S&C UnderGround 30 day Kettlebell Challenge starting Monday 4/30

7/9/18 3:00 PM
10/16/13

100 SCP along with 100 sit-ups and 50 chin-ups made for a nice lunch hour workout.  Feels great!

7/9/18 3:56 PM
5/28/02

How many sets on the chinups?

starting the program over again today, still with 35 lb kettelbell

7/9/18 4:30 PM
10/16/13
microbiologynerd -

How many sets on the chinups?

starting the program over again today, still with 35 lb kettelbell

I usually shoot for sets of 10 chin-ups but I was doing sets of 10 SCP and I wanted an equal number of sets for everything so I was doing 10 SCP, 10 decline sit-ups and 5 chin-ups.  There is no way I would have been able to bang out 10 sets of 10 chin-ups with the other exercises in a half hour. 

I’m borderline ocd on some of these set number issues etc. Haha

7/10/18 12:42 PM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -
TheMMAn -
Burt Macklin FBI -

When this 30 is over I’m starting simple

and sinister.  

I think i'm gonna re-run this program, but go to the bigger KB on the CSPs and TGUs.

100 SCP done.  

I’m going to increase my weight on the TGUs when I get to S and S. I’ve gone very light as my form was awful the first round of the thundergut challenge 

After this challenge I am gonna take a week long break from KBs. I am finally getting sick of them LOL.

Keep grinding dudes.

7/10/18 8:53 PM
10/16/13

Final set of TGUs for round 2 of the Thundergut challenge for me.  Just CSP and 100 swings left for this round 

7/10/18 11:03 PM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -

Final set of TGUs for round 2 of the Thundergut challenge for me.  Just CSP and 100 swings left for this round 

Awesome job.

Good luck with S&S (keep us updated please). I think you're gonna be surprised by how prepared you are for it.

7/10/18 11:26 PM
4/17/18
ChazThundergut - 

Does anyone else want to join me to get into shape? I could use the motivation/ accountability.

Very simple, very quick. Every morning, you do a short kettlebell workout (outlined below) to start out the day.

Here is how it will be structured:

Monday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Tuesday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Wednesday: 100 Swings

Thursday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Friday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Saturday: 100 Swings

Sunday: REST

There are three kettlebell workouts, and each day you rotate. On day four, you go back to workout 1. Sunday you rest. Very simple.

Workout 1:

100 Clean/ Squat/ Press. You start with a clean into rack position => hold it in rack as you do a deep squat => when you straighten up from the squat you do an overhead press with the kettlebell. Go on youtube if you don't know what this is. I do ten on the left side, ten on the right, for one set of 20. Repeat for 5 sets. 20 x 5 = 100.

Workout 2:

20 Turkish Get-Ups

Workout 3:

100 Kettlebell Swings. 25 x 4 = 100.

And that's it. I will be using a 24 kg/ 53 lb kettlebell, but if you are just starting you might want to use a 35 lb kettlebell or lighter. Does anyone want to join me for this challenge? I am going to start on Monday.

This should be great for your vagina.
7/11/18 2:53 PM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -

Awesome job.

Good luck with S&S (keep us updated please). I think you're gonna be surprised by how prepared you are for it.

100 kb swings done.  

Thanks Chaz!  I think I’m going to take a run at the Thundergut 2 challenge for a month before my holidays start and then pick up S&S in Sept when I get back. 

No question that adding these exercises to my normal routine has helped. 

7/11/18 2:58 PM
4/27/15
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -
TheMMAn -
Burt Macklin FBI -

When this 30 is over I’m starting simple

and sinister.  

I think i'm gonna re-run this program, but go to the bigger KB on the CSPs and TGUs.

100 SCP done.  

I’m going to increase my weight on the TGUs when I get to S and S. I’ve gone very light as my form was awful the first round of the thundergut challenge 

After this challenge I am gonna take a week long break from KBs. I am finally getting sick of them LOL.

Keep grinding dudes.

Yeah - i'm taking a break before i start the next one

7/12/18 8:04 PM
10/16/13

I have reached the end in style.  CSP sets of 20 (10 each side) along with sets of 10 chin-ups (after I got mocked for my sets of 5 the other day. Ha) and some core work. 

Chaz I’m always down for another round of kb fun.  After a few days I’ll be launching 30 days of Thundergut 2 and I’ll keep you posted. 

Keep swinging fellas!

7/15/18 3:23 AM
6/6/16
TheMidnightXpress -
ChazThundergut - 

Does anyone else want to join me to get into shape? I could use the motivation/ accountability.

