OtherGround Forums Wuhan Coronavirus daily update counts: 10,192,727

2/24/20 11:47 PM
8/23/04

Jesus Christ

2/25/20 12:48 AM
10/1/03

just asked a friend how she's going because she's still locked at home even though this was the week she was supposed to return to work in beijing, but the gov owned company said that there was just a case where 65 people had to be quarrantined because one of them came to work infected and her company won't risk it yet so home it is still.

anyway, her reply was "well, how are you doing?  you have at least 10,000 dying of the flu and my mate who lives in america said that two of her co-workers are very sick" trying to say that we are much worse off than china.  when i told her everything is pretty damn nice, sunny, and i can't wait to go get dinner, she said abruptly, "have a nice day".

they say in mandarin, "Xi Nao"... "Xi"(wash) "Nao"(Brain)... and boy oh boy do they like to be called this. :)

2/25/20 1:16 AM
11/1/06

Don’t worry about it. Rush Limbaugh of Presidential Medal of Freedom fame wrote this:

Rush Limbaugh: “It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.” rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/02/…

Overhyped Coronavirus Weaponized Against Trump

2/25/20 2:05 AM
1/7/09
FCTV808 -

just asked a friend how she's going because she's still locked at home even though this was the week she was supposed to return to work in beijing, but the gov owned company said that there was just a case where 65 people had to be quarrantined because one of them came to work infected and her company won't risk it yet so home it is still.

anyway, her reply was "well, how are you doing?  you have at least 10,000 dying of the flu and my mate who lives in america said that two of her co-workers are very sick" trying to say that we are much worse off than china.  when i told her everything is pretty damn nice, sunny, and i can't wait to go get dinner, she said abruptly, "have a nice day".

they say in mandarin, "Xi Nao"... "Xi"(wash) "Nao"(Brain)... and boy oh boy do they like to be called this. :)

5MM get the flu each year so they have a point

2/25/20 2:58 AM
4/12/04
FCTV808 -

Jelly

Edited: 2/25/20 3:27 AM
1/1/01
Rush Limbaugh: “It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

Great, the coronavirus has joined the Deep State. That's all we need.
2/25/20 9:30 AM
1/1/01
LoveToChoke - 

Don’t worry about it. Rush Limbaugh of Presidential Medal of Freedom fame wrote this:

Rush Limbaugh: “It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.” rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/02/…

Needs to have his medal taken away.

2/25/20 11:51 AM
1/1/01

One thing that is interesting is that Africa is full of Chinese (~1M).  Yet the WHO is not reporting *any* cases in all of Africa, with the exception of 1 case in Egypt.  

2/25/20 12:07 PM
9/19/13
Trust -

One thing that is interesting is that Africa is full of Chinese (~1M).  Yet the WHO is not reporting *any* cases in all of Africa, with the exception of 1 case in Egypt.  

Only Chinese in Africa are slave drivers. I’m not being hyperbolic. Chinese actually run slave camps in Africa.

2/25/20 12:13 PM
1/1/01
oranos - 
Trust -

Only Chinese in Africa are slave drivers. I’m not being hyperbolic. Chinese actually run slave camps in Africa.

Ok, but the point is that there are about one million Chinese in Africa, and it would be hard to believe none of those people have travelled to Africa from China recently, and specifically from Wuhan.   

From a statistical standpoint, considering all the other countries reporting cases with far less connection to China, we should be seeing cases in African countries as well.  

2/25/20 12:16 PM
3/23/07
Trust - 

Probably because of a lack of testing and reporting mechanism in Africa.

Even the numbers that China reports are highly dubious (IMHO) because they keep changing the reporting mechanism.

2/25/20 12:22 PM
1/1/01
saglv - 
Trust - 

Even the numbers that China reports are highly dubious (IMHO) because they keep changing the reporting mechanism.

True, but it's insane that the U.S. has testing kits in only 3 states.  California, Nebraska, and Illinois.  And that most of the kits are flawed.  We have absolutely no idea how far it has spread in the U.S.

2/25/20 1:15 PM
4/12/04
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Kona Silat -

none of these people actually tecovered. they developed symptoms again.

Source of your claim? None recovered? I don’t believe you. There are strict conditions to be as recovered. You have to be symptom free through multiple tests.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8029679/Recovered-coronavirus-patient-tests-positive-10-days-self-isolation.html

2/25/20 1:19 PM
11/21/15
Soup and Beer -
saglv - 
Trust - 

True, but it's insane that the U.S. has testing kits in only 3 states.  California, Nebraska, and Illinois.  And that most of the kits are flawed.  We have absolutely no idea how far it has spread in the U.S.

U.S. testing capacity for #COVID19 is improving,

@DrNancyM_CDC

says. A dozen states/localities now able to perform tests themselves. Others still need to send to CDC, which performed 400 samples overnight and has no current backlog, Messonier says.

2/25/20 1:39 PM
5/14/10
Trust - 

Maybe the virus has actually already wiped out all of Africa and there's no one left to report anything. When it does take Africa, it's not going to be pretty. Hopefully they can keep that from happening until an effective treatment or vaccine is developed but I'm not holding my breath.
2/25/20 1:51 PM
6/13/03
Trust -

Edited: 2/25/20 6:30 PM
1/1/01

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths:

Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES 

Currently Infected Patients

40,546 (81%) 

in Mild Condition

9,212 (19%)

in Serious or Critical Condition

2/25/20 6:32 PM
1/1/01

3:49 pm: US health officials say coronavirus will likely cause a global pandemic

The coronavirus outbreak that’s shuttered commerce across China will likely become a global pandemic, a top U.S. health official said, adding that it’s just a matter of time before the outbreak starts spreading in the U.S. “Current global circumstances suggest it’s likely this virus will cause a pandemic,” Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told reporters at a news briefing. “It’s not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of when this will happen and how many people in this country will become infected and how many of those will develop severe or more complicated disease,” she added. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar added: “We can’t hermetically seal off the United States.” Azar confirmed four new cases of the virus from repatriated cruise ship passengers, bringing the total in the U.S. to 57.

2/25/20 6:36 PM
1/1/01

11:30 am: CDC confirms 53 US cases

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed 53 cases in the U.S., a majority of which came from passengers repatriated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship that was quarantined off the coast of Japan. The CDC updated its case count on its website late Monday. The data shows that 36 of the cases are attributed to the cruise ship, three patients were infected in Wuhan and later evacuated to the U.S. and the rest were largely infected while traveling overseas. Just two cases were contracted through person-to-person contact in the U.S., the CDC said. —Kopecki

2/25/20 9:03 PM
1/1/01

This is nuts. The only hope is that hotter weather kills or limits the virus like it did to SARS

2/25/20 9:25 PM
7/26/12
Soup and Beer -
LoveToChoke - 

Needs to have his medal taken away.

He will be missed. 

2/25/20 10:00 PM
1/19/12
Kona Silat -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Kona Silat -

none of these people actually tecovered. they developed symptoms again.

Source of your claim? None recovered? I don’t believe you. There are strict conditions to be as recovered. You have to be symptom free through multiple tests.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8029679/Recovered-coronavirus-patient-tests-positive-10-days-self-isolation.html

1) this is one case, not every single instance of a recovery

2) this case was from China, and Experts suspected that doctors had not given the patient accurate virus tests before declaring his recovery.

2/25/20 11:41 PM
1/1/01
saglv - 
Trust - 

Very probable

2/26/20 12:59 AM
6/30/07

I probably have it, worst flu I've ever experienced. Hit me like a truck on Saturday, still have a fever.

I had a good run

2/26/20 1:06 AM
3/23/06