.  But if you do wound the animal, dispatch it as quickly and efficiently as possible.  

11 days ago
10/15/13
Trust -

I have not seen the video and after reading comments about it (here and elsewhere - it's all over social media) I have no desire to watch it.  I have no problem with most hunting, but I do think a hunter should respect the animals they hunt.  Only take a kill shot, never shoot to wound.  But if you do wound the animal, dispatch it as quickly and efficiently as possible.  

This.

These kids should not be issued licences for hunting for a few years. Maybe community service working with the game wardens as well. 

11 days ago
8/7/19
Cruelty to animals is psychopathic. These boys should be arrested, given a serious beating, get into treatment, and then never be allowed a hunting license the rest of their lives...then given another serious beating.

Le Shat
©
11 days ago
1/1/01

Wow, it gets worse.  The mother of one of the kids responded on social media and said what they did was wrong, but "no different than possum or cat stomping"

11 days ago
11/19/08

Didn’t a federal bill just get signed making animal cruelty a felony?

11 days ago
10/15/13
Trust -

Wow, it gets worse.  The mother of one of the kids responded on social media and said what they did was wrong, but "no different than possum or cat stomping"

Cat stomping eh? They seem like normal, well civilized people

11 days ago
2/11/14
Trust -

Did it say which mother? 

11 days ago
4/3/08

Shitty thing to do. 

11 days ago
8/18/13

I never get why we seem to care more about animals that humans.. Kids do this to each other daily and it gets regarded as bullying. Do it to a deer though, and fuck me, out come the nooses

Its a disgusting and shitty thing to do. No, it shouldn’t result in a human being being sentenced to death, or even incarcerated. A 10k fine and 1000 hours community service would do the job 

11 days ago
10/25/06
Dreville79 - 

I never get why we seem to care more about animals that humans.. Kids do this to each other daily and it gets regarded as bullying. Do it to a deer though, and fuck me, out come the nooses

Its a disgusting and shitty thing to do. No, it shouldn’t result in a human being being sentenced to death, or even incarcerated. A 10k fine and 1000 hours community service would do the job 

That's because some fucking people are assholes and deserve it. Deer are innocent and do not.

They should lose all rights to hunting and owning weapons forever.
11 days ago
10/15/13
Dreville79 -

When's the last time you read a story of a bunch of kids shooting another kid, then holding the kid down, and beating him and head kicking him till he's dead?  

AND THEN the comments were all "Well, thats just kids being bullies"

Seriously?

11 days ago
2/5/06
The hunting community here is calling for harsh punishment

There were other videos of them torturing other small animals as well, I think that makes their "we didn't have a knife" argument pretty easily dismissed, along with the videoing and laughing ......they did this on purpose.
11 days ago
1/15/07
Canooke -

Probably not, but I’d support a good public caning.

This, like in those Indonesia instructionals.

11 days ago
10/24/14

They should be savagely beaten and put in prison 

11 days ago
1/1/01
Wylong06 - 
Trust -

Did it say which mother? 

Patty Smith

11 days ago
6/4/16
Trust -

Maybe she's just a big monty python fan.