Currently Infected Patients

33,551 (82%) 

in Mild Condition

7,356 (18%) 

Serious or Critical

Thank you for keeping everyone updated 

3/1/20 11:05 PM
11/20/09

Cire you are causing more harm than good and I bet you haven't for one second even considered that.

People panicking over something this early is doing more harm than good.

People are buying out medical masks and hospitals, doctors, nurses who actually need them are going to be at huge risk because of people like you causing this wide spread panic.  Why can't you worry to yourself?  Why do you have to cause so much drama and worry for people?

Are you a woman 70 years old with pre-existing respiroty issues or something?  Quit acting like one.

If you want to do good, STOP SPREADINGI FEAR DUDE jesus christ.  You are the problem, not the solution.  Think about this for 1 second what good you "think" you're doing.

[?IMG]

3/1/20 11:06 PM
11/20/09

Health experts warn that stocking up on the disposable masks could do more harm than good by limiting their availability to doctors and nurses. If the coronavirus outbreak should cause a run on anything, they say, it should be soap and water instead.

There are good reasons to wear masks — namely, to protect others. Surgeons use them so they don’t cough or sneeze into open wounds. Emergency room staff hand them out to visitors with respiratory symptoms to protect others in the waiting area. Doctors diligently swap their masks between visits with immune-suppressed patients, to avoid exposing them to clinging pathogens.

If you’re already sick, mask-wearing is good practice. Donning a paper mask on a crowded train or bus, for instance, can minimize the degree to which a cough or sneeze disseminates infectious fluid onto neighbors and handrails that will be grabbed throughout the day.

But for everyone else, the masks are simply “unnecessary,” said Alex Azar, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.

Cire-quit causing panic

3/1/20 11:16 PM
11/20/09

2nd death of the corona virus happened today.  70 year old with pre-existing health conditions.

Gee, go figure.

What's next, you going to tell me 70 year olds with pre-existing health conditions are also in danger of dying over things like the flu or a common cold? Oh the horror oh the shock.

Cire-if you are a 70 year old with pre-existing health issues, I apologize.  And I assume your name is Nancy.

3/1/20 11:20 PM
7/26/12
D241 -

Cire you are causing more harm than good and I bet you haven't for one second even considered that.

People panicking over something this early is doing more harm than good.

People are buying out medical masks and hospitals, doctors, nurses who actually need them are going to be at huge risk because of people like you causing this wide spread panic.  Why can't you worry to yourself?  Why do you have to cause so much drama and worry for people?

Are you a woman 70 years old with pre-existing respiroty issues or something?  Quit acting like one.

If you want to do good, STOP SPREADINGI FEAR DUDE jesus christ.  You are the problem, not the solution.  Think about this for 1 second what good you "think" you're doing.

[?IMG]

He is just passing along info. Being alarmist is me guaranteeing 1000 cases in ya by next week. Reality is it will be closer to 5 but it’s coming. 

Being realistic even assuming the numbers are under reported in Wuhan less than 1% have been infected 

3/1/20 11:36 PM
11/20/09

Google is where individuals go to get information.

Cire isn't passing along info, he is creating and spreading panic and I honestly think he doesn't even realize it.

3/1/20 11:40 PM
7/26/12
D241 -

Google is where individuals go to get information.

Cire isn't passing along info, he is creating and spreading panic and I honestly think he doesn't even realize it.

He is giving at least on this thread objective info.

whats the problem?

3/1/20 11:41 PM
7/26/12

If you really cared about facts you would be calling out evil dickweed 

3/2/20 12:00 AM
11/20/09
chad_mcjangle - 
D241 - 

2nd death of the corona virus happened today.  70 year old with pre-existing health conditions.

Gee, go figure.

What's next, you going to tell me 70 year olds with pre-existing health conditions are also in danger of dying over things like the flu or a common cold? Oh the horror oh the shock.

Cire-if you are a 70 year old with pre-existing health issues, I apologize.  And I assume your name is Nancy.

Dude, they should make you the prime minister of japan since that nancy shut down his country's entire school system. Clearly a badass like yourself knows this isn't a big deal at all and there was no reason for him to panic like that.

Glad we have a world class expert on infectious disease up in here.

I'll continue to be me and not worry about this until I'm 70 and have pre-existing health conditions, and you can continue to live like a scared little pussy who worries about shit that's not going to affect them.  

My ride will be smoother than yours.  Go ahead and put all your eggs in a basket that this "might" be as bad as you fear and then you'll be right.  Keep holding on to that ray of light sunshine.  Make sure to stock up on tampons next time you go to costco lol

Am I interacting with younger than 50 yr old men on this mma website or am I interacting with 70 yr old omen with pre-existing health conditions?

3/2/20 12:02 AM
7/26/12

“Am I interacting with younger than 50 yr old men on this mma website or am I interacting with 70 yr old omen with pre-existing health conditions?”

You don’t have a family? Sorry dude.

3/2/20 12:05 AM
11/20/09

It has it's upsides. (not having family)

3/2/20 12:10 AM
6/28/13

Cire - posts objective info here

CDC - Americans prepare for your lives to be disruptive!!

