OtherGround Forums You do not have a right to be homeless.

26 days ago
8/15/07
You have a right to not own a home. You have a right to live "outside" of society as long as you do it in the woods away from everybody else.

You do not have the right to pursue this lifestyle on the sidewalk in front of everyone. You do not have the right to ignore the social contract that everyone else in civilized society has agreed upon.

Being homeless should be a temporary condition. You should be attempting to improve your circumstances and one day become "not homeless." Being down on your luck is when you are deserving of sympathy. When you decide to turn being homeless into a lifestyle, you're just a lazy piece of shit.
26 days ago
10/15/13

Why are you telling us this? How many homeless OG?

26 days ago
6/30/11

If someone wants to go off the grid and live in the woods for 20 years and pay no taxes I think they should be allowed. 

So fuck off OP. 

26 days ago
1/1/01

26 days ago
10/15/13
Song2 -

If someone wants to go off the grid and live in the woods for 20 years and pay no taxes I think they should be allowed. 

So fuck off OP. 

You obviously didn't read a thing he posted.

26 days ago
8/15/07
Song2 - 

So fuck off OP. 

I have no problem with this. I can only assume you didn't bother reading the original post before creating your own.
26 days ago
1/1/01
Song2 -

So fuck off OP. 

Where does the OP say you can’t do that 

26 days ago
2/8/08
I just had this conversation with a customer of mine. He owns his own food truck business in LA, and has an issue with the health department fining him for his yard having rats and bugs near the food trucks. The problem is, there are homeless people shitting and shooting up all along the street against his yard. He basically has to just pay the fines, and pay to sanitize often, because the city will not do anything to correct the issue.

They don't get fined or even hassled by the police for shitting or pissing on the street, but he gets fined for what the shit and piss brings. When he points this out to the health dept, they say its a city issue.

Its your choice to be homeless or not, but you shouldn't be able to just live where ever you want. You should have to obey the law like everyone else.
Edited: 26 days ago
1/23/06

Most of them are handicapped.

Haven't had a homeless person try anything shady yet and I'm always around them, but I've had really rich dudes try shady shit.

It's not a class issue. It's a human decency problem.

We pour all our resources into being ruling elites globally instead of fixing problems at home. Go wage another war baby boomers, better hurry up though, you're running out of time.

26 days ago
5/22/05

I dont think you believe in rights generally op. You are a textbook case of an authoritarian personality. 

26 days ago
1/13/11
cruedi -
Song2 -

So fuck off OP. 

Where does the OP say you can’t do that 

Hey guys, lay off the retard a bit. He’s got enough problems without you guys banging on him for his complete lack of how a message board works. Let him just read the titles and comment. Why should he be forced to be informed before commenting?  You guys are seriously pushy.  

As for the OP, I’m not reading that shit either. 

26 days ago
10/15/13
CRE -

Haven't had a homeless person try anything shady yet and I'm always around them, but I've had really rich dudes try shady shit.

We pour all our resources into being ruling elites globally instead of fixing problems at home. Go wage another war baby boomers, better hurry up though, you're running out of time.

Image result for adam sandler laughing gif

26 days ago
8/2/16
Soul Gravy - You have a right to not own a home. You have a right to live "outside" of society as long as you do it in the woods away from everybody else.

You do not have the right to pursue this lifestyle on the sidewalk in front of everyone. You do not have the right to ignore the social contract that everyone else in civilized society has agreed upon.

Being homeless should be a temporary condition. You should be attempting to improve your circumstances and one day become "not homeless." Being down on your luck is when you are deserving of sympathy. When you decide to turn being homeless into a lifestyle, you're just a lazy piece of shit.

So you're saying everyone should be forced to live in a house? Isn't that dictatorship? 

26 days ago
1/23/06
Al Cappucino - 
CRE -

Laugh all you want. There was enough money floating around to rebuild America's roads and house all the homeless. It was spent overseas on wars and bailing out banks.
26 days ago
10/15/13
CRE -
Al Cappucino - 
CRE -

Laugh all you want. There was enough money floating around to rebuild America's roads and house all the homeless. It was spent overseas on wars and bailing out banks.

Yes, potholes create homeless people. 

You're a dipshit

26 days ago
8/29/19

Disagree. You don't have a right to be homeless on someone's private property, but public property is a different story IMO.

That being said, rewarding the irresponsible and unhealthy behaviours that so often lead to  homelessness is retarded.

26 days ago
7/10/19

Bellend Central in ere 

26 days ago
11/1/03

I would assume a large percentage of homeless are mentally ill and many are addicts. I think they need to reopen some mental institutions to house these people.

Edited: 26 days ago
7/4/16

This is for everyone that saw the name Soul Gravy and came in here, expecting to see some ass

26 days ago
1/1/01

There's a cost to freedom. That said, they are littering, panhandling and breaking all kinds of laws and should be in jail or hospitalized.

26 days ago
1/25/04

Most need drug rehab and/or mental health services. HOmeless shelters are overcrowded, filthy and often dangerous. It's a difficult situation that must be addressed by our politicians. Simply telling the homeless they don't have a right to sleep on the sidewalk means absolutely nothing.

26 days ago
9/13/16
you can be homeless if you want. you think the government should force people to live in an apartment or house? that's ridiculous.

if someone wants to live in their car they should be able to. some people live in nice vans. there is nothing wrong with that.
26 days ago
1/1/01
Check Mark -

Disagree. You don't have a right to be homeless on someone's private property, but public property is a different story IMO.

That being said, rewarding the irresponsible and unhealthy behaviours that so often lead to  homelessness is retarded.

But what about blocking pedestrian sidewalk access, certainly something must be done about that?  People not being able to access storefronts because of encampments on sidewalks?  Camping inside port-o-lets at playgrounds during the daytime that are supposed to be open for everyone to use?  I don't think we're talking about sleeping under bridges or in the public park at night.

OP's language is unecessarily harsh carrying on about "rights" etc, but taking care of our involuntarily homeless and giving them housing opportunities is important, and limiting campsites of the voluntarily homeless to areas that don't directly interfere with traffic and create dangerous conditions for themselves and others is important, imo.

26 days ago
1/1/01

26 days ago
1/1/01
tapnaporsnapbro - you can be homeless if you want. you think the government should force people to live in an apartment or house? that's ridiculous.

if someone wants to live in their car they should be able to. some people live in nice vans. there is nothing wrong with that.

Don't disagree with this at all.

However, and this is gonna sound pedantic AF, but I believe there are different levels of "homelessness".

There are people that live out of their cars (or vans or trucks or whatever) because they choose to for whatever reason - there are a few people on youtube that vlog about it.

They hold down jobs or work remotely. They tend to use internet via tethering to cell phones, eat simply (or at restaurants), shower at the gym, etc.

Basically, it's a simpler / cheaper version that permanently AirB&Bing it.

Someone doing that is way different than the guys that have pitched a tent in the field next to the Food Lion shopping center near my house (I kinda live in the boonies) and have been panhandling at the entrance / exits for quite literally the last 4-5 years.