OtherGround Forums Yield curve inverted this morning, hold on!

10 days ago
4/1/10

Yield curve inverted this morning, the last time this happened it signalled the great recession.

S&P is breaking through the short term support levels.

Hold on to your hats!

10 days ago
3/21/12
meh, I've got a shitload of cash to the side. wake me up when spy is down 25%
10 days ago
6/2/14

The only difference is the Fed can't cut rates any further.  The safety net has been exhausted.

10 days ago
3/23/07
Zned - 

Yield curve inverted this morning, the last time this happened it signalled the great recession.

Hold on to your hats!

Last time it happend was in Dec 2018.

10 days ago
9/22/16
My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

We're hoping a crash in real estate values allows us to purchase a vacation rental home by the beach.
10 days ago
1/23/14
saglv -
Zned - 

Hold on to your hats!

Boom roasted

10 days ago
1/23/14
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

We're hoping a crash in real estate values allows us to purchase a vacation rental home by the beach.

lol look at this selfish motherf*cker

10 days ago
6/13/03

Dont be a homeslice

10 days ago
6/2/14
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

We've been doing the same thing.  So if 3 of the 5 commenters so far have been holding their money back...we're fucked.  Not sure how yet, but we won't outsmart this setup.

10 days ago
3/21/12
dignan - 

The only difference is the Fed can't cut rates any further.  The safety net has been exhausted.

Look to europe, rates can definitely go lower. We're in a low growth world until technology and innovation takes another huge leap forward.
10 days ago
8/29/09
fiznadd -

lol look at this selfish motherf*cker

Look at me too, then.

Waiting for property values to drop so I can buy a new house, then rent my current home for 60% over my mortgage.  After that, start scooping up foreclosures for rental properties. 

10 days ago
12/22/10

OP has been run of fthe forum in the past for his failed predictions. 

He is literally fake news. 

10 days ago
2/5/06
Does that mean housing prices will fall?

I know fuck all about financial shit.

Harder to get a mortgage loan?

I'm close to buying a house, job/income is not in jeopardy at all. It would be great for me if the housing market takes a little dive and I can get one for much less than what they are going for now.
10 days ago
8/1/07
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

That's sad. Taking advantage of an awful situation is one thing, rooting for the market to crash so you can buy a cheap vacation home is scummy.
10 days ago
10/4/18
AnthonyWeiner - My wife and I have have been waiting for this recession. We've built our savings, have a small monthly payment on our home, and only one small car payment.

Yup!
Edited: 10 days ago
4/1/10
saglv - 
Zned - 

Hold on to your hats!

This is the first time since the great recession that the 2yr and 10yr bills have inverted. December 2005.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/us-bonds-yield-curve-at-flattest-level-since-2007-amid-risk-off-sentiment.html

10 days ago
5/22/09
TzTinkle -
dignan - 

Look to europe, rates can definitely go lower. We're in a low growth world until technology and innovation takes another huge leap forward.

Rates can and will go lower.  Potentially a lot lower.  Some people are calling for 5 cuts between now and end of 2020.

Also, just a side note, but as much as people laugh at millenials they could be what pushes the US economy forward significantly in the coming couple of decades.  There are more of them than baby boomers now and the average millenial is just getting to the point where they start forming families, which means spending money on homes, cars, babies, dogs and whatever else.  Most developed countries have big problems with an aging populkation but the US does not.

10 days ago
2/4/07
If a recession does happen, it's a mistake to think it will look like the last recession did.
10 days ago
3/21/12
TheRoguewrestler - 

Yup!

I ain't that greedy, I will just be looking for good deals on trucks
10 days ago
4/1/10
fiznadd - 
saglv -
Zned - 

Hold on to your hats!

Boom roasted

nope.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/us-bonds-yield-curve-at-flattest-level-since-2007-amid-risk-off-sentiment.html

10 days ago
3/23/07
Zned - 
saglv - 
Zned - 

Hold on to your hats!

This is the first time since the great recession that the 2yr and 10yr bills have inverted. December 2005.

2-10, yes. But generally saying that "the last time the yield curve inverted it signalled the great recession" isn't quite accurate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-03/u-s-yield-curve-just-inverted-that-s-huge

10 days ago
10/16/10
A couple of weeks ago Germany's entire yield curve went negative for the first time ever. Strange days.
10 days ago
3/23/07
Stache - A couple of weeks ago Germany's entire yield curve went negative for the first time ever. Strange days.

There are different factors in every cycle. The rise of tech stocks in the last 20 years is a once-in-a-century type structural change in the economy.

10 days ago
4/1/10
Stache - A couple of weeks ago Germany's entire yield curve went negative for the first time ever. Strange days.

You can get a negative rate mortgage in Denmark.

10 days ago
4/1/10
saglv - 
Zned - 
saglv - 
Zned - 

Hold on to your hats!

2-10, yes. But generally saying that "the last time the yield curve inverted it signalled the great recession" isn't quite accurate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-03/u-s-yield-curve-just-inverted-that-s-huge

Sorry...

"The last time the 2yr and 10yr inverted it signalled the great recession."