OtherGround Forums your favorite THC VAPE Carts?

14 days ago
6/28/10
HernanCortes -
BrckNoHitBk -
HernanCortes -
BrckNoHitBk -
Smokestack -

Just vape flower. Or get into dabs.

Fuck all these carts for now. Probably have roundup in them. Do not ever use carts thst you buy off the street. People are dropping like flies. 

Dabs can be just as bad as some of the carts. Also, not fuck all carts. Just get legit ones from actual companies like Rove. Theres people on Instagram that send carts in to get them tested and labs. Theres a few companies like Rove that have never failed for pesticides, metals etc.

Also, you do realize some of the pesticides and dirty shit inside the carts are from the flowers themselves, right?

Roves didn’t do shit for me, but probably a fake one. 

Yeah they are one of the most faked out there now. They switched up their packaging a bit and have a qr code you can scan now though.

Looks like Ali baba has the rove knocks off with new packaging that you’re talking about (where you habe to snap it in to get the cart out) 

yeah thats crazy. looking at their instagram they seem to have a few different stickers and scans now. one for authenticity and one for some type of reward points. i am guessing the fakes wont be able to fake that, even if they ad the stickers i doubt the stickers will actually work. they seemed to upgrade the actual cartidge too.

https://www.instagram.com/rovebrand/

14 days ago
1/18/12
Smokestack -

Just vape flower. Or get into dabs.

Fuck all these carts for now. Probably have roundup in them. Do not ever use carts thst you buy off the street. People are dropping like flies. 

I buy em for convenience on vacay from big dispensaries.   

Other than that...its enail all day

14 days ago
12/10/18

Others have stated it, but again:

Steer clear of black-market THC vape carts.

Brands like Dank Vapes aren't actually manufactured by any one company. Dealers buy the packaging and cartridges online and then fill them with ????

Sure, they might be clean, but you have no idea, there could be heavy metals, pesticide or even cutting agents like Vitamin E, which experts now think has led to many people getting sick off the carts. 

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/09/probe-into-vaping-linked-illnesses-turns-up-form-of-vitamin-e-from-skin-creams/

If you do use them, please make sure you go to a doctor if you start experiencing something out of the normal with your lungs, etc.

14 days ago
3/4/18

Metro.co.uk: Second death in US linked to vaping as health concerns grow about e-cigarettes.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/second-death-us-linked-vaping-health-concerns-grow-e-cigarettes-10699550/

That's from a dispensary too

9 days ago
8/14/19

Bump

9 days ago
3/21/07

Apparently rapper Xhibit owns brass knuckles bran. Heard it in mike Tyson's podcast. Lotta rip off brass knuckles in florida.

9 days ago
2/22/11

Welp back to the Good ole green 

8 days ago
6/17/16

My beef with vape cartridges is that they all inevitably get shitty towards the end. Even cartridges with metal mouthpieces and ceramic wicks still  end up with burnt residue from degraded terpenes toward the end of the cart. Shitty brands of carts can start getting fucked up before you are even halfway through them. If you dab with a quartz bucket and a timer (or learn what the proper temp feels like) so that you dab in the proper low temp range you will get the most flavor and smoothest vapor for a large hit possible and then you wipe out the residues instead of letting them hang around and burn off any remainders when you heat it up again the next time you use it. Most harsh dabbing or dabbing related bad stuff comes from people hitting the vapor while it is way too hot and burning their throats (aside from maybe smoking shitty homemade product).

Residues of burnt cannabinoids and terpenes can have such things as CBN (cannabinol, bad high), methacrolein (carcinogen), and various carbonyls and aldehydes (acetylaldehyde, formaldehyde, etc.) can be produced depending on if an unscrupulous producer added a thinning agent (vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, ethylene glycol, etc.) to adjust the viscosity of the product (usually with cheap carts and fiber wicks).

