OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 902,716

5 days ago
5/14/10
^ until today when they revealed that from the start they were bullshit.
5 days ago
11/20/09
Cire - 
jimmy23 -

This has been a very useful thread OP. It's weird to look at the first post... Then jump to the last.

Please keep doing your thing here

That is exactly why I made it.  It is really interesting to see it develop.  

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

Currently Infected Patients

362,422 (95%)

in Mild Condition

19,506 (5%)

Serious or Critical

Cire, in your opinion since you have followed this closely from the beginning, how do you feel about everything?

The recoveries seem to be going well.  I am curious if you are more worried about the virus and deaths and other affects or more worried about millions being out of work and whatnot.  No wrong opinion, I'm just curious.  Myself, I go back and forth depending on what thread and info I read.  

5 days ago
6/11/10

5 days ago
6/11/10

Just to see a glimpse of just the last 2 weeks^^

5 days ago
2/4/06

Commies love that free economies are tanking. Lives are just propoganda tools 

Edited: 4 days ago
6/11/10
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

If this keeps going at the rate it has been, which it hypothetically shouldn’t based on the precautionary measures put in place, in another 3 weeks we could see close to or over 200K dead. And in a month, over 400k dead, with over 8 million cases worldwide. Hopefully this things been slowed down by now.and we will start to see these numbers slow down.

4 days ago
10/11/18

Why doesn't OP have WAY MORE VU's? VU OP!

4 days ago
6/1/07
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva - 
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

If this keeps going at the rate it has been, which it hypothetically shouldn’t based on the precautionary measures put in place, in another 3 weeks we could see close to or over 200K dead. And in a month, over 400k dead, with over 8 million cases worldwide. Hopefully this things been slowed down by now.and we will start to see these numbers slow down.

... and in another year

WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!!!!
4 days ago
12/9/13
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

its going down in New York, numbers are skyrocketing and Hospitals are overrun

4 days ago
11/20/09

4 days ago
6/11/10
Steve4192 -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva - 
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

... and in another year

That’s not true. The majority are still recovering although at a much slower rate. But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s exponentially growing and still looks pretty grim for a lot of people.

4 days ago
4/27/14
Steve4192 - 
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva - 
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

... and in another year

And the worst part is...we can't even eat the fuckin' dead!

4 days ago
9/13/11

The numbers of healthcare workers dying in Italy is sad, up to or nearly 50 in total. 

4 days ago
6/1/07
RepsOne - 

The numbers of healthcare workers dying in Italy is sad, up to or nearly 50 in total. 

I think this guy's theory on what happened in Italy is spot on. He thinks it got into the medical system very early in the process, and that is why there are so many deaths and so many infected health workers. They were spreading it among themselves before they even recognized it as a problem.

(lots of cool graphs and charts and data in the link)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/24/the-italian-connection/

Since the earliest days of the current pandemic, Italy has been the scary member of the family that you absolutely don’t want to emulate, the one cousin that gets into really bad trouble. The Italians have the highest rate of deaths from the COVID-19 coronavirus, and their numbers continue to climb. Here’s the situation today.

Italy, with over six thousand dead, is up well into the blue range. This is the range of annual deaths from the flu in the US. If the US coronavirus patients were dying at the same rate as in Italy, we’d have 38,000 coronavirus deaths by now in addition to the same number of flu deaths …

As a result, there has been much debate about why the Italian death rate is so high. People have suggested that it’s because they have one of the older populations in Europe. Others have noted that they often live in extended families. Some say it’s high numbers of smokers and polluted air. And some have pointed to their social habits that involve touching, kissing cheeks, personal contact during church rituals, and the like.

consider the characteristics of the people who died:

* More of the patients were over 90 than were under 60.
* The average age was 79 years.
* All but three of them had at least one other disease, so basically all of them were already sick.
* Three-quarters of them had two other diseases, and half of them had three or more other diseases. Half!

My thought was … that’s not a sample of the people in the street. That’s not a sample of an Italian family.

That’s a sample of a totally different population.

Here’s what I suspect. I think that the COVID-19 disease got established in a couple of areas in Italy well before anyone even knew the disease was there, perhaps even before the Chinese recognized it as a novel disease.

And in some fashion, it got into the medical system. Doesn’t matter how. But once there, it was spread invisibly to other patients, in particular the oldest and weakest of the patients. It went from patient to patient, from patient to visitor and back again, and it was also spread by everyone in the hospital from administrators to doctors and nurses to janitors. In many, perhaps most cases, they didn’t even know they were sick, but they were indeed infectious.

And that’s why the pattern of the Italian deaths is so curious, and their number is so much larger than the rest of the world. It’s not a cross-section of the general population. It’s a cross-section of people who were already quite sick, sick enough that they were already visiting doctors and having procedures or being bedridden in hospitals. It was 85-year-olds with three diseases.

And it’s also why the death rate in Italy is so high—these people were already very ill.
4 days ago
1/1/01

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

411,489 (95%)

in Mild Condition

22,093 (5%)

Serious or Critical

Show Graph

4 days ago
1/1/01
D241 -
Cire - 
jimmy23 -

This has been a very useful thread OP. It's weird to look at the first post... Then jump to the last.

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

362,422 (95%)

in Mild Condition

19,506 (5%)

Serious or Critical

Cire, in your opinion since you have followed this closely from the beginning, how do you feel about everything?

