1/5/17 10:14 AM
1/1/01
So I bought an old one off of Craigslist for 200 bucks over the holidays...And initially I balked at the price but realized it was built like a tank when I saw it.

I was looking for some home cardio device to use cause with a new baby its hard to hit the gym before or after work.....This along with some kettlebells is my solution to this problem.

So I hopped on it this morning to do some takus intervals that I've been progressing through at the gym on the elliptical. Holy crap it's a whole different animal....Killed me in ways takus never have....I quit through my rest period at the end cause I thought I might puke.

My favorite piece of home gym equipment by far. Anyone see use one and have any routines that they want to share? Gonna get a lot of use out of this I think.
1/5/17 11:33 AM
3/5/14

He's my routine.  Pedal really hard until your legs dont work anymore, then play a game where you actually try to walk up and down stairs without collapsing.  Good luck.

1/5/17 11:11 PM
1/1/01
Hurtsogood -

He's my routine.  Pedal really hard until your legs dont work anymore, then play a game where you actually try to walk up and down stairs without collapsing.  Good luck.

That's the routine I did this morning....Gonna do it again tomorrow
1/14/17 6:22 PM
9/13/05

After my squat workouts, I hit 8 rounds of tabatas on my Airdyne.  Brutal, but by far the best pump in my quads I've done.

1/15/17 10:58 AM
8/20/05
Great all around piece of equipment not matter what your fitness level is. It'll kick the shit out of you, and I don't down see how you could possibly injure yourself on one.
1/15/17 4:24 PM
1/1/01
I recently got an ASSAULT AIR BIKE....it an Airdyne on steroids suppossedly
1/25/17 5:00 PM
8/5/13
Sgt. Slaphead - I recently got an ASSAULT AIR BIKE....it an Airdyne on steroids suppossedly
How do you like it? I want to get one soon.
1/25/17 7:33 PM
1/1/01

It sucks....BAD! ;p

I throw a HR monitor on and ramp my HR to 85% fr 15-20mins, or I do intervals....fuggin really sucks! I started to check my HR recovery occasionally, last week I hit 175 and stopped....feet on the pegs and arms on my thighs @1min I was at 141 and @ 2min I was at 121. According to some references I'm "good" or "excellent". A couple points improvemnt over the past 2 times I did a check. I dunno how good it is, but I figure a baseline of 30bpm@1/50bpm@2 is a good to judge improvemnt.

20 mins is my limit for attention span on it. I move on to hitting a few movements on the TRX mostly the last couple months. When my shoulder feels better I'll hit kettlebells again.

It really is a good low stress body workout, I have shoulder, hip, neck, knee and ankle issues and the bike makes a good intense workout w/o too much stress on joints. It is solidly built, I wish the readout was illuminated, I workout 2 or 3 times a week early morning while still dark. I wish it had more fan blades to make it even harder to move, so I could have lower RPMs......I think I'd like having more ressistance even though it is kinda hard already. Not sure if that would be good, but I'd like to try it. I don't know how it compares to an Airdyne, but internet users seem to say it is harder.

Edited: 12/23/18 12:11 AM
3/13/05

Love my airdyne. 5 minute steady state into 10 minutes of 30 second sprints followed by 5 minutes of steady state back into another 10 minutes of 30 second sprints again.