OtherGround Forums so what exactly is wrong with marxism

Edited: 3 days ago
4/4/12

karl marx correctly explained that in any capitalistic society, the working cl@ss eventually always revolt against the bourgeois (wealthy) due to the nature of the rich exploiting the lower in every way possible. even if you disagree with marxist principles, this is logically true. capitalism, due to human nature, is only a temporary system because of this very natural and inevitable progression. We are currently experiencing the now tail end of it in the us. the poor and middle are exploited and have no help as evidenced by being left in the dust for something completely out of their control. ask any european, australian, or first world asian - they will all conclude unanimously that america is a RUTHLESS place to live if you are not wealthy. 

so the iteration that we know of marxism is considered not a good substitute because of human nature. this, i agree. we are too greedy as individuals to allow society to own of the means of production. but why americans so violently against a hybrid system, used successfully across the world in the first world? why do the middle defend the millionaires and billionaires who gives zero fucks about them? it is laughable when you read about billionaires (buffett) who claim that the divide should not exist, yet they themselves would never dare part most of their money. is it the very CHANCE at living life as an elite that keeps the american working defending them, meanwhile they are in the trenches dreaming they will obtain a ladder to get out? do we not realize we are about to become a real life grapes of wrath?

THIS is why something NEEDS to change

3 days ago
2/25/09

I blame ops parents 

3 days ago
11/19/06

Competition is "RUTHLESS?"

3 days ago
6/1/18

Crickets. Just like I figured. 

3 days ago
11/13/14

Because communism

3 days ago
4/4/12
cabincreek - 

not that competition is ruthless but the moment any crisis happens, there is minimal aid by the government. look at every first world nation in the world. they aren't in despair because of a pandemic. look at the us. there is a good chance of collapse because of the way the government did not help the working if you happened to work in certain industries, you are just shit out of luck. we are going to see mass evictions in both residential and commercial, measly stimulus and rampant unemployment, all while if you are sick with covid, it could very well ruin you financially. this happened to no other first world country. there are talks of canada having to build a wall now. how ironic. 

3 days ago
5/13/02

Groucho Marx | American actor | Britannica

3 days ago
3/16/11
rexkwondo79 -

karl marx correctly explained that in any capitalistic society, the working cl@ss eventually always revolt against the bourgeois (wealthy) due to the nature of the rich exploiting the lower in every way possible. even if you disagree with marxist principles, this is logically true. capitalism, due to human nature, is only a temporary system because of this very natural and inevitable progression. We are currently experiencing the now tail end of it in the us. the poor and middle are exploited and have no help as evidenced by being left in the dust for something completely out of their control. ask any european, australian, or first world asian - they will all conclude unanimously that america is a RUTHLESS place to live if you are not wealthy. 

so the iteration that we know of marxism is considered not a good substitute because of human nature. this, i agree. we are too greedy as individuals to allow society to own of the means of production. but why americans so violently against a hybrid system, used successfully across the world in the first world? why do the middle defend the millionaires and billionaires who gives zero fucks about them? it is laughable when you read about billionaires (buffett) who claim that the divide should not exist, yet they themselves would never dare part most of their money. is it the very CHANCE at living life as an elite that keeps the american working defending them, meanwhile they are in the trenches dreaming they will obtain a ladder to get out? do we not realize we are about to become a real life grapes of wrath?

THIS is why something NEEDS to change

I’d love to respond to your post but I just spent 9-12 minutes trying to copy and paste specific points to address and this site just doesn’t have the capability to do so. I guess Marxism wins. 

Edited: 3 days ago
2/25/09

What is wrong with marxism

3 days ago
2/5/06

"due to the nature of the rich exploiting the lower in every way possible. even if you disagree with marxist principles, this is logically true."

And the reason it's wrong, you answered yourself in the second paragraph 

3 days ago
7/24/16

(Some of it) looks great on paper. In practice? Just look at the last hundred years of history.

3 days ago
6/24/07

What the fuck has happened to this place!? It’s full of old screen names popping up with low posts. I know some say it’s mods. But, it may be worse. I may step away from here. This is scary propaganda.

3 days ago
2/9/07

I’ve been to many European and Asian countries.  Not one, NOT ONE, did I fail to meet multiple people who would gladly give up everything to come to America. 

When you speak in absolutes you lose every argument 

3 days ago
2/25/09

3 days ago
3/20/15

Because all it does it is eliminate the middle which is a stalwart of capitalism. 

Equality by opportunity instead of results. It eliminates freedom and you are put in whatever position helps the government overlords achieve total domination, rather than you being able to chose and use your own given talents and abilities to make your life better.

The only people that don't miss freedom are those that have never had it.

3 days ago
2/25/09

3 days ago
1/1/01
What is right with Marxism? It is like a chain letter. In theory it sounds like a utopia. But it has been tried too many times and failed miserably every time. Capitalism is far from perfect but it is a thousand times better than Communism.
3 days ago
1/30/16

Normal people - have a job, have ambition, want to progress, provide for them and their family

lazy people - marxists

pretty much as simple as that

3 days ago
2/25/09

3 days ago
1/1/01

3 days ago
1/1/01

Just imagine a fuckload of raekwondos running evrywhere.

3 days ago
2/25/09
Soup and Beer -

Danielle radcliffe has grown so fast!

3 days ago
3/20/15
rexkwondo79 - 
cabincreek - 

not that competition is ruthless but the moment any crisis happens, there is minimal aid by the government. look at every first world nation in the world. they aren't in despair because of a pandemic. look at the us. there is a good chance of collapse because of the way the government did not help the working if you happened to work in certain industries, you are just shit out of luck. we are going to see mass evictions in both residential and commercial, measly stimulus and rampant unemployment, all while if you are sick with covid, it could very well ruin you financially. this happened to no other first world country. there are talks of canada having to build a wall now. how ironic. 

You're fucking kidding right ? There wasn't even a pandemic in Canada when it was decided the west should be fucked over for the gifts the government could give the east.

Our country has the resources to be 1 of the richest on the planet but infighting has split us to the point of separation. We import blood oil when we have our own.

There's no talk of a wall unless it's to keep you fucking retard liberals out of our pockets. That includes Canadians.

3 days ago
3/16/11

But I will say, you mentioned “society owning the means of production”. Society doesn’t produce things, people do. Society just provides an environment that allows them to. The end result will always be enslaved individuals being forced to go work in the fields, factories and stores to support the party hierarchy. New boss same as the old one. 

3 days ago
11/19/06

You're first sentence is incorrect, Rex.

Marx read all of human history, not just capitalism, as struggle.

Since you say he "correctly explained that in any capitalistic society the working always revolt," please give a single example in all of human history where the workers in a capitalistic society revolted.

College freshmen love to say "Marxism works on paper." But, it doesn't. At all.

Marx's theory hinges on people's desire to be That simply does not work on any level more than a tribe, a commune, or a kibbutz, let alone a nation or "the world."

This is why the Bolsheviks co-opted ideas of Marx and put "professional revolutionaires" in charge of dividing the people and enforcing the edicts of the Bolshevik party.

Our antifas themselves like Che, pretend to think like Trotsky, but behave like Red Guards.