S&C UnderGround Lifetime Workout?

12/23/19 9:39 PM
1/1/01

I've been working out off and on for a long time, mostly bodyweight/strands/dumbells/kettlebells.

I would like to find a workout that I can use without all of the math, periodization, 10 dollar words, that plague the internet over the last 10 years.

At my age (54) all I want is strength gains and endurance for life/martial arts, not obsessed with putting on size anymore, not worried about getting ripped. I'd like to work out 4-5 days a week.

Can anyone point me to a program that doesn't stray very much from those goals?

I've read several times that the reason to change workouts after 12 (or so) weeks didn't happen until after steriods.
I don't know if that is true or not, but I always figured that if you constantly increase the weight over a couple of workouts you are doing ok.(?)

Is it ok to not change things up?

Thanks

12/25/19 3:43 PM
7/20/04

Look up Easy Strength by Dan John. 4 exercises: push, pull, hinge, squat for 2 sets of 5 with half your max. This will get you stronger and ultimately maintain muscle once built. Do a weighted carry to finish it off if you like. No need to change things up unless you want to try different exercises, which is probably a good idea

12/25/19 8:30 PM
2/9/09

Pavel simple and sinister seems like a good start, low impact 

12/25/19 11:30 PM
1/1/01

Thank you guys,
I just got S+S for a Christmas present and am going to give it a try.
Dan John will be next on the list.

Thanks for taking time to answer, have a great Christmas!

22 days ago
8/20/16

Get Overcoming Gravity 2 and try some gymnastics strength training.