S&C UnderGround Kettlebells to get strong

12/25/19 10:57 AM
5/17/13
Hurtsogood -
GaspareBJJ -

Anyone still working with bells? 

I had a little program written for me, in it he has me doing racked walks/carries forward and backwards. Its pretty brutal 

I'll throw some heavy swings in after squatting heavy and use some bells for some overhead pressing as I like the free range of motion each bell gives me if my shoulders are feeling beat up from barbell pressing. 

Havent been using them a ton recently, but I'll throw in some complex work if I want to ramp my conditioning up a bit.

Same. I ended up joining a commerical gym with very little KB options there. I do plan on rotating Pavels simple and sinister 

12/25/19 9:16 PM
7/16/15

I need something in between my 50 lber and 80 lber. I have a 55 lber but it's not with me currently. 

A 65 would be perfect but they're hard to find for cheap, Ive found cheap 60s and 70s.

For something as minimalistic as a kettlebell I'm definitely building a collection ha. I don't have the high end expensive Kettlebell Kings/Rogue/Onnit bells tho, I have mostly CAP, TDS, and some assorted other ones.

12/26/19 10:08 AM
5/17/13
Bearhugger -

I need something in between my 50 lber and 80 lber. I have a 55 lber but it's not with me currently. 

A 65 would be perfect but they're hard to find for cheap, Ive found cheap 60s and 70s.

For something as minimalistic as a kettlebell I'm definitely building a collection ha. I don't have the high end expensive Kettlebell Kings/Rogue/Onnit bells tho, I have mostly CAP, TDS, and some assorted other ones.

Ive always wanted a Kings set...maybe one day lol

12/27/19 12:49 AM
5/17/13

Fighters make way less*

Mobile. Phone Post 3.0

12/28/19 12:08 AM
7/16/15
Goodo -
GaspareBJJ -
Goodo - Does anyone here do kb sport? Im thinking i want to try to be able to do long cycle for 10mins and are keen to get any tips about how to get there. I did 4mins w 2 16kg bells this week. Another 6mins seems a lifetime away but I'm keen to work towards the 10min.

There is a guy on youtube you  can look up. Joe Daniels or Swing this kettlebell. He has some decent tips for the long cycle I believe.

I dont get how they use double 70lb kettlebells for 10 min. I can never do that

The best guys in the world punch out well over 100 reps in 10 mins with two 32kg bells which is an insane level of strength and endurance. I'll check out Joe's stuff thanks.

I want to try that.. Never really done double swings tho.

I have CAP 80 lber I got online from Walmart with a grip that's probably 1.5 inch diameter handle and I can bust out 100 one arm swings (50 each arm) in 5-10 minutes. Idk how double swings compare thoug

Think I'm gonna buy a couple cheap 70s so I have a good heavy pair for front squats as well. Done so much one arm kettlebell work and I mis match different weight kbs in each hand which isn't ideal.

5/3/20 10:29 PM
2/9/09

Anyone follow Keith Webers youtube channel? He posts great stuff

5/4/20 12:52 AM
10/1/12

Starting week 4 of onnit kb 6 program tomorrow. Had no exposure to kb before these workouts and I'm loving it. Definitely going to be looking for more workouts once the 6 weeks is wrapped. 

5/4/20 10:40 AM
2/9/09
Kentonnnnn -

Starting week 4 of onnit kb 6 program tomorrow. Had no exposure to kb before these workouts and I'm loving it. Definitely going to be looking for more workouts once the 6 weeks is wrapped. 

Keith Weber puts out good stuff. He has 3 DVDs and a good youtube

30 days ago
6/22/09

I started using 300 swings (55 lb kb) as a baseline for all my workouts.  Perform in sets of 35, 35 and 30, before taking a minute rest after each phase of 100 (when I get tired, I have to take 10/15 seconds in between sets).  In between each set I also do two strength exercises (pushups, pullups, rows, presses, squats, etc.).  Upon completion, I do some carries.  If I'm not into it that day, I default to the swings only - I only pussed out once.

Since I'm no spring chicken, my main goal is staying as healthy as I can while getting older.  I've been doing this routine daily for several weeks with the exception of one day - I needed more recovery time (tired, stiff and sore all over).  Surprising how a simple thing like swings can fatigue me like they do.  

29 days ago
2/9/09
IP -

I started using 300 swings (55 lb kb) as a baseline for all my workouts.  Perform in sets of 35, 35 and 30, before taking a minute rest after each phase of 100 (when I get tired, I have to take 10/15 seconds in between sets).  In between each set I also do two strength exercises (pushups, pullups, rows, presses, squats, etc.).  Upon completion, I do some carries.  If I'm not into it that day, I default to the swings only - I only pussed out once.

Since I'm no spring chicken, my main goal is staying as healthy as I can while getting older.  I've been doing this routine daily for several weeks with the exception of one day - I needed more recovery time (tired, stiff and sore all over).  Surprising how a simple thing like swings can fatigue me like they do.  

How many reps of strength are you doing?

29 days ago
6/22/09
The Closed Guard -
IP -

How many reps of strength are you doing?

KB squats, presses, rows, pull ups, throwing sandbags around, 5 or 6 reps.  Push ups I'll do 10.  Ends up totaling 9 sets of each.  I try and stretch a lot, too (hamstrings mainly).  Equipment I use includes kbs, Powerblock dumbells, 60 lb sandbag, medicine ball, pull up bar (looks like an ex curl bar), and various body weight stuff.

Let me be clear - I am by no means claiming to be a world beater.  The weight most of you are moving is far out of my league. I'm retired and just trying to stay healthy as I get older.

22 days ago
5/13/05

Has anyone seen an online retailer with KB's available? Everywhere I go they are sold out.

21 days ago
1/24/06

Kettlebell Kings just got a shipment into Australia but they are very expensive. Maybe check them out if there's a distributor in your country.  I got lucky and found an as new 28kg bell on Facebook marketplace yesterday for cheap which is exactly what I was looking for so maybe try that or ebay as well. 

21 days ago
5/13/05
Goodo -

Kettlebell Kings just got a shipment into Australia but they are very expensive. Maybe check them out if there's a distributor in your country.  I got lucky and found an as new 28kg bell on Facebook marketplace yesterday for cheap which is exactly what I was looking for so maybe try that or ebay as well. 

Thanks for the heads up!

14 days ago
10/1/12

One more workout tomorrow and I've finished up the onnit kettlebell 6 program. I cant say enough good things about it and it has made me hungry for more kettlebell based workouts. I've gained a noticable amount of strength as well as improved definition in my forearms, shoulders, and lower back.