PoliticalGround Do U Predict PAINFUL RECESSION or MAGAII?

5/26/20 4:05 PM
1/9/19
Do you predict a painful recession as result of the CV Event or will it be MAGA II?
5/26/20 4:08 PM
7/13/17

Your moms ass will feel a lot of pain this year. 

5/26/20 4:08 PM
8/1/13

MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edited: 5/26/20 4:19 PM
9/8/02
Painful recession where entire sectors of the economy struggle to make a fraction of what they once did. I am talking about theme parks, movie theaters, live event production, professional sports, travel, concerts, summer music festivals, universities, any of the "cons" i.e., crimecon, aliencon, foodcon, comiccon, horrorcon, that whole industry is dead. 

Those handfuls of industries amount to millions of jobs. All gone or seriously reduced for the next year or so. That will put extreme competition on all other jobs, as those workers spread out to try and work elsewhere. Also, the companies that do survive this and do stay open will be doing so at a heavily reduced staff, so even when they start to re-hire, they are not going to hire someone new, they will probably fall back to some of the ones they laid off and bring them back slowly. So you will have a lot of people who need a foot in the door, don't have an industry to work in, but can't find much success. 

I don't see any hiring until after the election, but most likely the new year, and as I said earlier, these won't be "new hires" it will be re-hiring some of the people who were laid off...the workforce is going to sustain massive long-term cuts and that will have a large negative impact on the health of the economy. 

Does anything think travel or cruise ships will see even 60% of their business in the next year? I think not. How about professional sports? Do you really think we will see 90k fans watching SEC football this year? No way, what about all the vendors who rely on that traffic to sell things? the SEC is just one conference, start multiplying that out. None of this is happening.  This accounts for a massive part of the economy. It's bad. 

I have said since the beginning there needs to be the medical people speaking about the state of the virus followed by an economist who is talking about the long term repercussions of the shutdown. Let the people start to decide how they want to move forward. The response to the virus and those economic implications are going to be what people remember.

I trust Trump to do the better job on the economy, mainly because the last thing we need is MORE cheap labor, illegal immigration and free give aways to illegals on the backend of something like this. However, if the Democrats take over, there will be an all out push to "make things right" for the illegals. Americans will suffer more, businesses will suffer more, tax payers will suffer more. Trump has a massive ego, he will be laser focused on getting the economic numbers solid again so he can brag about it. 

5/26/20 4:21 PM
11/23/07

America is like a phoenix

5/26/20 4:35 PM
5/28/03

they wanted gov dependence. that was their goal.

5/26/20 4:35 PM
11/24/12
jcblass -
Painful recession where entire sectors of the economy struggle to make a fraction of what they once did. I am talking about theme parks, movie theaters, live event production, professional sports, travel, concerts, summer music festivals, universities, any of the "cons" i.e., crimecon, aliencon, foodcon, comiccon, horrorcon, that whole industry is dead. 

Those handfuls of industries amount to millions of jobs. All gone or seriously reduced for the next year or so. That will put extreme competition on all other jobs, as those workers spread out to try and work elsewhere. Also, the companies that do survive this and do stay open will be doing so at a heavily reduced staff, so even when they start to re-hire, they are not going to hire someone new, they will probably fall back to some of the ones they laid off and bring them back slowly. So you will have a lot of people who need a foot in the door, don't have an industry to work in, but can't find much success. 

I don't see any hiring until after the election, but most likely the new year, and as I said earlier, these won't be "new hires" it will be re-hiring some of the people who were laid off...the workforce is going to sustain massive long-term cuts and that will have a large negative impact on the health of the economy. 

Does anything think travel or cruise ships will see even 60% of their business in the next year? I think not. How about professional sports? Do you really think we will see 90k fans watching SEC football this year? No way, what about all the vendors who rely on that traffic to sell things? the SEC is just one conference, start multiplying that out. None of this is happening.  This accounts for a massive part of the economy. It's bad. 

I have said since the beginning there needs to be the medical people speaking about the state of the virus followed by an economist who is talking about the long term repercussions of the shutdown. Let the people start to decide how they want to move forward. The response to the virus and those economic implications are going to be what people remember.

I trust Trump to do the better job on the economy, mainly because the last thing we need is MORE cheap labor, illegal immigration and free give aways to illegals on the backend of something like this. However, if the Democrats take over, there will be an all out push to "make things right" for the illegals. Americans will suffer more, businesses will suffer more, tax payers will suffer more. Trump has a massive ego, he will be laser focused on getting the economic numbers solid again so he can brag about it. 

