OtherGround Forums Wtf has happened to Tinder?

9/15/19 6:30 AM
1/7/14

So I just got out of a relationship that I was in basically since the start of the year, prior to that I was backpacking overseas for the better part of 2 years, so it's been a minute since I've used Tinder in my own country (Australia). I decided to download it just to see if I still got it at 30 years old, I had it for a week and the results were... interesting to say the least.

I admit, I generally just powerswiped for the most part and hoped for the best. By the end of the week I had 100 matches, of those I'd say about 20 were girls I would consider attractive and would pursue in real life ,  another 20 were pretty plain looking girls and the remaining were a dumpster fire of landwhales, ugly chicks and single mothers.

I'd consider myself average to maybe a bit above average on a good day, I might be guilty of wearing rose tinted glasses but I recall the quality of matches back in the day to be much higher than now. is this the outlook for the average Joe these days = brandishing the harpoons and landing some whales?

9/15/19 6:34 AM
2/2/08
Do you live in a very fat region of the USA?
Edited: 9/15/19 6:41 AM
1/1/01

I've never used Tinder but are you saying you swiped to indicated you liked a bunch of women even when you didn't and they also indicated they liked you and you are complaining that you matched with 20 attractive women?

9/15/19 6:42 AM
1/13/11

I just moved Liverpool and it's terrible here, I managed to get really lucky and find a good looking girl who just wants to fuck fuck fuck, but other than that it's been all very unattractive girls. When I was in Australia it was great in the Gold Coast. Brazilian after Brazilian. 

9/15/19 7:00 AM
8/28/17

Did you put pics of your truck, shirtless selfie and of the 10 lbs bass you caught? If not gtfo 

9/15/19 7:05 AM
3/25/19
PaynanDiaz -

Did you put pics of your truck, shirtless selfie and of the 10 lbs bass you caught? If not gtfo 

This is the only answer. 

If you don't do tinder right, don't expect it to work right.

9/15/19 7:16 AM
2/3/10

Try grinder, tinder is dead

9/15/19 9:33 AM
5/11/08
bennyt89 -

So I just got out of a relationship that I was in basically since the start of the year, prior to that I was backpacking overseas for the better part of 2 years, so it's been a minute since I've used Tinder in my own country (Australia). I decided to download it just to see if I still got it at 30 years old, I had it for a week and the results were... interesting to say the least.

I admit, I generally just powerswiped for the most part and hoped for the best. By the end of the week I had 100 matches, of those I'd say about 20 were girls I would consider attractive and would pursue in real life ,  another 20 were pretty plain looking girls and the remaining were a dumpster fire of landwhales, ugly chicks and single mothers.

I'd consider myself average to maybe a bit above average on a good day, I might be guilty of wearing rose tinted glasses but I recall the quality of matches back in the day to be much higher than now. is this the outlook for the average Joe these days = brandishing the harpoons and landing some whales?

Powerswiping instead of swiping selectively affects the internal rating you're given by the Tinder algorithm, which then affects the types of women you see on the app. 

9/15/19 10:54 AM
4/27/07

Try POF

9/15/19 10:56 AM
12/26/05
pbody -
bennyt89 -

Powerswiping instead of swiping selectively affects the internal rating you're given by the Tinder algorithm, which then affects the types of women you see on the app. 

Then it should be called hog-swiping.

9/15/19 11:50 AM
8/23/11
bennyt89 -

The party is over bro :(

girls used to think it was cool to swipe and match... but now tinder is become the new Facebook. It’s just not cool for really hot broads to be on there anymore. The really hot ones that used to go onlooking to fuck have now moved on to seeking arrangements.  

It has now gone from socially acceptable to sleep around (tinder) to become a sugar baby. Same thing just getting paid to do it 

9/15/19 11:52 AM
11/14/11

floppy fucked up their algorithm.

9/15/19 11:53 AM
8/23/11
pbody -
bennyt89 -

This is also true 

if you really want the secret... pay for tinder gold.

it allows you to change your location 

I set mine in Colombia - Moscow etc. I get swiped on by super hot girls (mostly pros) and get my tinder profile rating up 

then change it back to my city and start getting better quality matches 

9/15/19 12:00 PM
7/10/02
I never found the quality of women on dating sites to be high. The difference is their pretentious attitudes, egos, have inflated a bit. Normal as they get so much attention.

But it's to get laid. Not necessarily to find high quality women - though I have found a precious few over years. Real life is where it's at for beautiful gals that are not endless validation seekers.

