OtherGround Forums You should really be watching TikTok videos.

5 days ago
3/10/03

The dance routine trends and comedy shit the next generation is doing is really cool to witness.  These kids are talented and creative as hell to watch.

5 days ago
5/24/17
Sincognito -

The dance routine trends and comedy shit the next generation is doing is really cool to witness.  These kids are talented and creative as hell to watch.

They rebranded to tiktok after this video. 

5 days ago
8/18/13

No future generation is ever gonna grow up to be stable until there’s a blanket ban on under 18s being able to access snapchat/insta and any other social media shit like this

5 days ago
5/9/10

You guys really are missing out on reprogramming your brains into adhd bowls of mush.

5 days ago
2/23/12

how about no and never

5 days ago
2/15/14

Talented? Lol. No. Vine was a cool app and had talented people. This app is a bunch of Lip syncing bullshit. 

5 days ago
1/14/16
Dreville79 -

No future generation is ever gonna grow up to be stable until there’s a blanket ban on under 18s being able to access snapchat/insta and any other social media shit like this

Yeah. We should make sure our youth dont have access to the most common form of expression and communication, on which the planet's future will be based.

5 days ago
12/6/14
Spunkchops -
Sincognito -

They rebranded to tiktok after this video. 

Lmao what in the fuck.

5 days ago
8/18/13
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Yeah. We should make sure our youth dont have access to the most common form of expression and communication, on which the planet's future will be based.

The planets future will be based on apps like Snapchat & TikTok? Can you explain your logic?  

5 days ago
1/1/01
Dreville79 - 
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

The planets future will be based on apps like Snapchat & TikTok? Can you explain your logic?  

This

5 days ago
1/14/16
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Being an adult who is alive that knows what the internet is.

Are there people who dont know that social media and online networking is the future?

5 days ago
8/18/13
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Are there people who dont know that social media and online networking is the future?

I wasn’t talking about online networking or social media on the whole, so you’re adding your own narrative. I was talking about specific apps that will be no more in a decade. Snapchat won’t exist in 2030. Insta will but it will largely be used by businesses, though it’ll always have a fan base with hipsters on their holidays too. TikTok will likely not exist in 2025, it’s lifespan potential is even shorter than Snapchat 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

This. These are all just different forms of communication. They all have their pluses and minuses. 

Socrates thought that the written word would lead to the end of memory and that one could only truly convey an idea in face to face speech. Pretty much every human on earth can see the fallacy of that argument now, but back then it probably seemed pretty reasonable. 

5 days ago
8/18/13
pfsjkd -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

This. These are all just different forms of communication. They all have their pluses and minuses. 

Socrates thought that the written word would lead to the end of memory and that one could only truly convey an idea in face to face speech. Pretty much every human on earth can see the fallacy of that argument now, but back then it probably seemed pretty reasonable. 

Again, totally running with a point I hadn’t even suggested. Online communication and expression is a vital form of lifestyle going forwards, obviously. Facebook & YouTube being the two obvious online spaces that will continue long after we’re all gone  

The specific apps I mentioned will die in their current forms, also obviously. Just like Bebo, MySpace and all that stuff died. They’re short term apps designed to cater to ADHD generation. TikTok already rebranded and will fail long term, Snapchat will have to reimagine itself in the next five years if it wants to continue 

By all means keep disagreeing amongst yourselves on a point I never made though

5 days ago
1/1/01
Dreville79 -
pfsjkd -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Again, totally running with a point I hadn’t even suggested. Online communication and expression is a vital form of lifestyle going forwards, obviously. Facebook & YouTube being the two obvious online spaces that will continue long after we’re all gone  

The specific apps I mentioned will die in their current forms, also obviously. Just like Bebo, MySpace and all that stuff died. They’re short term apps designed to cater to ADHD generation. TikTok already rebranded and will fail long term, Snapchat will have to reimagine itself in the next five years if it wants to continue 

By all means keep disagreeing amongst yourselves on a point I never made though

You said:

“No future generation is ever gonna grow up to be stable until there’s a blanket ban on under 18s being able to access snapchat/insta and *any other social media shit like this*.”

Then you tried to backpedal your statement to only include certain specific apps. Whatever. It’s all the same shit, dude. Will some forms persist while others die out? Of course. Just like writing letters and using the phone are dying out. It’s just that now these tools are being produced, implemented, and replaced at a much greater speed. Either way, making blanket judgements like your original statement is bad cause it’s mostly incorrect. 

Edited: 4 days ago
1/14/16
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

I wasn’t talking about online networking or social media on the whole, so you’re adding your own narrative. I was talking about specific apps that will be no more in a decade. Snapchat won’t exist in 2030. Insta will but it will largely be used by businesses, though it’ll always have a fan base with hipsters on their holidays too. TikTok will likely not exist in 2025, it’s lifespan potential is even shorter than Snapchat 

Yeah except where you said "any other social media shit" but even if we pretended that there was some Dreville79 approved social media list that was excluded from your myopic statement...

You're still wrong as fuck. We let kids fingerpaint but we don't think they're always going to be doing that. They are learning to express themselves in a medium that is appropriate for their age and skill level. These kids can't code... but they can make some interesting videos and posts using these apps.

And that's just on the artistic side... as for the business side, you're acting like there is no value in learning how to engage an audience on an app that is hot right now,  but one day might not be? You betray that you know very little about social media. Knowing how to adapt to different platforms and observe trends are the most critical skills in marketing.

Now would be a good time to go with, "Ya know what? Admittedly, I know very little on the subject. You make good points."

4 days ago
1/1/01
Icy Mike - 
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Yeah except where you said "any other social media shit" but even if we pretended that there was some Dreville79 approved social media list that was excluded from your myopic statement...

You're still wrong as fuck. We let kids fingerpaint but we don't think they're always going to be doing that. They are learning to express themselves in a medium that is appropriate for their age and skill level. These kids can't code... but they can make some interesting videos and posts using these apps.

And that's just on the artistic side... as for the business side, you're acting like there is no value in learning how to engage an audience on an app that is hot right now,  but one day might not be? You betray that you know very little about social media. Knowing how to adapt to different platforms and observe trends are the most critical skills in marketing.

Now would be a good time to go with, "Ya know what? Admittedly, I know very little on the subject. You make good points."

Interpersonal communication will still be a requirement in business.

Explain to me how TikTok is going to work in a conference call

4 days ago
7/30/14

I work with a young lad who pretty much exclusively uses Snapchat to talk with his friends. There’s absolutely room for a form of communication where you can say shit that people can’t reproduce (unless they’re fucking weird and screen capture it). It’s kind of like telling your boy you fingered Jessica at the party then denying it, only without actually having to talk to people.

Disclaimer. I don’t use social media other than watching YouTube videos of short guys attacking their wife while she defends herself with a taser and of course talking to you queers on the OG.

4 days ago
1/1/01
PatK -
Icy Mike - 
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but the landscape is drastically changing. Zuckerberg used to communicate with others sitting right next to him using Instant Messenger instead of talking. So there might be a day when a conference call becomes a group chat type of thing. Who knows? 

4 days ago
7/24/16
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Care to tell us where you pulled these estimations from? The bottomless void that constitutes your ass doesn't count.

3 days ago
1/14/16
PatK -
Icy Mike - 
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -
Icy Mike -
Dreville79 -

Because on that conference call they will be asking if you know how all that shit works.

3 days ago
5/19/08

“The only thing I hit from the front is a piñata....when I fuck it!”