S&C UnderGround Kettlebells to get strong

6/3/19 1:42 AM
9/8/13

does anyone here belive it would work if i got a horse mat stall and placed it in my apparment's balcony to use as my gym for my kettlebells. i have kg bells that are 16x2, 20x1,32x1, and 40x1 and planing on getting another 32 and 40. my girl wants to also put plants and a small table with a single chair in there also. the balcony is on the second story. i dont know exacty how big the balcony is but it looks like a normal sized balcony most apartments have. i know this is super vague but i was just hoping some of the ogers have expirence with KB and living in apartments.

6/4/19 2:29 PM
3/5/14
raging_rick86 -

does anyone here belive it would work if i got a horse mat stall and placed it in my apparment's balcony to use as my gym for my kettlebells. i have kg bells that are 16x2, 20x1,32x1, and 40x1 and planing on getting another 32 and 40. my girl wants to also put plants and a small table with a single chair in there also. the balcony is on the second story. i dont know exacty how big the balcony is but it looks like a normal sized balcony most apartments have. i know this is super vague but i was just hoping some of the ogers have expirence with KB and living in apartments.

Are you going to be dropping them or something?  If not, the horsestall mat should be ok and if you are on the balcony it shoudn't be too loud.  If you are dropping your shit and not just setting it down then I don't know what to tell you other than ask why are you dropping KB's in the first place.

6/4/19 5:17 PM
5/28/02

45 lb arrived. Mailman was not happy. Free amazon shipping though!

6/5/19 2:23 AM
9/8/13
Hurtsogood -
raging_rick86 -

Are you going to be dropping them or something?  If not, the horsestall mat should be ok and if you are on the balcony it shoudn't be too loud.  If you are dropping your shit and not just setting it down then I don't know what to tell you other than ask why are you dropping KB's in the first place.

I won’t be dropping them for the most part unless I fuck up. I have been going to a SF KB instructor for the last year so I learned to put them down safely. I also have a 10 lb rubber plate I use for KB DL and has worked well. Just seeing if anyone has done it. I feel like the horse mat and rubber plate should be enough along with not dropping weights. 

6/5/19 7:42 AM
7/16/15
microbiologynerd -

I had an 80 kb delivered to my house a couple weeks ago lol, poor mailmen.

6/5/19 9:01 AM
3/5/14
raging_rick86 -
Hurtsogood -
raging_rick86 -

I won’t be dropping them for the most part unless I fuck up. I have been going to a SF KB instructor for the last year so I learned to put them down safely. I also have a 10 lb rubber plate I use for KB DL and has worked well. Just seeing if anyone has done it. I feel like the horse mat and rubber plate should be enough along with not dropping weights. 

I have horse stall mats under my squat rack that I deadlift and do other various things on regularly, but its in my basement with no one underneath me.  It seems to be pretty good, but I can't speak to how well it would cushion sound with people living below you.  If you aren't dropping weights often I would assume it woulnd't be too bad.

6/5/19 9:10 AM
2/9/09
Hurtsogood -
raging_rick86 -
Hurtsogood -
raging_rick86 -

I have horse stall mats under my squat rack that I deadlift and do other various things on regularly, but its in my basement with no one underneath me.  It seems to be pretty good, but I can't speak to how well it would cushion sound with people living below you.  If you aren't dropping weights often I would assume it woulnd't be too bad.

This. Try not to drop the weight too often

6/5/19 9:12 AM
2/9/09
Bearhugger -
microbiologynerd -

Jesus lol. I remember when I first got into kettlebells I had such a hard time lifting a 16kg Kettlebell for the store to even scan it haha

6/5/19 9:18 AM
7/16/15
The Closed Guard -
Bearhugger -
microbiologynerd -

Jesus lol. I remember when I first got into kettlebells I had such a hard time lifting a 16kg Kettlebell for the store to even scan it haha

Yeah I got a 80 lb CAP kettlebell online from Walmart on sale for 70 bucks. 

The handles super thick, basically a thick bar which is nice for grip strength. The handles are t very wide though and I have bigger hands so i can’t really do two handed swings with it which is annoying. I do goblet squats and one arm bent over rows with it more than anything else, it’s nice having a heavy bell in my living room if I’m lazy and want to get some work n.

6/5/19 11:58 AM
5/28/02
Bearhugger -
The Closed Guard -
Bearhugger -
microbiologynerd -

The handles super thick, basically a thick bar which is nice for grip strength. The handles are t very wide though and I have bigger hands so i can’t really do two handed swings with it which is annoying. I do goblet squats and one arm bent over rows with it more than anything else, it’s nice having a heavy bell in my living room if I’m lazy and want to get some work n.

