PoliticalGround Best Part Of The Trump/ Cohen Recording!

7/25/18 9:38 AM
11/17/10
lionsoul -
Pratty - 

So he knew about the payments. he called the truth “fake news”repeatedly

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command” -1984

yeah... 

"Don't believe what you see"

"Don't believe what you hear"

"Only believe what I tell you is true."

"I will repeat my lies over and over again until it seeps into your subconscious and ultimately your conscious thought."

Trump uses a lot of rudimentary NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) techniques, but in reality his schtick is a form of mass hypnosis.

Fascinatingly enough, it is highly effective.  All you have to do is hang out on the OG to witness its efficacy.

I think you need to take a break from all things Trump dude

Youre getting noticeably hysterical about him lately

Just my 2 cents

7/25/18 12:38 PM
6/30/07

7/25/18 12:42 PM
12/2/05
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

The coke part is hilarious but what happened to attorney/client priveledge. I mean fuck you cant trust anything

Trump waived it...

This sounds really fucked up:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-trump-lawyers-allowed-investigators-to-get-michael-cohen-tapes-2018-7

So his own lawyer was breaching the privilege so they felt it was coming out anyhow? That really sucks. Who actually gave the tape to the media? Just because privilege is waived, doesn't mean the FBI is supposed to turn it over to the media at this point.
7/25/18 12:42 PM
8/1/13
MountainMedic -

Thank you

Edited: 7/25/18 12:48 PM
3/1/10
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

The coke part is hilarious but what happened to attorney/client priveledge. I mean fuck you cant trust anything

Trump waived it...

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-trump-lawyers-allowed-investigators-to-get-michael-cohen-tapes-2018-7

So his own lawyer was breaching the privilege so they felt it was coming out anyhow? That really sucks. Who actually gave the tape to the media? Just because privilege is waived, doesn't mean the FBI is supposed to turn it over to the media at this point.

Trump has a very shitty personal legal team.

There have been articles in the Times and elsewhere about how the top DC firms don't want to represent him (and representing a sitting president is typically seen as a coup) because they feel he would be such an erratic and unreliable client who will ignore advice.

It's not some kind of anti-GOP bias or anything either, as literally everyone else under the Russia investigation's orbit has been able to retain very good legal representation.

7/25/18 12:51 PM
11/11/11

Trump has a shitty legal team because he's got a well-deserved reputation as a cheap bastard who doesn't pay his bills. Even a very good lawyer would still take on a client that doesn't listen to lawyerd (likely they have the ego to believe they could set him straight), but when it comes to not getting paid they say "no thanks".

Edited: 7/25/18 12:52 PM
12/2/05
VTCO - 
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

There have been articles in the Times and elsewhere about how the top DC firms don't want to represent him (and representing a sitting president is typically seen as a coup) because they feel he would be such an erratic and unreliable client who will ignore advice.

It's not some kind of anti-GOP bias or anything either, as literally everyone else under the Russia investigation's orbit has been able to retain very good legal representation.

I've read about that as well but I have to think there's more to it with as bad/difficult clients as I've seen.
7/25/18 12:53 PM
8/23/11
Pratty -

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command” -1984

It’s my understanding there was no payment 

this is to Karen Mcdougal not stormy Daniels. 

It sounds like Cohen is setting up a company to make hush payments (warranted or not) trump may or may not have known. 

If Cohen is taping trump then who knows wtf else he is doing... maybe he is making payments on trumps behalf without him knowing 

7/25/18 12:56 PM
3/16/11
Tight Butthole -
Pratty -

You should continue to seek and point out parralels with 1984 wherever you see them.  

This is a great post. I'm just finishing the novel up myself, and the parallels to modern politics are staggering. I don't wanna spoil it, so I won't get into detail about specifics, but lets just say that Orwell pointed out the major flaws in one specific political ideology very, very liberally throughout the course of the novel. 

Edited: 7/25/18 12:59 PM
6/30/07
camicom -
MountainMedic -

Thank you

Man of my word.

None of this was personal or politically motivated.

I think I got them all, posting the actual links made it a lot easier, thanks.

PM me if there's others you want back, I'm missing requests because they just get lost in threads.

Edited: 7/25/18 1:05 PM
3/1/10
Fake Pie -
VTCO - 
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

I've read about that as well but I have to think there's more to it with as bad/difficult clients as I've seen.

Any firm that represents him would be embarrassed for the whole world to see. No upside to representing him.

Law firms deal with shitty clients all the time. Part and parcel to the industry no different than Allahu Akbars in Sadiq Khan's London. Difference is this is the sitting president and arguably the most high profile person in the entire world.

No amount of money or publicity is worth repping a dude who won't listen to you, will publicly insult you and blame you for the fallout, esp. when he's the president.

7/25/18 1:09 PM
1/1/01
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

Only after it was leaked...

Honestly, while it's not explicitly illegal there's a lot of ethical questions that will come out. Cohen could end up being disbarred.
7/25/18 1:14 PM
12/5/17
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

Lanny Davis (Cohen’s attorney) reportedly gave it to CNN. 

My understanding is that Trump declined to maintain privilege though. That could be because there’s nothing damning about it, or they didn’t want to fight with Special Master Barbara Jones who was tasked with determining which items were privileged. If the crime/fraud exception was a concern for her — Trump’s team might have considered it easier to just not fight it and go the positive PR route letting Giuliani get ahead of it in the media. 

7/25/18 1:16 PM
12/5/17

Have to say that having Rudy Giuliani, Michael Avenatti, and Lanny fuckin’ Davis engaged in a legal/media war involving the POTUS is bizarre. 

