OtherGround Forums Zoe Quinn Gamergate harrasment leads to mans death

Edited: 9/2/19 11:11 PM
1/1/01
"i mean the current state of the games media is jsut evidence that gamergate was right about everything."

No. Gamergate was a bunch of pathetic children who were upset that girls/feminists/SJWs were encroaching on what they felt was their territory, and then came up with a ad hoc moral justification for their reprehensible behavior. The whole thing was an embarrassment, and the sooner we all forget about it, the better.
Edited: 9/3/19 1:48 AM
1/1/01
Tomato Can - You think she banged a dude for a single positive sentence in a roundup of 50 games? A positive sentence about a free game she wasn't even charging for? Seriously?

Nathan Grayson gave glowing coverage to a game where he is literally LISTED IN THE CREDITS, on top of all the prior positive coverage Zoe Quinn received from her cronies at Kotaku and Polygon. Depression Quest wasn't a free to play game at the time, liar.

Zoe Quinn contrived to win a 2013 Indiecade award ahead of ground-breaking indie title Papers Please (which sold close to two million units) for literally no other reason than she was banging one of the judges (Robin Arnott), while her best friend and publicist Maya Felix Kramer was banging Indiecade's president.

Zoe Quinn was part of the Bay Area social justice hipster indie scene, which meant she was friends with all the usual suspects in the far left media, particularly Vox (Polygon) and Gawker (Kotaku). This meant she was extraordinarily well-connected for an untalented local grifter and is why they closed ranks to protect their little in-group with the August 28th 'GAMERS ARE DEAD' articles which which triggered Gamergate.

9/3/19 2:12 AM
3/12/07
Mountain Medic -

You guys remember when mma was just getting big and all of a sudden a gaggle of "hot" chicks suddenly arrived and inserted themselves into a scene they knew nothing about, weren't really interested in, and basically basked in the "I'm the only chick here" glory?

That's pretty much how she got into gaming and comics.

Yeah, I do. When I pointed that out on the UG about 10 years ago I had a ton of white knights going crazy about it. My point was simple, don't post videos of shitty armbars and expect everyone to think it's awesome because you're a 5 in short shorts, then claim it was all to bring awareness of MMA to women as an excuse for subpar performance.

Good is good. Crap is crap. It's that simple.

Edited: 9/3/19 2:39 AM
1/1/01
WikiTheWalrus - 
Mountain Medic -

You guys remember when mma was just getting big and all of a sudden a gaggle of "hot" chicks suddenly arrived and inserted themselves into a scene they knew nothing about, weren't really interested in, and basically basked in the "I'm the only chick here" glory?

Yeah, I do. When I pointed that out on the UG about 10 years ago I had a ton of white knights going crazy about it. My point was simple, don't post videos of shitty armbars and expect everyone to think it's awesome because you're a 5 in short shorts, then claim it was all to bring awareness of MMA to women as an excuse for subpar performance.

It's completely irrelevant.

There are plenty of legitimate female developers out there and there have been going all the way back to the 80s.
Edited: 9/3/19 3:59 AM
3/11/11

Just in case anyone here is still unsure whether these gamergate halfwits are as degenerate as they seem, below is a short compilation of one of their leading representatives, Davis Aurini. This is exactly the type of social waste that chooses to believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories about women trying to conquer men via video game culture wars.

9/3/19 4:18 AM
1/1/01
Davis Aurini is a complete moron and laughing stock.

LMAO@him being a leading representative of anything...
9/3/19 4:39 AM
2/20/09
hardtruth -

Females enjoy nothing more than bullying and shaming their way into male dominated jobs, pastimes, hobbies, groups etc and completely ruining them and destroying anyone who doesn't go along.  No drama? Don't worry, they will create some.

They can't cut it on their own merits, no problem, he raped me!

We are not allowed to have male only activities here but we can have women only orgs, groups, committees, gyms, programs, scholarships etc etc.

They are "Fighting" for equality when equality is the last thing they want.

I haven’t followed this particular person or story but your entire post is accurate.

The current incarnation of feminism isn’t about equality.  It’s about preferential treatment.

9/3/19 5:04 AM
1/1/01
There's nothing wrong with feminism if it just means ensuring equal opportunity and combating discrimination and bias.

