PoliticalGround Mueller Giving Tony Podesta Immunity.

7/19/18 8:44 PM
8/1/13

If there was a shred of doubt in anyone's mind that this investigation isn't biased and corrupt, look no further than Mueller giving another Clinton confidant immunity.

Can't say I'm the least bit shocked

7/19/18 8:48 PM
1/1/01
are you surprised?
7/19/18 8:50 PM
8/1/13
cruedi - are you surprised?

Maybe a little, since the corruption is so balntant.

7/19/18 8:50 PM
2/4/09

Confirmed anywhere else yet?

7/19/18 8:55 PM
8/29/09

Would that maybe mean he’s rolling on Hilldog?

Why else would this be happening outside of corruption?  

7/19/18 8:55 PM
10/17/06

Cry me a river comrade.....triggered.

Maga

7/19/18 8:58 PM
8/1/13
Bad Monkey -

Would that maybe mean he’s rolling on Hilldog?

Why else would this be happening outside of corruption?  

No way. Hillary's a ghost. They want him to roll on Manafort. They had some business dealings together.

7/19/18 9:02 PM
8/1/13
Ill Portents - But Tucker PREVIOUSLY informed us that a source that was known and credible to Tucker confirmed that Podesta and Hillary were the actual targets of the Mueller investigation????

Post source or tweet?

7/19/18 9:11 PM
8/1/13
Ill Portents -
camicom - 
Ill Portents - But Tucker PREVIOUSLY informed us that a source that was known and credible to Tucker confirmed that Podesta and Hillary were the actual targets of the Mueller investigation????

Post source or tweet?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/25/tucker_carlson_source_podesta_brothers_and_manafort_not_trump_central_figures_in_mueller_probe.html

Now that I read the article, he isn't completely wrong. Manfort is definitely a target, Trump has never been a target up to this point. That leaves Podesta. Likely never a target. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

7/19/18 9:14 PM
1/1/01

It’s limited immunity, so it only covers anything said at trial

and if he’s been cooperative it’s likely a precursor to a plea agreement

7/19/18 9:15 PM
8/1/13
Pratty -

It’s limited immunity, so it only covers anything said at trial

and if he’s been cooperative it’s likely a precursor to a plea agreement

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited: 7/19/18 9:31 PM
12/5/17

The Sanders' campaign guy you mentioned earlier might be another. Vin Weber (Mercury LLC) was head of another lobbying firm working with Manafort in Ukraine and is likely a third.

This is for testimony in trial. These witnesses were asked to provide testimony, and they allegedly chose to take the 5th unless they were granted immunity.

Rosenstein also mentioned earlier today speaking at the Aspen Security Forum, and announcing a new DOJ report in response to the election, that they are going to be focusing on FARA charges and applying them aggressively to counter 'malign foreign influence'. This is one of the best things to emerge from the special counsel imho.

7/19/18 9:29 PM
12/5/17

It was suspected that both Weber and Podesta were cooperating long ago. It looks like they want to limit their criminal exposure though, which is not a bad move. & while Mueller isn't going to charge them -- they aren't involved at all with the campaign or the election that he is charged to investigate, he could refer that elsewhere, and the DOJ looks to be taking it seriously now.

7/19/18 9:31 PM
11/28/09

I'm pooping at an airport. 

7/19/18 9:55 PM
8/1/13
NotForgetGayJesus -

lol

7/19/18 10:02 PM
2/19/14
NotForgetGayJesus -

Is it in San Francisco ?

7/19/18 10:11 PM
6/4/06
Didn't Podesta have a big interest in a company called Joule in Russia and put it in daughter's name iirc prior to becoming head of DNC? What is his connection to Manafort?
7/19/18 10:17 PM
12/5/17
DaddyO4 - Didn't Podesta have a big interest in a company called Joule in Russia and put it in daughter's name iirc prior to becoming head of DNC? What is his connection to Manafort?

The connection to this investigation is that his lobbying firm and another (Mercury LLC) were named in the Manafort indictment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/powerful-lobbyist-tony-podesta-steps-down-amid-muellers-russia-probe/2017/10/30/082a5e42-bd9f-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?utm_term=.7556c813bde7

"Tony's Podesta Group is one of two firms described in Monday's indictment as having been recruited by Manafort and Gates to lobby on behalf of Viktor Yanukovych, the former president of Ukraine who fled to Moscow in 2014, according to people familiar with the company's involvement. Federal prosecutors have accused Manafort of creating a scheme to mislead the government about his secret work for a Ukrainian political leader.

