OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 10,192,727

2/23/20 8:47 PM
8/15/07
Caladan - 
PwnedCakes - Shit is already petering out. Go long in stock market ASAP monday, should have gone long today but its OK you just missed a little bit.

I'm sure you're just trolling but why would you think it's petering out? It's spread to several new countries this week. 

Because the amount of deaths in non-shithole countries from coronavirus is practically zero.

2/23/20 9:00 PM
1/1/01
Soul Gravy - 
Caladan - 
PwnedCakes - Shit is already petering out. Go long in stock market ASAP monday, should have gone long today but its OK you just missed a little bit.

I'm sure you're just trolling but why would you think it's petering out? It's spread to several new countries this week. 

Because the amount of deaths in non-shithole countries from coronavirus is practically zero.

The biggest threat isn't the mortality rate.  It's supply chain disruptions.  Most of China's manufacturing is still shut down.  The U.S. has 35% of their imports coming from China.  90% of our pharmacueticals.  It's now spreading to other countries.  If this continues around the world, it could be months before this burns itself out.  The entire world economy cant just shut down that long.  At some point it collapses.

2/23/20 9:04 PM
7/31/09

China has just stopped reporting new cases lol

2/23/20 9:09 PM
2/4/09
Soup and Beer -
Soul Gravy - 
Caladan - 

The biggest threat isn't the mortality rate.  It's supply chain disruptions.  Most of China's manufacturing is still shut down.  The U.S. has 35% of their imports coming from China.  90% of our pharmacueticals.  It's now spreading to other countries.  If this continues around the world, it could be months before this burns itself out.  The entire world economy cant just shut down that long.  At some point it collapses.

I can't tell if the drop in the stock market is from the virus outbreak or Bernie's performance over the weekend LOL

Edited: 2/23/20 9:16 PM
1/1/01
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Soup and Beer -
Soul Gravy - 
Caladan - 

I can't tell if the drop in the stock market is from the virus outbreak or Bernie's performance over the weekend LOL

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if the Plunge Protection Team and the Central Banks arent artificially propping the markets up.  The stock market has always been an excellent early indicator of potential problems or disruptions in the economy.  We've got a pandemic going on where 80-90% of China's manufacturing shut down.  And with the virus starting to spread.  The DOW should be down 10,000 points yet it's barely budged.  It doesn't make any sense.   Anticipating QE from the Fed can't be the reason.  Lowering interest rates won't make any difference if economies start collapsing from months of nation wide quarantines.

2/23/20 9:21 PM
2/4/09
Soup and Beer -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Soup and Beer -
Soul Gravy - 
Caladan - 

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if the Plunge Protection Team and the Central Banks arent artificially propping the markets up.  The stock market has always been an excellent early indicator of potential problems or disruptions in the economy.  We've got a pandemic going on where 80-90% of China's manufacturing shut down.  And with the virus starting to spread.  The DOW should be down 10,000 points yet it's barely budged.  It doesn't make any sense.   Anticipating QE from the Fed can't be the reason.  Lowering interest rates won't make any difference if economies start collapsing from months of nation wide quarantines.

I think year end there was record amounts of liquidity being pumped into the markets

If I'm not mistaken China has been pumping liquidity as well during this corona virus stuff. 

My attention to the markets has been a little neglected the past several months so I could be wrong on this.

I know people wont agree with me but the markets arent as strong as trump claims and hes pulling the same bullshit with the federal reserve as his predecessor did. 

2/23/20 9:24 PM
1/1/01

Health officials worry as untraceable virus clusters emerge 

By ANIRUDDHA GHOSAL and LAURAN NEERGAARDFebruary 22, 2020

In South Korea, Singapore and Iran, clusters of infections are leading to a jump in cases of the new viral illness outside China. But it’s not the numbers that are worrying experts: It’s that increasingly they can’t trace where the clusters started.

World Health Organization officials said China’s crackdown on parts of the country bought time for the rest of the world to prepare for the new virus. But as hot spots emerge around the globe, trouble finding each source — the first patient who sparks every new cluster — might signal the disease has begun spreading too widely for tried-and-true public health steps to stamp it out.

“A number of spot fires, occurring around the world is a sign that things are ticking along, and what we are going to have here is probably a pandemic,” said Ian Mackay, who studies viruses at Australia’s University of Queensland. 

That worst-case isn’t here yet, the WHO insists. It isn’t convinced that countries outside China need more draconian measures, but it pointed to spikes in cases in Iran and South Korea to warn that time may be running out to contain the virus.

2/23/20 9:27 PM
2/4/09
Cire -

Health officials worry as untraceable virus clusters emerge 

By ANIRUDDHA GHOSAL and LAURAN NEERGAARDFebruary 22, 2020

In South Korea, Singapore and Iran, clusters of infections are leading to a jump in cases of the new viral illness outside China. But it’s not the numbers that are worrying experts: It’s that increasingly they can’t trace where the clusters started.

