OtherGround Forums Wrangler jeans now getting boycotted lol...

5/23/19 9:25 AM
3/13/17

Wrangler’s collab with rapper Lil Nas X gets boycotted by country fans

For those who didn’t know, country fans take their jeans seriously — very seriously.

Case in point: The company, Wrangler, came under fire this week after launching a denim collaborationwith rapper Lil Nas X, which is inspired by his hit song, “Old Town Road.”

Fans have started boycotting the American manufacturer, claiming “true cowboys” would never wear the new duds — or listen to Lil Nas X.

“This is how you lose customers,” wrote one person on Instagram.

“Went from cowboys to rappers,” another said.

Those who support the collab have called the outrage “racist” — with some social media users saying it’s only coming from “white people” and “rednecks.”

“You ppl are talking as if wrangler only make clothes for the ones who live that ‘cowboy’ lifestyle, grow tf up! there’s money to be made out here,” wrote one IG user.

“Thankyou for branching out with something different with your Wrangler Jeans line,” another person said on Twitter. “White folks don’t know the company that that owns Wrangler, owns alot of other clothing lines that black folks wear. P.S, black folks wear wranglers.”

Many people were sharing the angry posts on Wednesday in an attempt to gain support for Wrangler.

“WRANGLER JUST PARTNERED WITH LIL NAS X AND THE RACIST ARE MAD [sic],” tweeted user @tylerujazy, along with a photo showing some of the posts. “GO BUY UP ALL THE WRANGLER LIL NAS X COLLAB JEANS YOU CAN PEOPLE SUPPORT DIVERSITY.”

The new Wranglers — which are adorned with the lyrics “Wrangler on my booty” from “Old Town Road” — are currently available on the company’s website. The clothing giant now joins Levi, which got boycotted last year due to its stance on gun control, on the list of jean manufacturers to come under fire on social media.

“I’m SICK,” seethed one IG user. “I went all Wrangler when Levi went anti gun because wrangler was the true Cowboy brand… but of course they can’t stay true to their consumers and try to appease totally different audience that had to google what wrangler was…”

User @thomasoftheyear said, “If you have any sense, you’ll stop production and burn what’s left…I don’t buy anything made by Levi’s after their gun control stance. I’ll stop buying Wranglers just as quick for this nonsense.”

Wrangler did not immediately respond to requests for comment Wednesday, but the company did offer a statement online saying: “Since 1947, we’ve offered jeans for a variety of wearers and occasions. Our western heritage and offering quality product for all wearers will always be the very heart of the brand.

5/23/19 9:25 AM
12/16/11

God bless 2019, where a few retards on Instagram represent millions. 

5/23/19 9:28 AM
1/2/15

I see the right becoming sensitive wussies in about 5 years. It's already happening little by little 

5/23/19 9:30 AM
7/26/07
No Black guy gonna wear my cowboy jeans!

-Wrangler "fans?"
5/23/19 9:30 AM
3/13/17
Junnk - 

I see the right becoming sensitive wussies in about 5 years. It's already happening little by little 

Becoming???

LOL. The "right" are some of the most sensitive, fragile beings on the planet. Taking cues from their new lord and saviour.

5/23/19 9:33 AM
12/16/11
Pedro Navaja -
Junnk - 

Becoming???

LOL. The "right" are some of the most sensitive, fragile beings on the planet. Taking cues from their new lord and saviour.

"When you wish upon a star"....Lol

5/23/19 9:35 AM
7/26/07
Now what are Cowboy LARPers going to wear?
5/23/19 9:36 AM
1/2/15
Pedro Navaja -
Junnk - 

Becoming???

Yeah, it's the right who can't accept the results of an election....

It's the right who needs safe spaces in colleges?

It's the right who wants to shut down speech from the other side?  

The left is about 1000x more whiny at the moment. Only a dem partisan hack will deny it 

5/23/19 9:37 AM
8/8/18

Haha "true cowboys" I wonder how many of these people are actually "cowboys"? 

5/23/19 9:37 AM
6/3/03

Didn’t even realize Wrangler jeans were still a thing. 

5/23/19 9:38 AM
4/17/06
Junnk -

Seems to me the people you're talking about aren't online arguing about politics. They're running their businesses, leading their families, building their wealth....doing things.

5/23/19 9:38 AM
7/26/07
Nitecrawler - 

Growing up Wrangler jeans sucked

Like, you were made fun of if you wore Wranglers in highschool
5/23/19 9:39 AM
8/8/18

Wrangler should make a new slogan after this "uproar"

"can't nobody tell me nothing"

5/23/19 9:40 AM
12/16/11
Chimonos Revenge -
Nitecrawler - 

Its everywhere now, unless you were a boxer Champion used to mean you couldn't afford Nike now its trendy.

5/23/19 9:41 AM
7/26/07
Everyone knows that back in the old west, if a true cowboy saw a black guy wearing wrangler jeans, the first thing he would do is run to the telegraph office and voice his displeasure to whoever would listen
5/23/19 9:43 AM
12/16/11
Chimonos Revenge - Everyone knows that back in the old west, if a true cowboy saw a black guy wearing wrangler jeans, the first thing he would do is run to the telegraph office and voice his displeasure to whoever would listen

Its all cowboys think about probably. 

5/23/19 9:45 AM
7/26/07
Joshinho - 

Probably about 0.000001 %

They think listening to Luke Bryant and being an unashamed racist makes them a cowboy i guess.
5/23/19 9:47 AM
6/30/14
Chimonos Revenge - 
Nitecrawler - 

there are two kinds of wranglers

the cheap ones at walmart. those are probably the ones you saw growing up

the cowboy ones, with the tag on the rear pocket, are the ones lil nas X is wearing
5/23/19 9:49 AM
6/27/09
Joshinho -

Buncha Rhinestone cowboys

5/23/19 10:08 AM
12/2/02
Junnk - 

I'm considered 'right', and I couldn't possibly care any less about this.

Remember, all you ever hear are the loudest retards on both sides.

Raise your words, not your voice

Flowers grow from rain, not from Thunder

- Rumi

5/23/19 10:11 AM
1/3/18
Pedro Navaja -
Junnk - 

Becoming???

Oh look, the cum vampire finally stopped long enough to make a useless post. 

5/23/19 10:14 AM
1/12/11

I love how there were a few tweets about this and suddenly half the white population is racist and is boycotting Wrangler. 

It is what these people live for. 100 posts and 99 of them are pro or neutral and 1 is negative. Oh look at that one negative post. 

WHITE PEOPLE PROTESTING WRANGLER FOR WORKING WITH BLACK MAN!

Or, and you might understand it better this way, some people think this is cultural appropriation (thought maybe you would understand it that way) or that Lil Nas X who has no history with country music and only made this song as part of a yee haw challenge, is making fun of the genre and that is why they are not accepting of it. Nope, can't be that, has to be racism. Because whenever somebody doesn't like something someone black does, it is because they are racist. Duh. 

5/23/19 10:19 AM
8/17/11

I wear the $20 wranglers every day at work. They are confortable, durable, and if something happens to them they are only $20. I will keep wearing them to piss off the white devils. 

5/23/19 10:20 AM
1/1/01
Chimonos Revenge - Now what are Cowboy LARPers going to wear?

perhaps you can help fill that void with your vast collection of underoos,

5/23/19 10:22 AM
2/4/06

I thought the The lit black dudes like to wear jeans made by sodomite Italian designers. Since most hip hop black guys are bati boys.