Lately I've been banging old 4-5s... and damn, pussy feels good LOL

I'm way more active in real life, having a campus near me and those college gals are hot. I'm obsessed at banging some and I will. And what's nice is that the few feminists on campus (a lot less than I anticipated) now openly identify themselves with their stupid short green hair and permanent frowns which help filter them out in a second! Most of them are gorgeous! Of course their youth helps a lot but still, feminine, fit, long hair, positive attitude, mmmmmmmm

In the mean time, I've no qualms banging fun but 4-5s gals, even old ones. Pussy just feels right. Such a waste of time at times. Just dumb chit chat, repetitious, and too many pretentious arrogant or scared women... then you hit one in the right mood and it's sex in under 1 hour of starting the chat LOL Crazy how it works. I can go 10+ days without anything then have 2-3 lined up.

Last night I just when from chat to fuck and it was fuuuuunnn. Barely a 5, in her 40s, but straight to her room from the first second, 100% cuddling and sex. And for some reason, my dick just wouldn't die down LOL I fucked her for hours and she's in heaven. I can last a looooong time but I'm usually NOT a "multiple shot of goal" dude. Yesterday it was crazy.
9/15/19 12:00 PM
1/1/01
What happened to the og there used be rules and people respected them....pictures mother fucker, pictures
9/15/19 12:07 PM
5/30/03

What's a powerswipe and how does it affect the algorithm 

9/15/19 12:42 PM
5/18/11

Tinder is weird ive moved around the last few years for work, you get tons of likes to start then the likes tale off into nothing, pretty sure they meter your porfile unless you pay.

9/15/19 12:45 PM
1/1/01

Why are you complaining?

Those are better stats than 99% of the OG

9/15/19 1:06 PM
7/15/02

I haven’t been single in like a decade. But in 2008ish I’d spend the night out getting drinks and walking up to girls trying to pick them up. 20 phone numbers in a night would be god like and I could do it by swiping while playing xbox. 

Kids these days....

9/15/19 5:14 PM
1/23/11

9/15/19 6:15 PM
8/20/15
forumnewb - Do you live in a very fat region of the USA?

Reading. How does it work?

Edited: 9/15/19 6:41 PM
2/12/14

Been on bumble and tinder, not very impressed. The girls that I could hook up with are 4's and 5's and are the types that I may bang if it is 3am and am drunk and horny. For me to actually call these girls and meet up with them, I rather not. For now I will stick to seeking arrangments and fucking hot young girls for money. I online dated many years ago and it seemed like taking candy from a baby back than, doesn't seem like the case anymore.

9/15/19 8:08 PM
2/20/09
Sprawl'n'Stall - I never found the quality of women on dating sites to be high. The difference is their pretentious attitudes, egos, have inflated a bit. Normal as they get so much attention.

But it's to get laid. Not necessarily to find high quality women - though I have found a precious few over years. Real life is where it's at for beautiful gals that are not endless validation seekers.

Lately I've been banging old 4-5s... and damn, pussy feels good LOL

I'm way more active in real life, having a campus near me and those college gals are hot. I'm obsessed at banging some and I will. And what's nice is that the few feminists on campus (a lot less than I anticipated) now openly identify themselves with their stupid short green hair and permanent frowns which help filter them out in a second! Most of them are gorgeous! Of course their youth helps a lot but still, feminine, fit, long hair, positive attitude, mmmmmmmm

In the mean time, I've no qualms banging fun but 4-5s gals, even old ones. Pussy just feels right. Such a waste of time at times. Just dumb chit chat, repetitious, and too many pretentious arrogant or scared women... then you hit one in the right mood and it's sex in under 1 hour of starting the chat LOL Crazy how it works. I can go 10+ days without anything then have 2-3 lined up.

Last night I just when from chat to fuck and it was fuuuuunnn. Barely a 5, in her 40s, but straight to her room from the first second, 100% cuddling and sex. And for some reason, my dick just wouldn't die down LOL I fucked her for hours and she's in heaven. I can last a looooong time but I'm usually NOT a "multiple shot of goal" dude. Yesterday it was crazy.

This nigga knows.

I’ll take a willing and fun 4 over a high maintenance, exhausting 9 any day of the week.

I’m a busy man and if I ain’t marrying a bitch, I ain’t got time for stupid shit.

Sure, an easy, slutty, fun 10?  Yes please.  But while I’m wishing for shit I’m not gonna get, I wish I had a pony.

9/15/19 8:47 PM
1/1/01
ttt
9/15/19 9:12 PM
8/19/06
3t interesting World
Feeling safe posting after TheKidAintMine.