7/25/18 1:34 PM
1/1/01
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

My understanding is that Trump declined to maintain privilege though. That could be because there’s nothing damning about it, or they didn’t want to fight with Special Master Barbara Jones who was tasked with determining which items were privileged. If the crime/fraud exception was a concern for her — Trump’s team might have considered it easier to just not fight it and go the positive PR route letting Giuliani get ahead of it in the media. 

special master said it was privileged. dont know why they wouldnt have kept it secret even if there was nothing there... bizzaro legal strategy

7/25/18 1:37 PM
12/5/17
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

special master said it was privileged. dont know why they wouldnt have kept it secret even if there was nothing there... bizzaro legal strategy

Hrm. I need to catch up on it. Apparently there’s a heap of material Cohen deemed privileged that Jones did not, and Cohen’s team isn’t going to challenge that either. 

7/25/18 1:49 PM
8/22/13
Pilgor the goat -
Tight Butthole -
Pratty -

You should continue to seek and point out parralels with 1984 wherever you see them.  

This is a great post. I'm just finishing the novel up myself, and the parallels to modern politics are staggering. I don't wanna spoil it, so I won't get into detail about specifics, but lets just say that Orwell pointed out the major flaws in one specific political ideology very, very liberally throughout the course of the novel. 

Unfortunately people like Pratty have these "life and jobs" that prevent them from seeing anymore parralels. I'm not sure what he fears will happen to either of those things if he starts to recognize, but he is afraid. 

7/25/18 2:03 PM
12/2/05
VTCO - 
Fake Pie -
VTCO - 
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

Any firm that represents him would be embarrassed for the whole world to see. No upside to representing him.

Law firms deal with shitty clients all the time. Part and parcel to the industry no different than Allahu Akbars in Sadiq Khan's London. Difference is this is the sitting president and arguably the most high profile person in the entire world.

No amount of money or publicity is worth repping a dude who won't listen to you, will publicly insult you and blame you for the fallout, esp. when he's the president.

Well I worked for some of these firms and I disagree. Like I said, I think there has to be more to it. But I do agree they don't seem to want to get near it.
Edited: 7/25/18 2:05 PM
12/2/05
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

Lanny Davis (Cohen's attorney) reportedly gave it to CNN. 

My understanding is that Trump declined to maintain privilege though. That could be because there's nothing damning about it, or they didn't want to fight with Special Master Barbara Jones who was tasked with determining which items were privileged. If the crime/fraud exception was a concern for her -- Trump's team might have considered it easier to just not fight it and go the positive PR route letting Giuliani get ahead of it in the media. 

Apparently Cohen was going to leak it no matter what.

Pumpkin is right though that the Special Master hadn't made a final ruling yet. The government could have challenged and then there could have been a hearing on any exceptions like crime/fraud. They may have wanted to avoid that.
7/25/18 2:06 PM
12/2/05
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Fake Pie -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
heavyd4561 -

Trump waived it...

Hrm. I need to catch up on it. Apparently there’s a heap of material Cohen deemed privileged that Jones did not, and Cohen’s team isn’t going to challenge that either. 

The clients have standing to challenge, it is their privilege.
7/25/18 2:20 PM
9/8/02
19 - 
jcblass -

Further proof the investigators, CNN, and others are working together to undermine the President. If you or I recorded phone calls in Florida, and then released them, we would go down for Federal Wire Tapping charges. You just can't do those things. 

Both NY and FL require that one party knows and allows the recordings. Otherwise, it is in violation of the law. 

I know this because as a high school prank a bunch of us got together and made some Jerky Boy like prank calls to other classmates, and sent them around on burned CDs, it was really innocent and funny, until the police department brought us all in, and told us we were facing like 100 years in jail, 5 years per offense, federal wire tapping. 

Everything got smoothed over, but half the senior class learned 1st hand, that you can't record people on the phone without their consent. 

Cohen recorded it, it was privileged, then Trump waived privilege. I’m not sure what you are getting at.

When this story first broke, I was not aware that Trump waived the privilege. He must not be too concerned about any of it...Regardless, recording people's phone call without their consent is a crime, so Cohen broke the law and is lucky Trump doesn't give a fuck about these stupid talking points.

GIVE ME A COKE!!!!!

7/25/18 2:27 PM
12/2/05
jcblass - 
19 - 
jcblass -

Further proof the investigators, CNN, and others are working together to undermine the President. If you or I recorded phone calls in Florida, and then released them, we would go down for Federal Wire Tapping charges. You just can't do those things. 

Both NY and FL require that one party knows and allows the recordings. Otherwise, it is in violation of the law. 

I know this because as a high school prank a bunch of us got together and made some Jerky Boy like prank calls to other classmates, and sent them around on burned CDs, it was really innocent and funny, until the police department brought us all in, and told us we were facing like 100 years in jail, 5 years per offense, federal wire tapping. 

Everything got smoothed over, but half the senior class learned 1st hand, that you can't record people on the phone without their consent. 

Cohen recorded it, it was privileged, then Trump waived privilege. I’m not sure what you are getting at.

When this story first broke, I was not aware that Trump waived the privilege. He must not be too concerned about any of it...Regardless, recording people's phone call without their consent is a crime, so Cohen broke the law and is lucky Trump doesn't give a fuck about these stupid talking points.

GIVE ME A COKE!!!!!

It is not a crime in most states, including NY.

He will absolutely be disbarred over it.
7/25/18 2:59 PM
8/1/13
MountainMedic -
camicom -
MountainMedic -

Thank you

Man of my word.

None of this was personal or politically motivated.

I think I got them all, posting the actual links made it a lot easier, thanks.

PM me if there's others you want back, I'm missing requests because they just get lost in threads.

Hey dude. It's looks like it happened again. I know its not you doing it.