Very simple, very quick. Every morning, you do a short kettlebell workout (outlined below) to start out the day.

Here is how it will be structured:

Monday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Tuesday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Wednesday: 100 Swings

Thursday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Friday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Saturday: 100 Swings

Sunday: REST

There are three kettlebell workouts, and each day you rotate. On day four, you go back to workout 1. Sunday you rest. Very simple.

Workout 1:

100 Clean/ Squat/ Press. You start with a clean into rack position => hold it in rack as you do a deep squat => when you straighten up from the squat you do an overhead press with the kettlebell. Go on youtube if you don't know what this is. I do ten on the left side, ten on the right, for one set of 20. Repeat for 5 sets. 20 x 5 = 100.

Workout 2:

20 Turkish Get-Ups

Workout 3:

100 Kettlebell Swings. 25 x 4 = 100.

And that's it. I will be using a 24 kg/ 53 lb kettlebell, but if you are just starting you might want to use a 35 lb kettlebell or lighter. Does anyone want to join me for this challenge? I am going to start on Monday.

This should be great for your vagina.

It really has been.

My vagina has never been so thick, solid, and tight.

7/15/18 3:29 AM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -

I have reached the end in style.  CSP sets of 20 (10 each side) along with sets of 10 chin-ups (after I got mocked for my sets of 5 the other day. Ha) and some core work. 

Chaz I’m always down for another round of kb fun.  After a few days I’ll be launching 30 days of Thundergut 2 and I’ll keep you posted. 

Keep swinging fellas!

Great job dude.

I brought my KB to the beach today, and my buddy (who is doing the challenge along with me) and I did a full workout in the sand. Sprints and ocean swimming between sets.

Get after it.

7/19/18 8:21 PM
10/16/13

Oh wow that sounds awesome.  I ended my other program on Tues took yesterday off and just knocked out 3 rounds In the Thundergut 2challenge in 19 mins.  That’s a fun one!

keep swinging brother!

7/23/18 2:44 PM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -

Keep swinging fellas!

Great job dude.

I brought my KB to the beach today, and my buddy (who is doing the challenge along with me) and I did a full workout in the sand. Sprints and ocean swimming between sets.

Get after it.

Loving the Thundergut 2 challenge Chaz.  I’m doing it on alternating days with S&S.  it’s a lot of fun. 

7/24/18 10:23 AM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -

Keep swinging fellas!

Great job dude.

Get after it.

Loving the Thundergut 2 challenge Chaz.  I’m doing it on alternating days with S&S.  it’s a lot of fun. 

Keep it up Burt!

My buddy somehow snuck in some extra workouts and pulled ahead of me on the challenge, so yesterday I did extra sets to catch up. Ended up doing four days worth of workouts before I collapsed: 300 swings, 240 clean/ squat/ press, and 48 Turkish get-ups. Felt very powerful.

Gonna try to do a double workout today so I can officially wrap up this 30 day challenge.

Get after it!

7/24/18 8:32 PM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -

Keep swinging fellas!

Great job dude.

Get after it.

Keep it up Burt!

My buddy somehow snuck in some extra workouts and pulled ahead of me on the challenge, so yesterday I did extra sets to catch up. Ended up doing four days worth of workouts before I collapsed: 300 swings, 240 clean/ squat/ press, and 48 Turkish get-ups. Felt very powerful.

Gonna try to do a double workout today so I can officially wrap up this 30 day challenge.

Get after it!

Holy crap man you’re an animal.  I was all proud of myself doing your challenge and S&S yesterday.  You win!

so I did S&S properly today and it was a way better workout.  I got all the TGU’s done in 6 mins which was cool.  My goal will be to do the 100 swings in 5 and the TGUs in 5. It’s a nice goal. 

Go get ‘em Thundergut!

7/25/18 1:40 PM
6/6/16

Officially done with that challenge. Jesus Christ I am sick of Kettlebells LOL

Burt check out this video I thought you might like it:

https://youtu.be/7qNGWjDzxpQ

7/25/18 2:30 PM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -

Thanks for forwarding this.  Gotta love Jocko!

I actually think I’m getting a bit of a kettlebell addiction.  I am using a 45 lb kB for my TGUs now. Which is a huge increase from where I started.  I’m loving the grind. 

Thanks again for setting up the challenge Chaz. There is no question it motivated me to make some changes that are making a very positive impact on my fitness!

