OtherGround Forums Yield curve inverted this morning, hold on!

10 days ago
3/21/12
"30yr @ 2.037"

That's insanity
10 days ago
4/1/10
TzTinkle - "30yr @ 2.037"

That's insanity

It is a great time to be selling bonds. The muni run was awesome.

10 days ago
10/16/10
Zned - 

Time to outlaw cash.

Some are advocating just that.

https://www.amazon.com/Curse-Cash-Kenneth-S-Rogoff/dp/0691172137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487011598&sr=8-1&keywords=curse+of+cash

It's the old cashless society argument. No more black market, deflation, tax evasion or freedom. We need to kill those economists before it's too late.

J/k. Mostly
10 days ago
1/1/01
TzTinkle - "I don't get it either. What incentive is there to invest in bonds if you can't even preserve your capital?"

If you have to park hundreds of millions of dollars somewhere in a safe asset what choice do you have?

Gold?

10 days ago
9/22/16
I hate it when CTers get proven right. But the "outlaw cash, negative interest, destroy your savings" people have it right.
10 days ago
1/19/12
TzTinkle - "I don't get it either. What incentive is there to invest in bonds if you can't even preserve your capital?"

If you have to park hundreds of millions of dollars somewhere in a safe asset what choice do you have?

Lots of rich people use gold to partially hedge. Obviously it’s subject to its own market risk.

10 days ago
10/16/10
BJ Penn Forever - 

Gold?

Yeah this is how you get asset bubbles.
10 days ago
12/12/04

it's immoral to own a bond.  Unless you enjoy taxing your children and grandchildren so you are monetarily rewarded today.

10 days ago
10/18/14
Zned -

Yield curve inverted this morning, the last time this happened it signalled the great recession.

S&P is breaking through the short term support levels.

Hold on to your hats!

the stock market has predicted nine of the past five recessions

10 days ago
9/8/10
TeamRenzo -
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

We're hoping a crash in real estate values allows us to purchase a vacation rental home by the beach.

That's sad. Taking advantage of an awful situation is one thing, rooting for the market to crash so you can buy a cheap vacation home is scummy.

lol, being ready for the inevitable is not scummy you poor cuck

10 days ago
1/9/19
Zned -

Yield curve inverted this morning, the last time this happened it signalled the great recession.

Hold on to your hats!

I've been holding on to MONEY MARKETS with the PROFITS from the sell of my other home :)

10 days ago
1/9/19
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

We're hoping a crash in real estate values allows us to purchase a vacation rental home by the beach.

SMART fellow and his supporting wife

10 days ago
6/13/03
theraskal -
Zned -

Hold on to your hats!

I've been holding on to MONEY MARKETS with the PROFITS from the sell of my other home :)

Now is a great time to invest in guns!

10 days ago
1/9/19
Sandy Pantz - If a recession does happen, it's a mistake to think it will look like the last recession did.

I have no idea how it will look but SOMEWHERE there will be OPPORTUNITY and I wish to be able to take advantage of ANOTHER BIG WIN!

10 days ago
1/9/19

Zned to you predict a good sale on Road-Bikes in the near future?  Perhaps I could upgrade my CraigsList special.  I really like it though, perhaps I could just get a good deal on a renovation of brakes/gears system.  

10 days ago
1/9/19
Sogsteel -
theraskal -
Zned -

Hold on to your hats!

Now is a great time to invest in guns!

LOL good luck finding buyers for physical assets when the RepubLEMMINGS find themselves begin MASS MAGA credit cards defaulting and wondering how they are going to pay the RENT

10 days ago
4/1/10

theraskal

You ruin every thread you post on.

Why do you come on so many threads and spam them with so much nonsense.

I'm out.

10 days ago
7/7/17
Zned -

That's insanity

The muni run will continue to be awesome for some time. Low rates means the ability to refund the remaining higher-rate '09/'10 deals (call protection goes away) and speed up construction planning. 

10 days ago
4/27/15
Zned -

theraskal

I'm out.

This.  Time for this mundane troll to get the boot again.  He does this crap in other threads where people might actually want to exchange information or learn something

10 days ago
7/7/17
WHIPCRACK -

it's immoral to own a bond.  Unless you enjoy taxing your children and grandchildren so you are monetarily rewarded today.

That is not the case with muni bonds, which (absent truly absurd circumstances) are used to finance capital projects with a life that almost always exceeds the life of the bonds. 

10 days ago
8/23/11
TeamRenzo -
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

That's sad. Taking advantage of an awful situation is one thing, rooting for the market to crash so you can buy a cheap vacation home is scummy.

Some people are so short sighted 

yes you may have $ in the bank for a vacation home if the market tanks.. right up until your company downsizes and lets you go because sales are down 50% and the owner seems your salary exorbitant. 

10 days ago
1/9/19
Zned -

theraskal

I'm out.

okay I will avoid your threads Zned

10 days ago
3/21/12
Zned - 

That's insanity

I don't know much about muni bonds, but I remember Meg Whitman going on 60 minutes to cry about their risk maybe around 2012? After all that's happened since that was really odd.
10 days ago
9/7/07

Subbed for later

10 days ago
7/7/17
TzTinkle -
Zned - 

That's insanity

I don't know much about muni bonds, but I remember Meg Whitman going on 60 minutes to cry about their risk maybe around 2012? After all that's happened since that was really odd.

It was Meredith Whitney in December 2010. She predicted 50 to 100 large defaults in the hundreds of billions of dollars. The market responded, leading to huge selloffs. Then it never happened. There have been defaults, some of them big (Puerto Rico and Detroit jump to mind), but nothing even close to what she predicted.