World Health Organization officials said China’s crackdown on parts of the country bought time for the rest of the world to prepare for the new virus. But as hot spots emerge around the globe, trouble finding each source — the first patient who sparks every new cluster — might signal the disease has begun spreading too widely for tried-and-true public health steps to stamp it out.

“A number of spot fires, occurring around the world is a sign that things are ticking along, and what we are going to have here is probably a pandemic,” said Ian Mackay, who studies viruses at Australia’s University of Queensland. 

That worst-case isn’t here yet, the WHO insists. It isn’t convinced that countries outside China need more draconian measures, but it pointed to spikes in cases in Iran and South Korea to warn that time may be running out to contain the virus.

Any chance these spots might coincide with hot spots for Pangolin trafficking?

2/23/20 9:59 PM
3/9/13
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

Keep your head in th sand dude. 

Edited: 2/23/20 10:13 PM
1/1/01
Caladan - 
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

I didn't care about Sars or the Swine Flu or Ebola.  I am quite concerned about covid-19 though.   Here's a good video from Dr. John Cambell and he has concerns that the virus in Iran is a mutated strain 

2/23/20 10:28 PM
1/1/01
Caladan - 
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

Like others have said, it might not be the actual amount of deaths, but about possible quarantines on a mass scale in even developed first world countries and if this does happen, the most obvious casualty will be the economy.

It can also turn an entire country into one big natural disaster prep emergency where there's a run on grocery stores and the like and the resulting fallout from that.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the weather gets warmer, but that's a month or two away for most of the countries that are affected.
2/23/20 10:41 PM
8/15/07
Caladan - 
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

I'm still waiting for someone to show me the numbers. So far, no one has.

2/23/20 10:41 PM
11/21/15
Liyon -
Caladan - 
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

Like others have said, it might not be the actual amount of deaths, but about possible quarantines on a mass scale in even developed first world countries and if this does happen, the most obvious casualty will be the economy.

It can also turn an entire country into one big natural disaster prep emergency where there's a run on grocery stores and the like and the resulting fallout from that.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the weather gets warmer, but that's a month or two away for most of the countries that are affected.

It's likely certain governments are already supressing the actual numbers, in order to avoid mass panic.  

2/23/20 10:43 PM
4/6/19
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

I'm still waiting for someone to show me the numbers. So far, no one has.

what numbers? economic impact?

2/23/20 10:44 PM
8/2/19
Soul Gravy -
Caladan - 

So is the amount of deaths from lions and tigers.  But if lions and tigers were to get out into public areas it might be a little dangerous.  (Forgive the analogy but I figued it would be the best way to get through to you).

2/23/20 10:46 PM
1/1/01

^^ I think he wants the accurate mortality rate from countries besides China.  But that's not where the real problem lies.  The video above gives a good lay out.  A big part of the problem is our medical facilities can not handle the numbers from a 20.7% that fall into serious condition.   

2/24/20 2:06 PM
5/14/10
Cire, I just want to say I appreciate your updates. Thanks.
Edited: 2/24/20 2:55 PM
1/1/01
Freaky_Hibiki - Cire, I just want to say I appreciate your updates. Thanks.

No problem, it’s interesting to see the evolution. 

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES 

Currently Infected Patients

40,283 (78%) 

in Mild Condition

11,567 (22%) 

In Serious or Critical Condition 

Edited: 2/24/20 7:48 PM
1/1/01

Broke the 80,000 mark

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES 

38,327 (77%) 

in Mild Condition

11,567 (23%)

in Serious or Critical condition

Edited: 2/24/20 8:15 PM
1/19/12
Cire -

Broke the 80,000 mark

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES 

38,327 (77%) 

in Mild Condition

11,567 (23%)

in Serious or Critical condition

But active cases dropped below 50k due to the large increase in recovered patients.

2/24/20 9:27 PM
4/12/04

none of these people actually tecovered. they developed symptoms again.

2/24/20 9:45 PM
4/11/08
the people in serious and critical condition apparently need mechanical ventilators to survive...
2/24/20 10:03 PM
1/1/01
hermanitor - the people in serious and critical condition apparently need mechanical ventilators to survive...

Yea I've seen Dr. John Cambell explain that the O2 levels in the blood need to stay above 95%.  Even on pure oxygen the lungs aren't able to deliver the oxygen to the blood and levels drop to 60% and you have a heart attack.

Edited: 2/24/20 11:37 PM
1/19/12
Kona Silat -

Source of your claim? None recovered? I don’t believe you. There are strict conditions to be as recovered. You have to be symptom free through multiple tests.

2/24/20 11:46 PM
8/2/19
Kona Silat -

nonsense.