Also dry hits, hits off a partially saturated wick, or old wicks partially saturated with combustion by products can release further bad actors. Studies have been done on some of the wick materials other than porous ceramic and they have shown very bad by-products. So burnt or over-heated residues are often not your friend and also wick materials and possibly other materials such as potential contamination from the heating coil can be harmful depending on what is in it and what comes in contact with it.

https://www.theblincgroup.com/why-are-cotton-wicks-dangerous-when-vaping-cannabis/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28355118

To top all of this off there were studies released earlier this year before people started dying of lung disease that a bunch of synthetic terpenes or probably terps from china or wherever had tested positive for bacterial toxins and mycotoxins, they weren't exactly sure how they got there. This could easily be one of the things that is responsible for or contributing to the health problems that are cropping up now.

Dated april 2019:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190424083419.htm

I used to work in that facet of the industry for several years and I have done many kinds of extraction, distillation and the some other lab tasks that surround it such as winterization, degumming, depigmenting, and solvent reclaiming and recycling. We used to cryogenically distill our solvent gases to clean them and also run our process at cryogenic temperatures to keep things fresh and clean. I also have known people that have been involved in making oil since it got off the ground around 2004-2005, some of the first people to start companies when it was medical before it became legal. People I know have been dabbing oil probably daily or almost daily for about 15 years now and they are healthy. These are people who wne t through the entire process of learning and figuring out what to do and what not to do and they smoked a lot of dirty product early on before people figured it out. I don't think there was anything you could consider actual clean oil until maybe 2009 at the earliest. People didn't even know to distill the heavy hydrocarbons out of their solvent gas before then, let alone how to use vacuum ovens and vacuum pumps to take residual solvents down to sub PPB levels. Those people are all fine right now, healthy active people. Maybe they get cancer down the road but they are perfectly healthy now. All of the new health problems cropping up zre 100% vape-pen and cartidge related, or possible related to dirty synthetic terps.

Also as somebody with a very high tolerance who smokes high end flower (usually 25-30% thc or slightly higher) and various forms of dabbale concentrates on a daily basis and has for a long time vape pens especially with oil or distillate doesn't really do much for me. I find vape pens to be a bit harsh on the throat as there is no water or other form of cooling of the vapor. They tend to make my throat get raspy which then makes it suck to smoke or dab other stuff too. I really avoid them unless I am traveling and I have no other choice and then when I do I avoid anything that was distilled unless I personally know who made it (afriend of mine runs a lab that specializes in that and he is very good at it) or usually I also avoid supercritical or subcritical CO2 extacts because I think it is a terrible technology for cannabis extraction, which is another long technical discussion that is too long for here but I have many good reasons (10 or so) why I think CO2 is a bad solvent for cannabis extraction.

This is already way too long

8 days ago
4/17/15

Stop spending your money on weed and tattoos.  Put the video games down and move out of your parents house. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

If you dab with a quartz bucket and a timer (or learn what the proper temp feels like) so that you dab in the proper low temp range you will get the most flavor and smoothest vapor for a large hit possible and then you wipe out the residues instead of letting them hang around and burn off any remainders when you heat it up again the next time you use it. Most harsh dabbing or dabbing related bad stuff comes from people hitting the vapor while it is way too hot and burning their throats

So what’s the proper temp feel like? Do you have a method like a grill, hold your hand over and five seconds is too cool and one second is too hot?

8 days ago
6/17/16
crescentwrench -

If you dab with a quartz bucket and a timer (or learn what the proper temp feels like) so that you dab in the proper low temp range you will get the most flavor and smoothest vapor for a large hit possible and then you wipe out the residues instead of letting them hang around and burn off any remainders when you heat it up again the next time you use it. Most harsh dabbing or dabbing related bad stuff comes from people hitting the vapor while it is way too hot and burning their throats

So what’s the proper temp feel like? Do you have a method like a grill, hold your hand over and five seconds is too cool and one second is too hot?

If you want to get really technical you can use a cheap IR thermometer but basically you overheat the quartz nail and then set a timer and let it cool down. It's kind of a fucntion of how thick and big your nail is. Personally I prefer a thicker nail because it will have a longer time at the right temperature to dab so bigger dabs but you have to heat it more to get it hot and wait slightly longer to let it cool down. The idea is you are overheating the whole bucket to pump heat into it and then letting it cool down so basically the nail is at a somewhat uniform temp all over because quartz cools down very rapidly (IR emitter).