When has Trump ever been laser focused on anything?  You had some solid points but I’m not sure he knows how to focus. 

Edited: 5/26/20 4:39 PM
1/1/01

Slowed or no growth, pain in some industries - I can say with certainty there is no quick bounceback that will be happening.

Optimism and hope does not stimulate an economy.

5/26/20 4:53 PM
4/13/12

i don't know how you can make an argument that we don't have a shitty few years ahead of us.  it took us 10 years to get back the jobs we lost in 2008/2009.  this is 5x as many.  i hate to be so pessimistic, but i think it gets a lot worse before it gets better.

5/26/20 4:55 PM
12/29/09
stuvwxyz - 
jcblass -

When has Trump ever been laser focused on anything?  You had some solid points but I’m not sure he knows how to focus. 

With all due respect, you don't know what fudge you're talking about.

5/26/20 4:56 PM
9/23/07

MAGA

5/26/20 4:56 PM
12/22/10

MAGA!
A
G
A

!

5/26/20 5:01 PM
1/25/04
stuvwxyz - 
jcblass -

WTF
5/26/20 5:09 PM
2/15/06

Some of both actually. We will MAGA II but some people and areas will continue to suffer. But the POTUS will see to helping them in his second term. We all win!
5/26/20 5:27 PM
9/8/02
stuvwxyz - 
jcblass -

I disagree. Even Mark Cuban went on TV the other day and admitted Trump made many right decisions with the economy and he appaluded him for that. You can like Trump or not, but the economy did well and objective people realize that, even ones who don't like him. 

Joe Biden and his puppet of a running mate is a no-go for me, sorry. I think this economic downturn makes considering Biden even more dicey. You are going to have him take over, have to step down and leave the country to Kamala or Abrams? With Pelosi and Shumer...nope, not having that. Can't do that. 

Democrats had a chance to pick a real nominee and they went with a shittier version of Bob Dole and John McCain...At least Dole picked Kemp and McCain wasn't totally shot in 2008, so there was no risk of Palin.With Biden you get Abrams as President....terrifying. 

5/26/20 5:36 PM
9/23/07

Even if he was not senile and stupid you can tell even in clear moments Joe Biden cant wait to suck chinas dick and bend the knee as much as possible.

Trump is not perfect, but it does seem like he puts america first.

5/26/20 5:51 PM
2/4/09

Great depression

5/26/20 6:02 PM
3/1/10

It depends on what policies Biden will put in place, and it also largely depends on what moves he will make within his first 100 days.

I think he is very pragmatic in his approach to economic recovery, but it will probably be around 2 years or so into his first term before you see a real comeback, and a lot of that will be contingent on more stimulus to small businesses.

5/26/20 6:06 PM
10/2/12

I predict you’ll slip up and accidentally post as one of your alt accounts. 

5/26/20 7:18 PM
2/19/12
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Great depression

this

5/26/20 7:59 PM
1/9/19
TFK_HossPearson - 

I predict you’ll slip up and accidentally post as one of your alt accounts. 

LOL I'm not some LOSER which needs to create multiple accounts to HATE on and/or CyberStalk some other poster or use multiple accounts to PUMP his own threads!

5/26/20 8:45 PM
1/25/07

two year recession. Has nothing to do with MAGA, it would have happened to anyone.

Only thing Trump could have done is limit the costs associated with the outbreak which other countries have done sucessfully and honestly pretty easily.

Edited: 5/26/20 8:46 PM
1/25/07
VTCO -

It depends on what policies Biden will put in place, and it also largely depends on what moves he will make within his first 100 days.

I think he is very pragmatic in his approach to economic recovery, but it will probably be around 2 years or so into his first term before you see a real comeback, and a lot of that will be contingent on more stimulus to small businesses.

lol luckily Biden has a playbook he inherited from Obama.

This is beginning to become a trend. GOP -> recession -> DNC -> fixes it -> repeat 

5/26/20 9:35 PM
1/1/01

Shit's fucked

5/26/20 9:51 PM
9/13/08
jcblass -

Hospitality and tourism will make a very slow rebound. It’s an industry driven on consumer confidence, and there will be a great deal of trepidation about going to a theme park, crowded event, cruise, etc for probably at least a year. 

The best frame of reference we have for a industry-wide disruption was the airline industry, post 9/11. It took nearly 2 years before we started to see the industry rebound to pre-event levels. It probably won’t be any different for Hospitality/Tourism.