OtherGround Forums traffic in LA is back to prepan levels

Edited: 13 days ago
11/18/15
angryinch -

meanwhile CA hit the highest number of cases in one day.  Great....  Cases are going up, people are acting like everything's all over and done with and we're completely back to normal. 

Bunch of fucking retards.  

yeah yeah.....if I don't like it, stay home hiding under my couch.  Fuck that.  I'm not staying home for my own benefit.  I'm staying home because I could be an asymptomatic carrier and the last thing I want to do is spread it to someone who might potentially die from it.

bullshit

you're staying at home because you're worthless and nobody wants you anyways

12 days ago
7/13/09
KGB4HD -

Might be an exaggeration, but it's def getting there.  Two weeks ago, it was a dream.  I'm in South OC and work in Malibu and the Valley regularly and my commute in only about 1:20 for the past couple months.  Monday was maybe 10-15 min longer.  The biggest frustration is it seems like many haven't adjusted to this reality and still drive at slightly-faster-than-traffic speeds.  They'll be a pocket of cars going 50, then a ton of open space in front of them.

I did Burbank to Laguna in 1 hour. It was Glorious 

12 days ago
4/1/15

I drove to Torrance from Santa Barbara on Thursday during morning during "rush" hour and drove back home leaving Torrance at 3:30pm and I can assure you with the utmost certainty that LA traffic is no where near back to normal.

Not even close.

12 days ago
7/31/09

Moved out of LA (well, just north of it) about 15 years ago.. best move ever. Since moving i haven't experienced more than an hour of traffic in these whole 15 years. Fuck LA and any other big city with absolutely atrocious city planning. Nothing in my life will ever make spending 90 minutes to drive 10 miles 9n the freeway. Fuck you, LA and everyone that lives there. 

12 days ago
4/29/09
OG HA Y N -

I moved from LA to SD in January. Lovin it. 

Traffic down here isn't far off. It'll be there in a few more years and it makes me mad. 

12 days ago
4/29/09
angryinch -

meanwhile CA hit the highest number of cases in one day.  Great....  Cases are going up, people are acting like everything's all over and done with and we're completely back to normal. 

yeah yeah.....if I don't like it, stay home hiding under my couch.  Fuck that.  I'm not staying home for my own benefit.  I'm staying home because I could be an asymptomatic carrier and the last thing I want to do is spread it to someone who might potentially die from it.

Get out of my city you little piece of faggott shit. You're everything wrong with this state. 

12 days ago
2/28/12
angryinch - 
Positive Energy - 
angryinch -

In 2 weeks they will all learn!

haha

a local bar opened last night and ignored all the guidelines.  No one wearing masks, no limited capacity, people jammed inside like sardines, and today the city closed the bar indefinitely for the violations.

fucking dumbasses. 

Just to be clear, they were shut down and fined for 'ignoring all the guidelines', NOT because it was a covid hotspot?

Sounds like facism to me.
Edited: 12 days ago
7/13/09
Kings21 -

Moved out of LA (well, just north of it) about 15 years ago.. best move ever. Since moving i haven't experienced more than an hour of traffic in these whole 15 years. Fuck LA and any other big city with absolutely atrocious city planning. Nothing in my life will ever make spending 90 minutes to drive 10 miles 9n the freeway. Fuck you, LA and everyone that lives there. 

How about fuck you and fuck you’re mother you faggot fuck. Just because you moved to Simi doesn’t mean you’re not part of Los Angeles and the Southern California shitshow that every flyover fuck on here says is all commies. STFU Commie, just because some of can still afford to live here and were smart enough to move close to their work doesn’t make your bitch ass wise for moving. I completely understand the fuck LA part but the “every person in it” is me.  So fuck you and the cunt whoooore that spawned your bitch ass. 
get that LA Kings shit off your screen name too faggot. 

12 days ago
8/30/03
Positive Energy -
jcblass -
Positive Energy - 
angryinch -

Florida showed what happened when you recklessly re-open, just wait, like Florida, California will need 100,000 body bags ASAP

Every cherished life lost after re-opening could have been prevented if we all just stayed the fuck home until somebody tells us it’s ok.

We can save lots of lives going forward if nobody is ever allowed to leave the house unless necessary.  We can nearly eradicate infectious disease.  I also highly recommend requiring retrofit of HANS devices in all cars and a 24/7 helmet law for all public places going forward. All these laws would be guaranteed to save lives, and all laws that save lives are worth it.

12 days ago
7/26/12
KGB4HD -

Might be an exaggeration, but it's def getting there.  Two weeks ago, it was a dream.  I'm in South OC and work in Malibu and the Valley regularly and my commute in only about 1:20 for the past couple months.  Monday was maybe 10-15 min longer.  The biggest frustration is it seems like many haven't adjusted to this reality and still drive at slightly-faster-than-traffic speeds.  They'll be a pocket of cars going 50, then a ton of open space in front of them.

I noticed that too. Super weird

12 days ago
6/2/09
Sogsteel -

Its gotten worse but not prepan levels

12 days ago
6/13/03
JJitsu -
KGB4HD -

Wife is commcommutingOC to DTLA. 30-40 min each way. 

Once she starts bitching ill know its back to normal

12 days ago
9/8/02
JohnanthanDoe - 
Positive Energy -
jcblass -
Positive Energy - 
angryinch -

Florida showed what happened when you recklessly re-open, just wait, like Florida, California will need 100,000 body bags ASAP

Every cherished life lost after re-opening could have been prevented if we all just stayed the fuck home until somebody tells us it’s ok.

We can save lots of lives going forward if nobody is ever allowed to leave the house unless necessary.  We can nearly eradicate infectious disease.  I also highly recommend requiring retrofit of HANS devices in all cars and a 24/7 helmet law for all public places going forward. All these laws would be guaranteed to save lives, and all laws that save lives are worth it.

Why bother with hans devices, just ban all cars, they kill more people than COVID. Put the money in bussing and train systems. For sure put the HANS device in the bus though. That way if it crashes everyone lives. 

Can't have a society with risk. It isn't fair. If you disagree with me you are a NAZI. 

12 days ago
7/13/09
Sogsteel -
JJitsu -
KGB4HD -

Wife is commcommutingOC to DTLA. 30-40 min each way. 

Once she starts bitching ill know its back to normal

I quit my job from DTLA because the 101 in the valley to there was about 1:45 to two and half hours to get to and from everyday. It’s literally 20 minutes with no traffic!! So then you do this whole scramble and try the 10 to PCH to Topanga Canyon or you try the 5 to the 118 or the 2 up to the 134 or 10 to the 405 then when that sucks try and take Sepulveda over...it’s all 1:45 to 2 and a half hours....Was going to go full blown Michael Douglas Falling Down if I stayed. 

12 days ago
1/11/06

Where is all the people going in LA? Thought that place was locked down? Is there a general FU to the governor and businesses are opening?

12 days ago
5/7/09

Yeah, getting bad in Atlanta again too.  Man I’m going to miss Covid traffic...

12 days ago
1/1/01
Brockback Mountain -
Ryazzo - I noticed tuesday going into work traffic is back to hell for me where I live. Also lots of cops out trying to bust people speeding.

This exactly. One month of lowish traffic and the scum LAPD is out with the speeding ticket team.

I assume that all rapes and murders have been closed, and the most dangerous parts of the city are crime free.

Arresting people brings in no money, is dangerous,  and the courts just let the criminals go.  Easier to  cherry pick speeder at speed traps while relaxing in you AC cruiser while listening to music or whatever.  Do this for30 years and retire.