PoliticalGround Official Zimmerman/Trayvon trial thread...

6/12/13 4:32 PM
1/1/01
Shogun of Harlem - The sad thing is, he will be found not guilty and then some form of violence will erupt.

The majority of my black friends already think Zimmerman is guilty.

The MSM created this controversy before the trial even started. They had Zimmerman convicted of being a racist.

Personally, Zimmerman is an idiot.

And you can bet the press will be right there to push it along.  They could have 10 black jurors and only 2 white jurors.  If they get an innocent verdict, you can get the press would be saying that a jury containing white jurors failed to find Zimmerman guilty of killing a black child minding his own business.

6/12/13 4:52 PM
1/1/01

Except he may not have pled if he has the evidence on his side.

6/12/13 5:33 PM
12/2/05
What is this now? Are they just making statements to the press from inside the courtroom?
6/12/13 5:43 PM
1/1/01
I have not really followed the case and I don't know much about Florida law, but wouldn't bringing a gun to a fist fight (regardless of who threw the first punch or stand your ground laws) be considered an imperfect self defense; thus, mitigating 2nd degree murder to involuntary manslaughter?

Doesn't the threat of serious bodily injury have to be subjectively believed by Zimmerman - but objectively be viewed as reasonable by the ave reasonable person?
6/12/13 7:11 PM
12/2/05
bjjdna - I have not really followed the case and I don't know much about Florida law, but wouldn't bringing a gun to a fist fight (regardless of who threw the first punch or stand your ground laws) be considered an imperfect self defense; thus, mitigating 2nd degree murder to involuntary manslaughter?

Doesn't the threat of serious bodily injury have to be subjectively believed by Zimmerman - but objectively be viewed as reasonable by the ave reasonable person?

His claim is Trayvon had him on the ground and was slamming his head into the concrete. That is objectively likely to cause great bodily harm or death. Unless the State can show his story is false beyond a reasonable doubt, I don't see how the jury can find it isn't self defense.
6/12/13 7:25 PM
11/21/02
SwampRocker - it'll be a hung jury (well partial hung jury).

Good Point. If its a hung jury then he will get the death penalty
6/12/13 8:30 PM
11/29/05
Dead Again - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

Sit black jurors and they will almost always vote in favor of the black party involved.

The rub is if you don't sit enough black jurors you can get the verdict changed on that alone. 

Zimmerman is going to be found guilty because of white guilt basically. That and fear of black people. 

It would be a travesty if he was found guilty.  I think he did some stupid shit that night but ultimately he shot trayvon in self defense.   When the story first broke, based on the info the media was putting out (msnbc in particular), I thought the opposite.  I thought zim went out that night to to find himself a darkie to shoot, but after the facts came out, after the truth came out about tre tre and his past and his extracurricular activities and his propensity for violence, I think zim acted stupidly but the actual shooting was in self defense.  

I think it's hilarious that you cry about a police state, whine about people knocking on your door to tell you about religion but have no problem with a complete stranger being armed and stalking you from the store to your home and wquestioning you on what you were doing even though that person has no authority over you.

Please never complain about a police state ever again, since freedom really isn't something you are fond of.

This is just dumb!!

He was someplace he didnt belong  Fact!!

Get the fuck outta here with the whole "stalking " bullshit....

6/12/13 8:31 PM
12/2/05
Doesn't freedom mean being to free to ask anyone in public anything you want and that person being free to ignore you?
6/12/13 8:36 PM
4/7/10
I see no way Zimmerman could be convicted unless there is major evidence that hasn't been made public. Phone Post
6/12/13 8:50 PM
6/13/10
bjjdna - I have not really followed the case and I don't know much about Florida law, but wouldn't bringing a gun to a fist fight (regardless of who threw the first punch or stand your ground laws) be considered an imperfect self defense; thus, mitigating 2nd degree murder to involuntary manslaughter?

I would ALWAYS bring a gun to a fist fight! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 8:58 PM
12/2/05
ksac - 
Fake Pie - Doesn't freedom mean being to free to ask anyone in public anything you want and that person being free to ignore you?

Not necessarily. You're free to ask anything you want to the point of harassment. You're free to ignore anyone except when lawfully commanded by authority. Neither of those points apply here, but there are limits; it's not absolute freedom.

Was raising it in the context at hand.
6/12/13 9:01 PM
1/1/01

"You're free to ignore anyone except when lawfully commanded by authority. Neither of those points apply here"

Why wasn't Martin able to ignore Zimmerman?  

6/12/13 9:05 PM
9/28/12
Don't give a fuck. The only reason you ever heard of this is because some faggoty leftist working at NBC saw the name of the shooter and the name of the victim and was hoping he could write a story about an evil goose-stepping neo-nazi murdering an innocent black child.
6/12/13 9:07 PM
11/29/09
ksac -  Lol @ white guilt in the south. Maybe it's hiding behind all that racism. Phone Post

Only Racism in the south is the Black's in the city's being racist against any other skin color.
6/12/13 9:29 PM
12/2/05
Dead Again - 
MainelyBJJ - 
Dead Again - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

Sit black jurors and they will almost always vote in favor of the black party involved.

The rub is if you don't sit enough black jurors you can get the verdict changed on that alone. 

Zimmerman is going to be found guilty because of white guilt basically. That and fear of black people. 

It would be a travesty if he was found guilty.  I think he did some stupid shit that night but ultimately he shot trayvon in self defense.   When the story first broke, based on the info the media was putting out (msnbc in particular), I thought the opposite.  I thought zim went out that night to to find himself a darkie to shoot, but after the facts came out, after the truth came out about tre tre and his past and his extracurricular activities and his propensity for violence, I think zim acted stupidly but the actual shooting was in self defense.  