My experience with the thicker nails is they take a minute or slightly more to cool down while thinner nails take about 30 seconds to cool from red heat. The proper temperature is probably somewhere between 500-600 degrees fahrenheit. I used an enail (electric heating coil hooked up to digital PID temp control) for a while and tempertures above 600 were usually too hot (many people set them to 710 because it's 'OIL' upside down). You would need an IR thermometer to know exactly what temp you are reading because the enail will be telling you the temp at the thermocouple and it is probably a cheap thermocouple and controller on top of that so 100% accuracy is not the name of the game.

Anyway heat the bucket up with a butane torch (I prefer the Blazer Bigshot, best torch out there, made for brazing) until it starts to get red hot and set a timer for 30 seconds if your bucket has a thin wall (2-3mm) or a minute if you have a thick one (4-5mm wall). Take a dab. If the dab gets all black and instantly starts fizzling and completely violently evaporates leaving black residues the nail was too hot. If the dab melts down with a tiny bit of bubbling but you don't get a thick vapor or smoke (i.e. you 'didn't really get one') it is too cold and you waited too long. Use a timer (most phones have one built in these days) and adjust it accordingly.

The goal is to get the oil to heat up enough that you get a cloud of vapor or smoke with the terpenes intact so it tastes very good (they also increase and modify the high) without burning the shit out of it so that it degrades and also scalds the tissue in the back of your throat. Never dab off a red hot nail.

If you get sick of using a timer after you have found the time it takes to get a smooth and flavorful dab and you know you have that dialed in you can start holding the palm of your hand an inch or two above the nail to feel the heat on your skin. You can learn to feel what the temperature range feels like (like a grill, as you said) from the heat radiating to your hand. I prefer a timer but some people think they are a pain in the ass. I just heat up the nail, press start on the timer, scoop out some oil or sauce (usually from live resin from fresh plants) while I wait, and dab when the timer goes off.

Also always use a carb cap. this will conatin the vapor while you are dabbing leaving to a thicker and better hit. A good bubble cap will spread the oil around the bucket as you dab keeping it in a thinner film so you get more thorough and efficient evaporation. It's all about getting things to evaporte as cleanly as possible without burning. There is a bit of waste doing it this way because there is always something left over in the bucket afterwards but it is the most consistent method of getting a clean safe hit. People are experimenting with other ways of getting low-temp hits or increasing the efficiency but it's all basically based on the same concepts and it just takes too much typing to try to explain it all.

Have a box of q-tips handy and immediately wipe out your bucket when you are done dabbing. If you feel the need the next time you take a dab you can get the quartz red hot before it cools down and you can burn any traces of leftover residues away.

I haven't found a better more consistent way to take a dab yet. My main beef with enails when compared to quartz is dealing with any residues left over even if you wipe them out. The heating coils are too weak to get the nail hot enough to do a real super-heated self cleaning program and to heat them up with a torch you have to disassemble them and they get all caked with crystalized blackened carbonaceous residues (similar to creosote or something) on the inside of them. They're just a pain in the ass to keep clean and quartz is very easy to clean. Cleanliness is the key to the whole thing.

Clean buds or plants for extraction, clean solvents to extract with, a lab that is kept clean (running a lab is basically being a science janitor and dishwasher when you get past the part where you blow yourself up if you do it wrong), clean water in your rig, a clean nail to take dabs off of. Keep it clean and don't overheat.

8 days ago
12/4/18
Co3 -

Stop spending your money on weed and tattoos.  Put the video games down and move out of your parents house. 

I can understand spending on weed but tattoos? Man you gotta be fucked in the head to desecrate your flesh with that shit. You wanna look like white trash? 

8 days ago
5/13/11

Colorado brand NectarBee from the Green Solution. 

Trusted quality. Decent price if you wait for their specials.