OtherGround Forums You can NOT catch COVID19 from touching surfaces

Edited: 3 days ago
12/4/18

Osterholm explains here to all the dumb fucks using sanitizer and disinfecting every surface. You don’t catch Corona like that. I’ve known this for months and stopped giving a fuck about sanitizer. He explains at 56:53

3 days ago
9/19/13

At least someone is explaining common sense to impressionable dumbasses.

3 days ago
9/23/14
But you CAN catch a ton of other stuff that will fuck you up just as bad or worse. Still a good idea to wash your friggin' hands.
3 days ago
9/19/13
zonohedron - But you CAN catch a ton of other stuff that will fuck you up just as bad or worse. Still a good idea to wash your friggin' hands.

What compelled you to make this comment?

3 days ago
7/31/09

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/scourge-hygiene-theater/614599/

Yes you can get it from touching surfaces it's just very rare. Here's the article the doctor was referencing for people to read 

3 days ago
11/21/19
oranos -
zonohedron - But you CAN catch a ton of other stuff that will fuck you up just as bad or worse. Still a good idea to wash your friggin' hands.

what compels you to post?

because you think you're adding content?

3 days ago
9/19/13
Revenants -
oranos -

What compels you to question me, 19'er? Are you some sort of intellectual authority around here? It's a rhetorical question.

3 days ago
5/3/01

rhetorical questions require a point. i.e., it would be the logical conclusion of this line of reasoning if one were to ask such and such question.

just quizzically throwing shit out there does not a "rhetorical question" make

3 days ago
12/17/06
oranos - 

Why would you take umbrage with his comment? He's correct.

3 days ago
11/19/19
oranos -

Because when COVID'ers get caught with their pants down, they like to point at shiney objects and yell "squirrel".

3 days ago
3/28/10

Is that scientific consensus? Or just one guys opinion?

3 days ago
7/5/13

Wash your hands, you filthy Poors!

3 days ago
11/12/11

When did washing your hands become something to take a stand against?

3 days ago
7/17/11
DropKick Joe -

Wash your hands, you filthy Poors!

So much this.  Their peasant behavior disgusts me. 

3 days ago
11/10/18

You can definitely overdo it and over time weaken your immune system. All kinds of research shows that people with autoimmune disorders were kept overly clean as children. 

3 days ago
12/17/06
Ascended - 

This. Cleanliness is never a bad thing.

3 days ago
1/1/01
"We've added a level of paranoia in the public mind..."

FUCKING THIS!!!!!!!

Washing hands is a GREAT idea, but the disinfecting Nazi's need to step down...
3 days ago
1/1/01
robbie380 - 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/scourge-hygiene-theater/614599/

Yes you can get it from touching surfaces it's just very rare. Here's the article the doctor was referencing for people to read 

THanks for sharing.
3 days ago
11/10/18
Ascended -

Washing isn’t the problem dipshit, the hand sanitizers are helping create antibiotic resistant bacteria. But by all means, barge in with your stupid opinion like you own the place. Anything less would be unusual here. 

3 days ago
4/11/14

Ya too bad the COVID legend is set in stone now.

Lives ok surfaces for DAYS, asymptomatic transmission is common, kills young healthy people all the time, etc.

3 days ago
3/14/04
Ascended - 

That will be the next political rallying cry of the MAGAtards. 

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WASH MY HANDS AFTER I TAKE A SHIT!!!  IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT NOT TO!!!!"

3 days ago
11/21/19
oranos -
Revenants -
oranos -

What compels you to question me, 19'er? Are you some sort of intellectual authority around here? It's a rhetorical question.

lol it's doesn't take any amount of years on here to know when someone is full of themselves. Especially with that response to my question. And I'm not alone.

Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01
oranos - 

Osterholm said something similiar when he was on Rogan.  I trust Osterholm a thousand times more than Fauci, the CDC, or the WHO.

While there is no evidence you can catch covid from touching your face after the virus is on your hands, you can still catch other bacterial infections that way.  There is a good argument to maintain elevated hygiene so your immune system doesn't end up having to fight off covid plus another infection at one time.   I forget his name, but Rogan's friend had both pneumonia and covid at the same time and almost didn't make it.  He's only 28 and an MMA fighter if i'm not mistaken.

But it is just an extra precaution.  It does nothing to prevent covid.

3 days ago
3/14/04

"While there is no evidence you can catch covid from touching your face after the virus is on your hands, you can still catch other bacterial infections that way. "

We already know you can catch it through your nose and through your eyes.  So, are you saying you can't catch it by touching a surface that has the virus on it, then with that same hand either scratching or picking your nose, or rubbing your eyes?

Some of you guys have the logical reasoning capacity of a turnip.

3 days ago
2/9/09
angryinch -

"While there is no evidence you can catch covid from touching your face after the virus is on your hands, you can still catch other bacterial infections that way. "

We already know you can catch it through your nose and through your eyes.  So, are you saying you can't catch it by touching a surface that has the virus on it, then with that same hand either scratching or picking your nose, or rubbing your eyes?

Some of you guys have the logical reasoning capacity of a turnip.

This.