The recoveries seem to be going well.  I am curious if you are more worried about the virus and deaths and other affects or more worried about millions being out of work and whatnot.  No wrong opinion, I'm just curious.  Myself, I go back and forth depending on what thread and info I read.  

I think it is a very serious problem, but at the same time, an overreaction.   The cases to death ratio is really low.    The numbers are only shooting up, since testing has increased.   I seems like it has been making the rounds well before the documented case were made public    

But, I am still torn between the two sides as it very contagious. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Also, the Hydroxychloroquin., Z-pack, and Zinc Sulfate combo is having outstanding results.   It’s a shame that Governors are not allowing their citizens the Right To Try.   This seems to be politics. 

4 days ago
11/20/09
Cire - 
D241 -
Cire - 
jimmy23 -

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

362,422 (95%)

in Mild Condition

19,506 (5%)

Serious or Critical

I think it is a very serious problem, but at the same time, an overreaction.   The cases to death ratio is really low.    The numbers are only shooting up, since testing has increased.   I seems like it has been making the rounds well before the documented case were made public    

I know you were just answering my question honestly, and I thank you for that, but let me just say it again....sorry for coming at you sideways.  You're obviously open minded as your answer to my question shows.  

I'm appreciative of your contributions.  Thanks for unintentionally giving me a little bit of positive hope.  We'll get through this :)

4 days ago
6/11/10
Cire -

Also, the Hydroxychloroquin., Z-pack, and Zinc Sulfate combo is having outstanding results.   It’s a shame that Governors are not allowing their citizens the Right To Try.   This seems to be politics. 

At least NYs Governor is trying it.

"On the drug therapy, Tuesday we're going to start the hydroxychloroquine with the Zithromax. That's the drug combination that the President has been talking about," he said. "The FDA approved the state to proceed with an experimental drug on a compassionate care basis."

4 days ago
4/27/14
Steve4192 - 
RepsOne - 

I think this guy's theory on what happened in Italy is spot on. He thinks it got into the medical system very early in the process, and that is why there are so many deaths and so many infected health workers. They were spreading it among themselves before they even recognized it as a problem.

(lots of cool graphs and charts and data in the link)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/24/the-italian-connection/

Since the earliest days of the current pandemic, Italy has been the scary member of the family that you absolutely don’t want to emulate, the one cousin that gets into really bad trouble. The Italians have the highest rate of deaths from the COVID-19 coronavirus, and their numbers continue to climb. Here’s the situation today.

Italy, with over six thousand dead, is up well into the blue range. This is the range of annual deaths from the flu in the US. If the US coronavirus patients were dying at the same rate as in Italy, we’d have 38,000 coronavirus deaths by now in addition to the same number of flu deaths …

As a result, there has been much debate about why the Italian death rate is so high. People have suggested that it’s because they have one of the older populations in Europe. Others have noted that they often live in extended families. Some say it’s high numbers of smokers and polluted air. And some have pointed to their social habits that involve touching, kissing cheeks, personal contact during church rituals, and the like.

consider the characteristics of the people who died:

* More of the patients were over 90 than were under 60.
* The average age was 79 years.
* All but three of them had at least one other disease, so basically all of them were already sick.
* Three-quarters of them had two other diseases, and half of them had three or more other diseases. Half!

My thought was … that’s not a sample of the people in the street. That’s not a sample of an Italian family.

That’s a sample of a totally different population.

Here’s what I suspect. I think that the COVID-19 disease got established in a couple of areas in Italy well before anyone even knew the disease was there, perhaps even before the Chinese recognized it as a novel disease.

And in some fashion, it got into the medical system. Doesn’t matter how. But once there, it was spread invisibly to other patients, in particular the oldest and weakest of the patients. It went from patient to patient, from patient to visitor and back again, and it was also spread by everyone in the hospital from administrators to doctors and nurses to janitors. In many, perhaps most cases, they didn’t even know they were sick, but they were indeed infectious.

And that’s why the pattern of the Italian deaths is so curious, and their number is so much larger than the rest of the world. It’s not a cross-section of the general population. It’s a cross-section of people who were already quite sick, sick enough that they were already visiting doctors and having procedures or being bedridden in hospitals. It was 85-year-olds with three diseases.

And it’s also why the death rate in Italy is so high—these people were already very ill.

I think there's a good chance you're right.

4 days ago
6/23/12
Freaky_Hibiki - ^ until today when they revealed that from the start they were bullshit.

This is a misinterpretation of what he says. He clarified on his own Twitter and said they redid their numbers with the new social distancing data and a lot of people were saved. He says if we go back to business as usual, the graph goes back to millions dead. 

4 days ago
6/23/12
Cire -
D241 -
Cire - 
jimmy23 -

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

362,422 (95%)

in Mild Condition

19,506 (5%)

Serious or Critical

I keep hearing that the total cases is skyrocketing bc we're testing more people, but the mortality rate has stayed at 1.5% here, indicating that's not accurate. 

4 days ago
8/2/19
Cire -
D241 -
Cire - 
jimmy23 -

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES

362,422 (95%)

in Mild Condition

19,506 (5%)

Serious or Critical

The cases:death ration doesn't really tell you much.  The only thing that's important is how many people require serious intervention (ex. ventilators), as that is what will grind your health care sytem into the ground.

4 days ago
8/2/19
Cire -

Source?

4 days ago
11/11/11

China lied people died.