I think it's hilarious that you cry about a police state, whine about people knocking on your door to tell you about religion but have no problem with a complete stranger being armed and stalking you from the store to your home and wquestioning you on what you were doing even though that person has no authority over you.

Please never complain about a police state ever again, since freedom really isn't something you are fond of.

This is just dumb!!

He was out in public, walking home from the store.

Where exactly was this place that he "didn't belong".

You know what though, maybe you're right. Maybe the NSA is right, because we need to know what everyone is doing. We need to know what Trayvon is posting online so we can know if he's a danger that needs to be eliminated.

You Zimmerman guys make a strong case for freedom being some shit that we can just disregard.

I;m sure that if you were walking home from the store and I pulled you over, you would have zero problem answering my questions and staying put while we waited for the cops that I called to check your ID, maybe do a quick search to make sure you're on the up and up. We can even pull up your social media, your posting habits to check what kind of person you are.

Yeah, fuck freedom.

" I;m sure that if you were walking home from the store and I pulled you over, you would have zero problem answering my questions and staying put while we waited for the cops that I called to check your ID, maybe do a quick search to make sure you're on the up and up. We can even pull up your social media, your posting habits to check what kind of person you are."

Zimmerman did which of those things?
6/12/13 10:00 PM
11/29/05
Dead Again - 
Fake Pie -
" I;m sure that if you were walking home from the store and I pulled you over, you would have zero problem answering my questions and staying put while we waited for the cops that I called to check your ID, maybe do a quick search to make sure you're on the up and up. We can even pull up your social media, your posting habits to check what kind of person you are."

Zimmerman didn't do anything of that. He's a hero. Although, he should be able to follow anyone he wants whenever he wants. Just like anyone should be able to follow you, just like anyone should be able to check on your activities to see what kind of person you are.

But I digress, what do you think happened that night? Zimmerman was walking around, taking in the nights air when Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and attacked him right?

Gated community

Rash of recent break ins in said community

Tray Tray hanging out under a gazebo at a pool that was closed.

Those  three things justify Zimmerman asking Tray what he was doing.

And yes after Tray Tray got "away" he came back to see "whats up"  this has been proven through lie detector tests and Zimmermans account of the altercation, he jumped Zimmerman and attacked him!

I cant wait for the facts to come out and watch the libratards around here go silent

6/12/13 10:09 PM
1/1/01
Dead Again - 
Trust - 

"You're free to ignore anyone except when lawfully commanded by authority. Neither of those points apply here"

Same reason Zimmerman wasn't able to ignore Martin...freedom. We have to get rid of it.

Ok, I think I misunderstood what you were saying, then.  

6/12/13 10:16 PM
6/27/10
IN

It's honestly refreshing to see some of the names that were arguing in favor of Tray Tray change their minds. I think it shows that while I think some of you were total douchers, you're really not total douchers this whole time.

I'm damn proud to be an OG'er right now.
6/12/13 10:17 PM
12/2/05
Why do you keep bringing up stuff I'm not saying at all? Phone Post
6/12/13 10:54 PM
7/12/03
Dead Again - 
MainelyBJJ - 
Dead Again - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

This is just dumb!!

He was out in public, walking home from the store.

Where exactly was this place that he "didn't belong".

You know what though, maybe you're right. Maybe the NSA is right, because we need to know what everyone is doing. We need to know what Trayvon is posting online so we can know if he's a danger that needs to be eliminated.

You Zimmerman guys make a strong case for freedom being some shit that we can just disregard.

I;m sure that if you were walking home from the store and I pulled you over, you would have zero problem answering my questions and staying put while we waited for the cops that I called to check your ID, maybe do a quick search to make sure you're on the up and up. We can even pull up your social media, your posting habits to check what kind of person you are.

Yeah, fuck freedom.

You can stop me and ask all the questions you want. I will walk away everytime. I guess though if I decide to whip your ass you could shoot me.
6/12/13 10:56 PM
7/12/03
Dead Again - 
Trust - 

Same reason Zimmerman wasn't able to ignore Martin...freedom. We have to get rid of it.

Kind of hard to ignore someone on you banging your head into the ground.
6/12/13 10:57 PM
11/29/09
MainelyBJJ - 
Dead Again - 
Fake Pie -

Zimmerman didn't do anything of that. He's a hero. Although, he should be able to follow anyone he wants whenever he wants. Just like anyone should be able to follow you, just like anyone should be able to check on your activities to see what kind of person you are.

But I digress, what do you think happened that night? Zimmerman was walking around, taking in the nights air when Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and attacked him right?

Gated community

Rash of recent break ins in said community

Tray Tray hanging out under a gazebo at a pool that was closed.

Those  three things justify Zimmerman asking Tray what he was doing.

And yes after Tray Tray got "away" he came back to see "whats up"  this has been proven through lie detector tests and Zimmermans account of the altercation, he jumped Zimmerman and attacked him!

I cant wait for the facts to come out and watch the libratards around here go silent

This
6/12/13 11:23 PM
5/4/12
I think a lesser manslaughter charge should be instituted but hey if he is found innocent then that's what It will be he will have his day in court just like any of us would. Gonna interesting to watch and unfold

He is seriously one dumb mother fucker tho Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 12:56 AM
5/14/10
If he IS found guilty, me and the boys from my tennis club are going to cause quite a stink about it! Brent, Spencer, and I will cruise through town attacking minorities in Brent's BMW cabriolet! Watch out for water balloons, you ancestrally impaired ninny-muggins!
6/13/13 1:38 AM
7/4/10
Sub Phone Post