OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 6,048,870

3/9/20 11:26 AM
5/5/07
cfochs -

Reports out of Italy is that their hospitals are already completely overrun due to the fact that 10% of coronavirus patients require ICU care and they are already out of ICU beds.

That's literally every country right now.

I can speak first hand from Canada.   The hospitals are slammed right now and that's just from regular cases.   Flu hasn't taken off yet.   If it does and then the covid takes off.  We are fucked bad. 

It's gonna get real bad in next few months once we start actually testing people 

3/9/20 11:28 AM
10/16/10
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

Reports out of Italy is that their hospitals are already completely overrun due to the fact that 10% of coronavirus patients require ICU care and they are already out of ICU beds.

I can speak first hand from Canada.   The hospitals are slammed right now and that's just from regular cases.   Flu hasn't taken off yet.   If it does and then the covid takes off.  We are fucked bad. 

It's gonna get real bad in next few months once we start actually testing people 

Do we have an adequate supply of tests?
3/9/20 11:35 AM
10/15/13
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

"That's literally every country right now."

Thats literally a lie

Edited: 3/9/20 11:36 AM
1/12/07
Al Cappucino - 
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

Thats literally a lie

110k infections bro out of 8 billion people = EVERY COUNTRY. We should all move to South Africa where theres no virus there.

3/9/20 11:38 AM
10/15/13
SpunQ -
Al Cappucino - 
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

Thats literally a lie

110k infections bro out of 8 billion people = EVERY COUNTRY. We should all move to South Africa where theres no virus there.

The entrance of EVERY hospital worldwide right now....

Image result for mass hysteria gif

3/9/20 11:40 AM
5/5/07
Stache -
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

All testing still needs approval to be tested and it gets sent to a lab in Winnipeg that takes 24 hours to come back.

Thats a long time to keep someone in ER and risk many others getting infected.   

We just aren't testing as much as we should.

ER and icu's are full as is 

3/9/20 11:43 AM
2/27/03
SpunQ - 
Al Cappucino - 
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

Thats literally a lie

7 confirmed cases in South Africa, all linked to group that traveled back from Italy. SA has only done approx 300 tests to date (population size: ~60 million).

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2020-03-09-four-more-coronavirus-victims-confirmed-in-sa-taking-total-to-7/
3/9/20 11:46 AM
6/28/09
Stache -
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

The virus is confirmed in my area but very little testing is happening on individuals suspected of being infected.  Either there is a shortage of test kits, or there is not a demand/desire to test all suspected cases.  

3/9/20 11:52 AM
10/16/10
Rahjai MD - 
Stache -
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

All testing still needs approval to be tested and it gets sent to a lab in Winnipeg that takes 24 hours to come back.

Thats a long time to keep someone in ER and risk many others getting infected.   

We just aren't testing as much as we should.

ER and icu's are full as is 

Thanks for the explanation and good luck. I mean it.

I'm still undecided as to the severity of the virus but I know how stretched the healthcare system already is, and I can only imagine the pressure it's going to put on you and your colleagues. I wish you the best.

Hopefully it's not the same lab involved in the Chinese espionage scandal. ;)
3/9/20 11:53 AM
6/11/10

3/9/20 11:53 AM
10/16/10
FirstScratch - 
Stache -
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

The virus is confirmed in my area but very little testing is happening on individuals suspected of being infected.  Either there is a shortage of test kits, or there is not a demand/desire to test all suspected cases.  

That's the impression I'm getting just from the news. I haven't seen a real sense of urgency yet, but that could be about to change.
Edited: 3/9/20 12:02 PM
7/31/09
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

I swear if you watch that guy's videos you think we are all about to fucking die.  

3/9/20 12:14 PM
1/1/01

I get this I might try and tough it out and not go to the hospital

3/9/20 12:14 PM
1/1/01

Just quarantine my self for 40 days just to be safe

3/9/20 12:47 PM
6/11/10
robbie380 -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

I swear if you watch that guy's videos you think we are all about to fucking die.  

Lol he doesn’t say that. To be honest, It’s my 1st time seeing his videos. I just think he points out some real relevant info and predicts based on the math and current data. I didn’t take it as a fear monger type thing but to each his own.

Edited: 3/9/20 12:52 PM
2/4/09
Al Cappucino -
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

Thats literally a lie

We can check occupancy rates at hospitals. 

Some canadian hospital operate at essentially capacity. An influx in canada will probably cause some stress. 

I think I mentioned this will probably have a harder effect on economies with socialized healthcare. 

But I also dont believe western countries will encounter the same acuity. 

I will probably be called a moron again for making this statement just like when I said that asians have more ACE2. 

3/9/20 12:52 PM
1/12/07
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva - 
robbie380 -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

Lol he doesn’t say that. To be honest, It’s my 1st time seeing his videos. I just think he points out some real relevant info and predicts based on the math and current data. I didn’t take it as a fear monger type thing but to each his own.

We’re Being Played

One of his articles.

Edited: 3/9/20 1:04 PM
1/1/01
robbie380 - 
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -

I watch this channel for the useful information and numbers.  But I ignore the silly clickbait titles he uses.

3/9/20 1:04 PM
2/10/20
SpunQ - 
Al Cappucino - 
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

Thats literally a lie

You might wanna change the map, dummy.

It's there now.
3/9/20 2:44 PM
1/7/09
Stache -
FirstScratch - 
Stache -
Rahjai MD - 
cfochs -

That's the impression I'm getting just from the news. I haven't seen a real sense of urgency yet, but that could be about to change.

People are incapable of thinking ahead or preparing. They only react at the very last second once the shit is about to hit the fan.  You see it time and time again with natural disasters of any kind. People dont leave when a wildfire evacuation order is issued. I mean look at what happens before any hurricane...a few days before it's like nothing is happening, the morning before landfall its absolute chaos at gas stations and grocery stores.

Dont wait until your idiotic government tells you to make changes in your routine. Theyre the same ones giving you the food pyramid for health care.  Preemptive action is always better than reactive.  Would you rather eat healthy and exercise or wait until you have a heart attack and then go to the doctor to try to mitigate the damage?

It's not rocket science. Wash your hands like crazy, dont touch your face, dont go out in public unless you absolutely have to. Avoid crowded places. Dont touch surfaces you dont have to. Watch a movie at home instead of going to a theater. Cook dinner at home instead of going out to a restaurant. Work from home if you can. Etc.  Enjoy a slower pace of life, walk around your neighborhood, its actually kind of nice to not be out and about constantly. 

The virus only spreads because of our collective actions, and similarly we can stop it. Its an unthinking organism, we have the potential and ability to beat it thanks to our brains, so let's do that.

3/9/20 4:37 PM
7/31/09

3/9/20 4:47 PM
11/1/03
Rahjai MD -
cfochs -

So even countries without one case of Carona virus are "overrun"? Hopefully your in your bunker with lots of Lysol and toilet paper. We'll call you when its over, or not if we're all dead.

3/9/20 7:48 PM
12/9/13

3/9/20 8:04 PM
11/20/09

Everytime I see Turducken post, this is what I see-

3/9/20 8:48 PM
4/28/09

https://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/comments/ff8hns/testimony_of_a_surgeon_working_in_bergamo_in_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share