I bought a 100lb, no remorse for the mailman .....LOL

6/5/19 8:51 PM
7/16/15
baby-silverback -
Bearhugger -
The Closed Guard -
Bearhugger -
microbiologynerd -

I bought a 100lb, no remorse for the mailman .....LOL

Haha yeah I’ve got a 100 in a different location and used to have it in my living room in college lol.

Definitely awesome to have, the biggest one that I’ve seen in person is a 150 lb kb at a gym nearby me. The youtuber/gripster Jedd Johnson has a 200 lber I’ve seen videos of him doing goblet squats with, I’d kill to get a 200 lber. Basically a small atlas stone at that weight.

Theres also a hilarious video of Cain doing “swings” with a 200 lb kb. Needless to say it’s no wonder his body is shot.

6/9/19 10:06 AM
2/9/09

Anyone I can follow maybe on youtube that has full body workouts? Im looking for strength/conditioning/mobility stuff? 

6/11/19 6:25 PM
9/8/13
The Closed Guard -

Anyone I can follow maybe on youtube that has full body workouts? Im looking for strength/conditioning/mobility stuff? 

look no further. Look up simple and sinister. Follow Pavel Tsatsouline or strong first. 

6/12/19 3:27 PM
2/9/09
raging_rick86 -
The Closed Guard -

look no further. Look up simple and sinister. Follow Pavel Tsatsouline or strong first. 

Ive done simple and sinster years ago. MaybeI should do it again

6/13/19 8:14 AM
1/24/06

Simple and Sinister is surprisingly effective. I've been slowly getting into kettlebell sport and if anyone wants to feel soft check out Denis Vasilev on youtube. He throws 2 x 32kg bells around like their nothing.

7/14/19 12:11 PM
5/17/13

this is a pretty good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IzNfoXsOWs&list=PL2nyUFT4CaQk8mrlZCQrH1N_YvnrxPKBj

7/15/19 10:09 AM
5/28/02
Goodo -

Simple and Sinister is surprisingly effective. I've been slowly getting into kettlebell sport and if anyone wants to feel soft check out Denis Vasilev on youtube. He throws 2 x 32kg bells around like their nothing.

That's the Russian guy that basically juggles them right?

8/11/19 3:18 PM
5/17/13

Guys Im looking for something to help with conditioning but that will also keep me strong. I won’t be back on the mats (bjj) for about a month and I dont want to completely gas and turn into a piece of shit. Any suggestions? 

Also does Tom Lawler still post here? 

8/11/19 5:08 PM
5/28/02
GaspareBJJ -

Guys Im looking for something to help with conditioning but that will also keep me strong. I won’t be back on the mats (bjj) for about a month and I dont want to completely gas and turn into a piece of shit. Any suggestions? 

500 swing workout 3 times a week

8/12/19 6:55 AM
5/17/13
baby-silverback -
GaspareBJJ -

500 swing workout 3 times a week

That sounds exhausting lol 

8/12/19 9:06 AM
3/5/14
GaspareBJJ -

Just lift in complexes or giant sets to keep your heart rate high while lifting and do some sprints or burpees at the end of your workout to redline yourself. Pretty simple and effective.

8/15/19 4:59 PM
6/5/12
Hurtsogood -
GaspareBJJ -

Just lift in complexes or giant sets to keep your heart rate high while lifting and do some sprints or burpees at the end of your workout to redline yourself. Pretty simple and effective.

Does anyone here do only complexes? 

8/25/19 9:41 PM
5/17/13
Hurtsogood -
GaspareBJJ -

Now that I think about it I think I have one of Keith Webers programs. That guy is an endurance machine

Edited: 10/4/19 11:53 AM
5/17/13

Anyone still working with bells? 

I had a little program written for me, in it he has me doing racked walks/carries forward and backwards. Its pretty brutal 

10/4/19 1:34 PM
3/5/14
GaspareBJJ -

Anyone still working with bells? 

I had a little program written for me, in it he has me doing racked walks/carries forward and backwards. Its pretty brutal 

I'll throw some heavy swings in after squatting heavy and use some bells for some overhead pressing as I like the free range of motion each bell gives me if my shoulders are feeling beat up from barbell pressing. 

Havent been using them a ton recently, but I'll throw in some complex work if I want to ramp my conditioning up a bit.