OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 6,048,870

3/8/20 6:10 PM
1/12/07
SpunQ -
SpunQ -

I think rogue states will be fear mongered the worst.

Iran

Italy

Germany

New Zealand

Australia

Why ???

Soros .

Iran generals and vice presidents = dead / infected.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/02/27/Iranian-Vice-President-Masoumeh-Ebtekar-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-Report.html

Vatican related Saudis = dead

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/02/28/Iran-s-former-envoy-to-Vatican-Hadi-Khosroshahi-dies-of-coronavirus.html

New Zealand / far right crackdown.

3/8/20 9:53 PM
4/27/18
ABCTT_SENNIN -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
shatefak -

My guess is that Italy stopped testing people for covid19 and the actual number of infected are way over 7k or whatever they are reporting.

Either that or that they can no longer care for new patients.

They only have enough beds for 6% of people requiring intensive care. Everyone else is at home. They've also decided to stop providing intensive care to the elderly. They can't even care for the patients they have now, much less new ones. 

source on elderly please

My mistake, it has been forwarded to the government, but no official response yet. 

wow crazy. that sucks. someone mentioned young people earlier in the thread, i dont have it handy but death rates for those 39 and younger are .02. 40-49 .04 and goes up from there.

believe the data was out of south korea.

Edited: 3/8/20 10:58 PM
3/20/12

Wuhan went 5G

worth considering

3/8/20 10:08 PM
1/7/09
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
shatefak -

My guess is that Italy stopped testing people for covid19 and the actual number of infected are way over 7k or whatever they are reporting.

They only have enough beds for 6% of people requiring intensive care. Everyone else is at home. They've also decided to stop providing intensive care to the elderly. They can't even care for the patients they have now, much less new ones. 

source on elderly please

My mistake, it has been forwarded to the government, but no official response yet. 

wow crazy. that sucks. someone mentioned young people earlier in the thread, i dont have it handy but death rates for those 39 and younger are .02. 40-49 .04 and goes up from there.

You got the decimal wrong.  It's about 0.2 for 30-39.  So double the flu. And it goes up rapidly above 50yrs old

Edited: 3/8/20 11:21 PM
12/29/06

IDK why they're letting international travelers back into the US without quarantining them, but we now have two cases in Virginia. It's in almost every state now.

3/8/20 11:25 PM
12/19/10
WidespreadPanic -

IDK why they're letting international travelers back into the US without quarantining them, but we now have two cases in Virginia. It's in almost every state now.

SN checks out

3/8/20 11:29 PM
2/24/19

Well since I am elderly and have underlying heart health issues ... I guess this Boomer is on borrowed time. All I can do is avoid people and as the great Earnest T. Bass opined “I think I’ll just “hermitize” myself. 

3/8/20 11:29 PM
1/7/09
WidespreadPanic -

Because money and the economy. The decision was made long ago that maximizing containment was not the goal.  You can imagine a sliding scale where the left end is zero action and the right end is 100% maximum effort towards containment...Our benevolent government has chosen to balance economic interests with stopping the virus and ended up somewhere towards the 15% mark on that scale.

The primary focus is now on mitigation as it spreads.

3/8/20 11:35 PM
4/27/18
turducken -
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
shatefak -

source on elderly please

You got the decimal wrong.  It's about 0.2 for 30-39.  So double the flu. And it goes up rapidly above 50yrs old

yep thats right

3/9/20 12:06 AM
5/22/05

It's interesting how many of the reactions are along the lines of: "It only really affects the elderly. I am not elderly".

Edited: 3/9/20 12:58 AM
1/7/09
banco -

It's interesting how many of the reactions are along the lines of: "It only really affects the elderly. I am not elderly".

People want to minimize. Easier to rationalize ignoring it if they imagine its only affecting 90yr olds with already failing health, even though that's not accurate. "The risk is low" fiction wont fly anymore, so now the narrative is changing. 

The death rate starts to get a little unnerving at 40+,  bad at 50+ and really really bad the farther you go above that.  That's actual data, not a soothing talking point. 

Same as the comments you're hearing from government now "the majority of people will be fine, they'll get better at home."  Yea 80-85% is definitely the majority, but 15-20% needing hospitalization is an enormous number.  Who wants to play Russian roulette with a 1 in 5 chance of potentially ending up on a ventilator?

People are also incredibly self centered.  Even if it's not likely to kill you, you should be doing your part to prevent its proliferation and the chance that it will affect someone who is more susceptible.  Assholes dont want to inconvenience themselves in the slightest though. Out of sight out of mind.

3/9/20 1:55 AM
3/23/06

Schools are starting to close 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaEil0DynCo

3/9/20 1:58 AM
3/23/06

Cancelled Tennis tournament in Palm Springs 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4997831002

3/9/20 2:20 AM
6/28/13
knockoutfighter -

Clicking your link does nothing for me so I'm not sure what it shows.

I haven't seen it posted on the OG yet,  but the Elk Grove school district has shut down all schools for this coming week. It is the largest school district in Northern California. With over 63,000 students its the 4th largest school district in all of California. 