D241 - Cire you're creating a panic!!

Man,  you don't have to follow the threads. Some of us just like to follow what's going on with it. Very few if any people here have really shown a panic. You yourself don't really know how this thing is all going to unfold. It may be nothing much. I wouldn't call it a panic if a few people bought some extra food n water to have on hand just in case its needed. It seems like you're overreacting a bit. Let us just follow the news.

3/2/20 12:27 AM
2/7/20

IN for two weeks from now when another D241 post starts with something like... “my towns in lockdown. Tried to get to the store for supplies. Everything’s bought up. I’m so tough though”. You are not the first person to naysay. You won’t be the last. We’ve been on this thread for 2 months, and plenty have shifted gears from “tough guy flu kills more” posters...

3/2/20 12:27 AM
2/7/20

This is real sir. This is a TRUTH. Quit being a shit stick. 

3/2/20 12:29 AM
6/30/09
D241 -

"Now i can devote all my time to acting like a twat online!"

Grats bro

3/2/20 12:46 AM
11/20/09
Dadicus - 

IN for two weeks from now when another D241 post starts with something like... “my towns in lockdown. Tried to get to the store for supplies. Everything’s bought up. I’m so tough though”. You are not the first person to naysay. You won’t be the last. We’ve been on this thread for 2 months, and plenty have shifted gears from “tough guy flu kills more” posters...

How confident are you in this?

Are you willing to place a financial wager with me?  You or me gets the virus, I pay you. Neither of us get the virus, you pay me.  If/when a cure is made, you also have to pay me.

You want to put money on your confidence or do you just want to be a follower of the group of panic'd people?

3/2/20 12:47 AM
11/20/09
TwoFatNuts - 
D241 -

"Now i can devote all my time to acting like a twat online!"

Grats bro

You're doing a fine enough job of that on your own. 

3/2/20 12:51 AM
11/20/09

Dadicus-my wager bet is off with you if you are a 70+ year old woman with pre-existing health conditions.  Please clarify if you are a 70+yr old woman.

3/2/20 12:58 AM
2/7/20
D241 -
Dadicus - 

How confident are you in this?

Are you willing to place a financial wager with me?  You or me gets the virus, I pay you. Neither of us get the virus, you pay me.  If/when a cure is made, you also have to pay me.

You want to put money on your confidence or do you just want to be a follower of the group of panic'd people?

I mean... I’m a competitive guy. I love a wager, but I’m not interested in shaking hands with idiots. Where I come from, where I’ve been... we learned to not associate with pod loudmouths. People like you usually catch a shank. And internet trolls are even lower on my respect list. 

3/2/20 1:03 AM
11/20/09

So basically you want to fall into the panic crowd and play into it, but deep down logically you aren't confident it's that bad.  

I'd make a snide remark like calling you Gertrude or Irma but that would insinuate you're an old woman.  An old woman would have higher odds and might be more willing to place a bet on this.  

3/2/20 1:04 AM
2/7/20

I don’t know you. I hear what people say about you. But I don’t know you. We’re probably 1000 miles away from each other. Betting on whether or not you or I get Coronavirus is stupid, immature, and only a literal fool would offer that bet. But you dont know me either. And I think you should take that into consideration. Maybe leave this thread. All you offer is contrarianism. Blah blah blah... yak mouth shit talk. One thing I would bet on... is that you wouldn’t be so confrontational face to face. 

Edited: 3/2/20 1:26 AM
11/20/09

I don't wish any ill will on any of you.  We all share the common love of mma. 

I'm just trying to create balance.  In my 40 years on this earth, I've never seen such wide spread panic like this and I truly feel it's causing more harm than good.  If I need to be out of character and be an outlandish asshole to make a point, I guess that's the route I went. 

Unfortunately, loudmouthed assholes tend to get heard.  I might be guilty of that in this thread, but honestly, my intentions are good.  

I don't want anyone here to panic.  I want every to do this:

1.Think Positive

We are in 2020.  When the flu happened in 1918, that was bad then, but that was 102 years ago.

I promise you, if we went back in time in the year 1918 and told them we'd have anti vaccines for the flu, it would not only be okay, but we would create a device that can answer just about any question you can think of and that one device could also have what is called an electronic car pull up to your doorstep, they would think you were batshit crazy.

Humans are incredibly smart.  We have survived for thousands of years.  In terms of technology, we are more advanced now than ever and it's only going to improve. 

If you truly are worried to the point you're thinking of buying a protective mask, do some research.  Don't use them if you don't have a problem.  If there are shortages due to the public buying them when it's not needed, what happens if hospital workers need the masks? 

Live life.  Be positive. Remember how how bad ass humans are and if millions of people around the world are in danger, imagine what millions of people working together for one common cure could do.

3/2/20 1:37 AM
10/12/10

Nobody here seems to be panicking, just taking a worst case scenario outlook and preparing. Nothing wrong with that.

From what I can see, the ones that seem to be carrying on the most are the ones who are jumping up and about laughing at the disease and proclaiming everyones a soft cock for being concerned.