OtherGround Forums Zion Williamson's future?

22 days ago
3/26/13

He's out with a knee injury and it got me thinking...For how heavy he is and his style of play, I can see him having an injury-riddled career.  What's your take?

22 days ago
1/1/01

He will probably have several more knee injuries.  He had them in college he’ll have them again 

22 days ago
10/30/05

Hope he’s healthy before the holidays or he might be 315 when he gets back. 

22 days ago
1/1/01

Everyone agrees he needs to lose some weight. And he's not as lean as most basketball players, so he doesnt have to lose a ton of muscle. If he really weighs in the 280s, his longevity would be better in the 260s. He's huge at 20 years old, so Id hate to see him try to lose too much. Hopefully he has some good luck injury-wise in his career, but it's not a great start.

Anyway, it's fucking crazy how far he can fly at that size. 

22 days ago
4/2/08
cruedi - 

He will probably have several more knee injuries.  He had them in college he’ll have them again 

They are all related to the shoe incident I think, so it's not like his body is falling apart like Derrick Rose
22 days ago
8/23/11
nek -

He's out with a knee injury and it got me thinking...For how heavy he is and his style of play, I can see him having an injury-riddled career.  What's your take?

Grandmama 2.0

will have a few great seasons but the frame is too big and won’t hold up to n 82 game season. 

maybe a load management type system will keep him healthier but he better get a mid range jumper / 3 point shot with the quickness or he won’t be as good larry Johnson 

22 days ago
11/11/13
GSpenn fan -
cruedi - 

They are all related to the shoe incident I think, so it's not like his body is falling apart like Derrick Rose

I believe he was injured in HS as well.

22 days ago
1/18/12

I watched a dr on youtube talk about the combo of his knees bending inward + his weight+ his ungodly explosiveness + the amount he hits the floor = its only a matter of time before its all over.

That and the way his shoulders sway side to side when he walks indicates that he has painful hips as well.

Fingers crossed for him .

22 days ago
5/10/08
Skillrules - 

Everyone agrees he needs to lose some weight. And he's not as lean as most basketball players, so he doesnt have to lose a ton of muscle. If he really weighs in the 280s, his longevity would be better in the 260s. He's huge at 20 years old, so Id hate to see him try to lose too much. Hopefully he has some good luck injury-wise in his career, but it's not a great start.

Anyway, it's fucking crazy how far he can fly at that size. 

This... Dude needs to get down to the mid 250s... give himself a real long career.

If he stays at his current weight... it will be injuries galore IMO...

So fricken explosive...

That said - I would love to see a guy with his athleticism at 285 doing a number of different sports.

Imagine him playing football or MMA at that weight?

22 days ago
1/8/04
RJ Barrett will have the better career.
22 days ago
10/8/07

Hope he can get healthy and have a long successful career. He's fun to watch, sort of like a LJ/Shawn Kemp build, might be the most explosive dunker we've seen since Kemp too.