However, the key tenet of INTERSECTIONAL Feminism is that (and I quote) "the White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy is a system of oppression that oppresses wamman, non-binary people and people of colour". The ultimate aim ISN'T equality, it's to overthrow capitalism, White supremacy and 'The Patriarchy'.

It's effectively a radical Marxist hate movement.
9/3/19 7:22 AM
1/6/10
Proteus The Invincible -
Hashtag -

I don't get it.

In short, a mentally unhinged man was accused of being abusive towards a number of women, the man’s colleagues apparently believed the accusations and cut ties with him, and then the man killed himself. In response, a contingent of misogynistic conspiracy theorists online have taken the opportunity to play the victim, claiming that the accusations against the man are false and that they are part of a broader, matriarchal plot against all men that aims to subordinate men to women and harass men into committing suicide.

If that sounds too ridiculous to believe, just take a look at some of the self-victimising, hysterical stupidity spouted by the people in this thread who have committed themselves to the conspiracy theory. These unfortunate, bitter, petty little creatures are only slightly less ignorant than those who believe the Earth is flat. In fact, there is a lot of crossover between these two groups of imbeciles.

As soon as this dude chimes in on anything it has zero credibility. If I can guess what you’re going to write every time you post based on the content of thread then you have zero credibility. I wouldn’t even know if you were right because you’re just the boy (or ‘gender non-binary’ being the operative word) who cried wolf. 

9/3/19 7:38 AM
1/15/07
Squatdog - There's nothing wrong with feminism if it just means ensuring equal opportunity and combating discrimination and bias.

However, the key tenet of INTERSECTIONAL Feminism is that (and I quote) "the White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy is a system of oppression that oppresses wamman, non-binary people and people of colour". The ultimate aim ISN'T equality, it's to overthrow capitalism, White supremacy and 'The Patriarchy'.

It's effectively a radical Marxist hate movement.

Yeah man. Fuck this third wave feminism nonsense.

9/3/19 8:38 AM
9/22/16
Ill Portents - 

It's hilarious how deeply immersed Squatdog is in gamer/incel "culture".

You still use "incel" as an insult?

It's (insert year), homie.
9/3/19 8:50 AM
1/6/10
Ill Portents -
AnthonyWeiner - 
Ill Portents - 

This is a thread where people are still getting outraged about imaginary offenses regarding video game reviews from 6 years ago. You chose a weird thing to criticize the timeliness of.

Are you 15 years old? Just wondering given we are talking about time 

9/3/19 9:19 AM
9/22/16
Ill Portents - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Ill Portents - 

This is a thread where people are still getting outraged about imaginary offenses regarding video game reviews from 6 years ago. You chose a weird thing to criticize the timeliness of.

You just ended a sentence with a preposition, Orcus.

Also, "timeliness"?
9/3/19 10:46 AM
3/27/03
WikiTheWalrus -
Mountain Medic -

#bjjgurl #gurlskickass #bjjlifestyle

9/3/19 10:46 AM
3/27/03
Ill Portents -

How many kids do you have?

9/3/19 12:38 PM
8/12/19
donkypunch55 -
hardtruth -

Females enjoy nothing more than bullying and shaming their way into male dominated jobs, pastimes, hobbies, groups etc and completely ruining them and destroying anyone who doesn't go along.  No drama? Don't worry, they will create some.

We are not allowed to have male only activities here but we can have women only orgs, groups, committees, gyms, programs, scholarships etc etc.

I haven’t followed this particular person or story but your entire post is accurate.

The current incarnation of feminism isn’t about equality.  It’s about preferential treatment.

Amen brother.

9/3/19 12:41 PM
8/12/19
Ill Portents -
jacktripper -
Ill Portents -

How many kids do you have?

This is a forum where people like DrPeterVenkman celebrate the "luck" of 11 year olds who are sexually preyed on by adults. You think I would talk about my kids here?

When you and your partner decided to have kids how did you decide who's penis would open to accept the other's penis?

9/3/19 12:53 PM
7/31/15
hardtruth -

You know it's sad but true.  By and large, indoctrinated liberal females have become SJW fembots programmed for once cause - the domination of females.