The district was mainly shut down due to a student's family member testing positive.  Yet no student has tested positive.  There has been plenty of local outrage with how the district has handled this. 

The closure has caused Sheldon basketball team , the top seed in Norcal HS basketball,  to possibly have to forfeit a playoff basketball game.  This also has outraged many,  including the Sacramento King's Marvin Bagley as his younger brother is on the team. 

3/9/20 2:32 AM
5/22/05
KingFanPaul - 
knockoutfighter -

I haven't seen it posted on the OG yet,  but the Elk Grove school district has shut down all schools for this coming week. It is the largest school district in Northern California. With over 63,000 students its the 4th largest school district in all of California. 

The district was mainly shut down due to a student's family member testing positive.  Yet no student has tested positive.  There has been plenty of local outrage with how the district has handled this. 

The closure has caused Sheldon basketball team , the top seed in Norcal HS basketball,  to possibly have to forfeit a playoff basketball game.  This also has outraged many,  including the Sacramento King's Marvin Bagley as his younger brother is on the team. 

Oh shit. Not the HS basketball team!

3/9/20 2:32 AM
10/14/12
Rambo John J - 

Wuhan went 5G

worth considering

10/30/19

just months before all this started:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-is-about-to-switch-on-5g-its-behind-the-u-s-but-not-for-long-11572494203

3/9/20 2:35 AM
10/14/12
SuperFightFan - 
Rambo John J - 

Wuhan went 5G

worth considering

10/30/19

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-is-about-to-switch-on-5g-its-behind-the-u-s-but-not-for-long-11572494203

https://www.jrseco.com/european-union-5g-appeal-scientists-warn-of-potential-serious-health-effects-of-5g/
3/9/20 2:38 AM
6/28/13
banco -
KingFanPaul - 
knockoutfighter -

Oh shit. Not the HS basketball team!

I know lol.  I didn't mean to make a deal about that.  But yeah its been on the news. Whole article about how Bagley was upset lol.  I do feel for the team though.  No student has tested positive, so it sucks to lose your whole season like that. 

3/9/20 3:07 AM
1/1/01
ttt
3/9/20 3:08 AM
6/11/10
turducken -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
turducken -

I think you're an idiot if you fly.  The risk of death or serious illness to people under 40 is small, but you're still putting yourself in a position where you may contribute to its continued spread.  Why take the chance of being part of a chain that ends up killing someone's loved one?

Because all of these companies that are facing major disruption like the airlines will be demanding bailouts from the government after we've all already taken the economic hit from the disease. Crashing the economy might actually be worse in the long run. 

Thats the answer.  Money wins out over people. We are unable to act selflessly for even a short period of time.  Live your life as normal it's not a big deal for under 40yr olds, fuck those who are at greater risk. iIf we ALL made a commitment to practice social distancing for a month or so, we could stamp this thing out. 

But that seems to be impossible. People dont care to think beyond themselves and are unwilling to make even a small sacrifice of inconveniencing themselves for a little while.  Thank god this generation wasnt the one faced with confronting the axis in WWII. 

I agree. My 6 yr old is severely respiratory compromised. This virus would be devastating to him. Most likely wouldn’t survive.

I’m starting to think about going on a literal lockdown just to keep him from being exposed to it by me or my wife transmitting it. 

3/9/20 5:43 AM
12/9/13
ABCTT_SENNIN -
Strangleu -
ABCTT_SENNIN -
shatefak -

source on elderly please

https://tg24.sky.it/cronaca/2020/03/09/coronavirus-italia-news-diretta.html

3/9/20 7:33 AM
1/1/01

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES 

Currently Infected Patients

38,796 (87%) 

in Mild Condition

5,979 (13%) 

Serious or Critical

3/9/20 9:14 AM
8/2/19
SuperFightFan -
Rambo John J - 

Wuhan went 5G

worth considering

10/30/19

This sort of nonsense is why facebook is dying.  My home page is now 50% shit similar to this and 50% essential oils.

What does 5G do?  Make people succeptible to viruses?  Was 5G on when HIV broke out? Or the Spansih flu?  Or SARS?  Why do you feel the need to blame 5G for something that is easily explainable?

3/9/20 9:17 AM
8/2/19
SuperFightFan -
SuperFightFan - 
Rambo John J - 

Wuhan went 5G

worth considering

10/30/19

https://www.jrseco.com/european-union-5g-appeal-scientists-warn-of-potential-serious-health-effects-of-5g/

The article was written by the quack who runs the website and believes that electromagnetic radiation in general is very harmful:

Live healthier with measurably less electromagnetic radiation

Jan-Rutger Schrader, PhD, founder of JRS Electro Health and inventor of Eco-Wifi

Becareful who you cite.

3/9/20 11:04 AM
11/21/15

Reports out of Italy is that their hospitals are already completely overrun due to the fact that 10% of coronavirus patients require ICU care and they are already out of ICU beds.