OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 10,192,727

6/28/20 6:50 PM
12/3/02

Hoax. 

7/13/20 2:34 PM
11/20/09

The only consistent thing about Covid, is how inconsistent it's been. 

It can be DEADLY!  But you can also have it and never even know, and be fine.

It kills old people!  But it can also kill younger people too.

States that have opened early have had negative #'s in terms of outbreaks and deaths!  But some states that opened early did not see a spike in #'s as some closed states have.

I'm not downplaying it or upplaying it.  There is a lot of information to still be discovered and only in time will we know how significant it was during this current time. 

7/13/20 2:38 PM
1/1/01
BringBackHeadbutts - 

States that have opened early have had negative #'s in terms of outbreaks and deaths!  But some states that opened early did not see a spike in #'s as some closed states have.

I'm not downplaying it or upplaying it.  There is a lot of information to still be discovered and only in time will we know how significant it was during this current time. 

I agree with your last line.  However, it's not unusual to find out so many are asymptomatic.   I did some research and found a study from 2015 showing that between 65% and 80% of people with influenza are completely asymptomatic.  I had no idea until recently that the numbers were that high.

7/13/20 10:24 PM
3/9/13
Soup and Beer -
BringBackHeadbutts - 

I agree with your last line.  However, it's not unusual to find out so many are asymptomatic.   I did some research and found a study from 2015 showing that between 65% and 80% of people with influenza are completely asymptomatic.  I had no idea until recently that the numbers were that high.

It's different though, at least from my understanding. Those asymptomatic with influenza don't "shed" as much live virus which means less asymptomatic spread relative to covid. The current covid paradigm, at least from my understanding, is that most spread comes from a- or pre- symptomatic individuals.