I'll share this anectdote from my lovely Missus - so I'm cooking supper and make the suggestion that she do the dishes.  What sort of response do I get?  Instead of "sure hon, that's fair since you cooked", I get (somewhat paraphrasing, but this is the general jist of it and she truly feels this way) "Men, specifically white men, have had it easy for the last 200 years. Instead of things being equal, why not let women be in charge for at least 100 years first?"

Trying to reason with that, you get shouted down for the mysoginistic pig you are.

9/3/19 1:12 PM
2/19/14
MrBoone -
eubie5 - 
The_Jabberwocky -

damn, she's kinda fuckin hot

No. She's not. Search her nudes.

should have clarified my original post. i'm talking about Candace, who was talking with Joe.

9/3/19 1:59 PM
1/1/01
Squatdog - 
Tomato Can - You think she banged a dude for a single positive sentence in a roundup of 50 games? A positive sentence about a free game she wasn't even charging for? Seriously?

Nathan Grayson gave glowing coverage to a game where he is literally LISTED IN THE CREDITS, on top of all the prior positive coverage Zoe Quinn received from her cronies at Kotaku and Polygon. Depression Quest wasn't a free to play game at the time, liar.

Zoe Quinn contrived to win a 2013 Indiecade award ahead of ground-breaking indie title Papers Please (which sold close to two million units) for literally no other reason than she was banging one of the judges (Robin Arnott), while her best friend and publicist Maya Felix Kramer was banging Indiecade's president.

Zoe Quinn was part of the Bay Area social justice hipster indie scene, which meant she was friends with all the usual suspects in the far left media, particularly Vox (Polygon) and Gawker (Kotaku). This meant she was extraordinarily well-connected for an untalented local grifter and is why they closed ranks to protect their little in-group with the August 28th 'GAMERS ARE DEAD' articles which which triggered Gamergate.

Pretty sure my testosterone dropped just from looking at the limp wrists in that top pic...
9/3/19 9:32 PM
1/15/07
eubie5 - 
MrBoone -
eubie5 - 
The_Jabberwocky -

damn, she's kinda fuckin hot

No. She's not. Search her nudes.

should have clarified my original post. i'm talking about Candace, who was talking with Joe.

Candace ain't hot either. 

9/3/19 9:54 PM
8/12/19
EggOfGreed -
hardtruth -

You know it's sad but true.  By and large, indoctrinated liberal females have become SJW fembots programmed for once cause - the domination of females.

I'll share this anectdote from my lovely Missus - so I'm cooking supper and make the suggestion that she do the dishes.  What sort of response do I get?  Instead of "sure hon, that's fair since you cooked", I get (somewhat paraphrasing, but this is the general jist of it and she truly feels this way) "Men, specifically white men, have had it easy for the last 200 years. Instead of things being equal, why not let women be in charge for at least 100 years first?"

Trying to reason with that, you get shouted down for the mysoginistic pig you are.

Shit, sorry brother.

Let her watch the Black Pidgeon Speaks video on what happens when a nation is led by women throughout history and watch her head explode.

9/3/19 9:55 PM
1/23/13
amadeus - 
Squatdog - 

Pretty sure my testosterone dropped just from looking at the limp wrists in that top pic...

It's hilarious that she exclusively dates woke ascot wearing progressive hipster indie game devs ... and accuses most of them of being abusive rapists after the fact.

Maybe stop dating man children with mental issues you sociopathic twat.
9/3/19 10:08 PM
1/1/01
Squatdog, you are out of your goddamn mind.
9/3/19 10:11 PM
4/27/15
hardtruth -

This all day.  But it is mostly a grift for them.  They saw a billion-dollar industry heavily dominated by men (immature men for the most part) and their eyes lit up.  From Anita Sarkeesian and Briana Wu, to ZQ, to Zombie Unicorn and all the rest of them.  They saw it as easy pickings, as they "gaming media" was starting to go the woke huffpo, vox, buzzfeeed, etc click-bait outrage route.a

It was highly entertaining, except when they started sucking the fun out of some of the games and trying to ruin game devs that would not toe the line.

The most entertaining thing of all was the hilarious and cringe-worthy Bullyhunter debacle.  That 30 minute livestream they did was so awful and fake that it was actually a comedy masterpiece.  All of the woke outlets extolled it as the greatest thing since sliced bread before it crashed and burned almost immediately.  And it turned out the whole thing was basically a marketing company that put the whole thing together to sell high-end gaming gear like headphones.