Both the Podesta Group and the other firm, Mercury Public Affairs, have said they were hired to lobby for a European nonprofit based in Brussels trying to polish Ukraine's image in the West. But behind the scenes, prosecutors allege, the real client was a political party led by the former Ukraine president, who was friendly with Russia...

...Tony Podesta has been a pivotal figure in the murky connections between policy and politics, becoming wealthy on fees from industries and foreign entities that want something from Congress and the White House. He also bundles big donations and dispenses them to politicians who might someday be helpful to those lobbying clients."

Tony resigned shortly after the Manafort indictment dropped.

7/19/18 10:18 PM
4/24/07
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
DaddyO4 - Didn't Podesta have a big interest in a company called Joule in Russia and put it in daughter's name iirc prior to becoming head of DNC? What is his connection to Manafort?

The connection to this investigation is that his lobbying firm and another (Mercury LLC) were named in the Manafort indictment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/powerful-lobbyist-tony-podesta-steps-down-amid-muellers-russia-probe/2017/10/30/082a5e42-bd9f-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?utm_term=.7556c813bde7

"Tony's Podesta Group is one of two firms described in Monday's indictment as having been recruited by Manafort and Gates to lobby on behalf of Viktor Yanukovych, the former president of Ukraine who fled to Moscow in 2014, according to people familiar with the company's involvement. Federal prosecutors have accused Manafort of creating a scheme to mislead the government about his secret work for a Ukrainian political leader.

Both the Podesta Group and the other firm, Mercury Public Affairs, have said they were hired to lobby for a European nonprofit based in Brussels trying to polish Ukraine's image in the West. But behind the scenes, prosecutors allege, the real client was a political party led by the former Ukraine president, who was friendly with Russia...

...Tony Podesta has been a pivotal figure in the murky connections between policy and politics, becoming wealthy on fees from industries and foreign entities that want something from Congress and the White House. He also bundles big donations and dispenses them to politicians who might someday be helpful to those lobbying clients."

Tony resigned shortly after the Manafort indictment dropped.

Beat me to it
7/19/18 10:28 PM
1/1/01

If manafort pleads guilty, no need to give Podesta immunity, right?

Why wasn't Podesta charged, and Manafort? 

Why do the DNC always get away with it?

7/19/18 10:31 PM
8/1/13
Doomsday -

Manafort is not going to plead guilty. It's reported that the investigation is in the final stages, and Mueller needs a big scalp to show that the investigation wasn''t a waste of tax payers money. My guess, they throw the book at Manafort knowing Trump will pardon him.

7/19/18 10:44 PM
12/5/17
camicom - 
Doomsday -

Manafort is not going to plead guilty. It's reported that the investigation is in the final stages, and Mueller needs a big scalp to show that the investigation wasn''t a waste of tax payers money. My guess, they throw the book at Manafort knowing Trump will pardon him.

Why are you guessing? Manafort was first indicted in October of last year.

Podesta isn't charged because this special counsel is assigned to investigate the Trump campaign for any coordination with Russia, and any crimes that arise as the result of the investigation per the appointment document.

In the Manafort case -- they have been arguing for nearly 9 months about the legitimacy of the special counsel, and their authority to charge a crime like those dealing with Manafort's non-campaign work in Ukraine. Mueller has won those pre-trial motions, but it would be much harder to do that if charging Podesta (who was not affiliated with the campaign whatsoever, so you then have to argue why you are charging someone who didn't commit the crime during the campaign, but who wasn't even a part of it).

But as I mentioned -- the DOJ claims that they are going to pursue FARA violations aggressively to combat foreign influence going forward, so you could see Podesta charged outside of the special counsel potentially. That likely would have already happened though.

7/19/18 10:44 PM
3/1/10

TONY

7/19/18 10:49 PM
10/2/06

Mueller is tightening that noose around Manafort until his head pops. 

Podesta bros had business deals with Manafort years ago.

I bet the "immunity" is "testify in court of his wrong doings, and we will only give you a slight peepee slap.

7/19/18 10:54 PM
12/5/17
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

Mueller is tightening that noose around Manafort until his head pops. 

Podesta bros had business deals with Manafort years ago.

I bet the "immunity" is "testify in court of his wrong doings, and we will only give you a slight peepee slap.

I’m among the people who don’t think Manafort is being given an opportunity to flip. 

I could be dead wrong. His first of two trials starts in less than a week though. I don’t think they could get much from Manafort that they haven’t already gotten from Gates’ cooperation.

Imo he faces both trials and looks for a pardon if convicted.