7/25/18 7:59 PM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -
ChazThundergut -

I actually think I’m getting a bit of a kettlebell addiction.  I am using a 45 lb kB for my TGUs now. Which is a huge increase from where I started.  I’m loving the grind. 

Thanks again for setting up the challenge Chaz. There is no question it motivated me to make some changes that are making a very positive impact on my fitness!

Oh yea I am totally in love with Kettlebells. I can't imagine that I'll ever go back to doing bench presses and lat pulldowns at a gym when I've got 53 lbs of good iron loving waiting for me. I am a kettlebell fiend for life.

But I definitely need a break. In a couple days I will be back to her don't worry.

Next challenge is two parts: alternating 30 pullups a day & 100 pushups a day for 30 days. At the same time, we have a flat Rep Challenge for Swings and TGU. I wanted a challenge that I could just grind on when I feel like it, and not do the same kettlebell stuff every single day. So what we're doing is a flat rep challenge of 1,000 Turkish Get Ups and 5,000 Swings. We've got 30 days to do all the reps.

Does this sound like something you'd want to jump on? You could count all your Swings and TGU from S&S towards the Rep Challenge...

Anyways either way you are killing it dude. Thanks for participating and the encouragement this has been wild and fun!

Keep getting after it!

7/25/18 10:30 PM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -
Burt Macklin FBI -
ChazThundergut -

Oh yea I am totally in love with Kettlebells. I can't imagine that I'll ever go back to doing bench presses and lat pulldowns at a gym when I've got 53 lbs of good iron loving waiting for me. I am a kettlebell fiend for life.

But I definitely need a break. In a couple days I will be back to her don't worry.

Next challenge is two parts: alternating 30 pullups a day & 100 pushups a day for 30 days. At the same time, we have a flat Rep Challenge for Swings and TGU. I wanted a challenge that I could just grind on when I feel like it, and not do the same kettlebell stuff every single day. So what we're doing is a flat rep challenge of 1,000 Turkish Get Ups and 5,000 Swings. We've got 30 days to do all the reps.

Does this sound like something you'd want to jump on? You could count all your Swings and TGU from S&S towards the Rep Challenge...

Anyways either way you are killing it dude. Thanks for participating and the encouragement this has been wild and fun!

Keep getting after it!

Absolutely I’d be in for a challenge like that. It’s 33 TGUs and 167 swings a day.  That’s awesome!  My only challenge is I’m on the road for vacation for about 2 weeks, but all but 5 days I can drag some kbs with me.  Sign me up and let me know the start date 

whats funny is I’m doing something similar now. One day I do 50 chin-ups and 100 sit-ups in addition to my kettlebell work; day 2 is 100 push-ups and 5 one minute planks and day 3 is “leg day” (ha) all combined with alternating your second challenge and S&S.  

7/27/18 12:24 AM
10/16/13

Another round of S&S in the bank tonight.  I’m enjoying it.  I think my weight on the swings might be a bit too high for me but I’m really trying to push it. Keep swinging guys

7/27/18 1:13 PM
6/6/16

Alright Burt the start date is tomorrow (Sat 7/28)!

30 day challenge: alternating pushups and pullups.

Day 1: 100 pushups

Day 2: 30 pullups

(you can do different types to mix it up- different grips, different pushup positions, etc. The most important thing is good form)

Kettlebell Rep Challenge:

1000 Turkish Get Ups

5000 Swings

7/28/18 10:52 AM
10/16/13
ChazThundergut -

Alright Burt the start date is tomorrow (Sat 7/28)!

30 day challenge: alternating pushups and pullups.

Day 1: 100 pushups

Day 2: 30 pullups

(you can do different types to mix it up- different grips, different pushup positions, etc. The most important thing is good form)

Kettlebell Rep Challenge:

1000 Turkish Get Ups

5000 Swings

Hey man gave you a follow on ig.  I’ll take a run at this one.  Not going to lie it’s going to be a real challenge as I’m on the road a ton this next month but it’s not a challenge if you know you can do it.  It’ll be good for my workout ocd to do something completely different. It’s on!!!

7/28/18 1:59 PM
10/16/13

Ok brother 200 swings, 40 TGU’s, 100 push-ups and a 10 km run. That’s a decent Saturday morning. Now it’s time to clean up and get ready for a roughrider win tonight. 

7/28/18 9:26 PM
6/6/16
Burt Macklin FBI -

Ok brother 200 swings, 40 TGU’s, 100 push-ups and a 10 km run. That’s a decent Saturday morning. Now it’s time to clean up and get ready for a roughrider win tonight. 

I saw that. You are starting out strong dude keep it up!