S&C UnderGround Best all around training shoes?

1/10/14 9:12 AM
8/1/09
I hate having 3 different pairs of shoes for different types of workouts. Running, Olympic lifts, and agility work outs. My gym bag is already slammed with gi's, gloves, wraps, tape, and all kinds of other shit. It Sucks trying to remember all that and the right shoes. I do a variation of exercise days that range from running a couple miles and interval weight training, to Olympic lifts on strength days, to full agility/conditioning days that involve drills for speed, flexibility, and agility.

Is there a shoe that i can put some miles on, that doesn't have a huge heal raise, that can also support agility stuff like sprints, suicide runs, and other drills on the court or field? Or does it really not make a difference? I hate squatting in running shoes and I feel like I'm gonna break my ankle on the court. But I can't run in flat soled shoes or make it thru a day on the court. Am I being a bitch? Or is their a cross training shoe that works for petty much all situations? Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 10:20 AM
1/1/01

You can try a minimalist shoe.  Most shoe manufacturers have one now.  Something like the Nike Free, Inov-8 makes a few, Eric Cressey endorses the New Balance MX20V3, etc....

If that doesn't work I think you'll have to lug around multiple pairs of shoes or deal with the faults of whatever you happen to be wearing.

1/10/14 11:42 AM
8/1/09
Awesome thanks I'll check em out. I'm contemplating wearing wrestling shoes for everything.... Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:05 PM
4/15/10
I wear a Nike Free Trainers for everything except the main lifts. They're pretty versatile, tough, and give me enough support to do any activity I want. Hundreds of color combos too, if that matters at all to you. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:12 PM
11/14/02
you do mma and strength and conditioning all in the same workout?
1/10/14 1:54 PM
8/1/09
AdrianK - you do mma and strength and conditioning all in the same workout?
No. I work out on my lunch break from work and usually go right to bjj after work. So I pack one big bag. But my workouts are different during the day and class at the Mma gym are different at night. So I have to pack different stuff all the time. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 10:07 AM
4/20/06
New Balance Minimus are amazing. Found a pair in brown leather on amazon with vibram soles so they work well in the gym or at work. My next shoe may be vivo bc they look similar. Performance with simple looks. Keep the neon off my shoes! Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 10:43 AM
12/22/07
I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this, but the Reebok Crossfit Nano is a pretty damn good shoe. It's got a bit of a heel raise and a fairly stiff sole, so it works for Oly lifts, squats, etc. But the upper is flexible and the shoe is pretty light. So it works for jumping rope, running, and so on.

They're not nearly as good as Oly shoes for lifting or minimalist shoes for running. But the Nano is the best middle-ground shoe I've found.

My one complaint is that the sole--specifically the instep--feels a little narrow. But I also wore Adidas Sambas as workout shoes for 15+ years, so I may be a bit biased towards a very wide instep.

3/16/17 5:31 PM
3/14/17

In my opinion is a New Balance.  I've been wearing this shoes for about 2 years now and love them.But you check out this  http://thecrossfitshoes.com/ and find something else more that will suit you.

3/17/17 6:10 AM
10/31/11

I've had two pairs of new balance Minimus'. They were fucking great shoes but they don't make the style I like anymore so now I wear Nike Metcons. I have the 2nd version and just bought the new ones (third version) last week. The heel on the V 2.0 is coming off but I still wear them at work. Good shoes, but kind of pricey. Pretty much a zero drop as well.  

9/8/17 5:24 AM
5/3/16
I have a few pairs of Nike Free and I find them an all round good shoe. I have worn them for years and you won't hear complaint from me
6/5/18 5:13 PM
6/15/09

I’ve tried most options and like Nike Metcons. Sole is thin and solid enough for lifting too (inc deads)

6/11/18 5:42 AM
5/3/16

I have worn Nike Free for years. Best ones on the market 

6/30/18 3:54 AM
5/3/16
fuzzislipperz - I wear a Nike Free Trainers for everything except the main lifts. They're pretty versatile, tough, and give me enough support to do any activity I want. Hundreds of color combos too, if that matters at all to you. Phone Post 3.0

This. I have worn these for years