UnderGround Forums UFC investors reportedly get $300 million dividend

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

Alexandra Steigrad for The New York Post reports that the UFC has approved a $300 million dividend to UFC's investors -- a group that includes Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Gisele Bündchen, Ben Affleck, and Serena and Venus Williams. It is the first dividend payment since Endeavor acquired the UFC.

About half of the $300 million will go to UFC parent company Endeavor. Wahlberg will get about $500,000 and Bundchen $145,000, while UFC president Dana White, Endeavor CEO Emanuel, and Endeavor executive chairman Patrick Whitesell will get $3 million each approximately. UFC private equity backers KKR and Silverlake, which own 42 percent of Endeavor, will also reportedly cash in.

"Most of the time when you do a dividend, you don't distribute your entire balance sheet," said a financial source. "If you were going to dividend out 10 percent of your cash, that would be an ordinary course. If you were going to dividend 90 percent of your cash, that's not."

The UFC will reportedly be left with $50 million in cash after the dividend.

The Post reports that UFC fighters cost the league less than $150 million in 2019, under 16 percent of its $900 million revenue that year. The NBA and MLB pay out approximately half the yearly revenue tp athletes.

"It's different league by league," Endeavor president Mark Shapiro said. "We pay our fighters significantly more than any other MMA organization. They deserve it. Fighter compensation has gone up commensurately with the success of UFC."

Shapiro denies that the dividend payment has anything to do with the failed IPO, calling it the "normal course of business" after an "incredible year" at UFC.

However, sources tell the post otherwise.

"Because an idea did not work, the UFC is now going to be the next source of cash until Endeavor goes back out again to try to go public," said a source close to Endeavor. "It's now draining the UFC in order to prop up the rest of the company."

Sources also told The Post that Emanuel doesn't want to lose his cash-cow UFC business to an IPO or spinoff.

"Ari is adamantly against UFC going public. Endeavor wouldn't be worth as much," the source said, and added that they also "don't want the fighters to know exactly how profitable the UFC is."

Steigrad also questioned whether the UFC will be left with sufficient revenue to adequately address challenges from Bellator MMA and ONE Championship.

7 days ago
1/17/03

Interesting for sure. 

7 days ago
8/20/03

The UFC is to Endevour as Xyience was to the Zuffa.

7 days ago
12/17/19

And not a penny of it came from my pocket. I invest my time & emotional energy. That's more than enough.

7 days ago
1/3/20

Haha! Good for them, not their fault fighters are dumb as shit and want to fight cheap. Done giving AF years ago. 

7 days ago
1/1/15

Doesn't OneFC hit the USA this year?

7 days ago
10/2/12
Michael De Santa -

And not a penny of it came from my pocket. I invest my time & emotional energy. That's more than enough.

The ppl proud of theft always intrigue me. Are you cooler? Tougher? Smarter? 

7 days ago
8/10/05
KaiTangata - 

Haha! Good for them, not their fault fighters are dumb as shit and want to fight cheap. Done giving AF years ago. 

"not their fault fighters are dumb as shit"

You must be even stupider for watching them, then.
7 days ago
3/16/15
TFK_HossPearson - 
Michael De Santa -

I actively supported the UFC by buying every PPV when they were struggling. I don't buy PPV's anymore. The cards aren't worth it.
7 days ago
1/1/01

Ponzi scheme

7 days ago
8/2/19
JOESONDO -

Ponzi scheme

I don't think that means what you think it means.

7 days ago
8/7/12

Is it highly unusual for a company to break off dividend in that sum? I guess we would have to know exactly was on their "books" prior. This article says that it would leave the company with $50 mill. Is that total assets and other stuff or is that $50 mill in the bank and thats all they have? 

Anyone know how much uncle egghead received when they initially sold to Endeavor? I wonder if he feels he should get more then 3 mill.? I think its funny how Gisele invested in the UFC and not Brady. 

7 days ago
5/6/09
BJTT-OGtripleOG -

Doesn't OneFC hit the USA this year?

Not according to yesterday's announcement. The plan was to fly over for the first show, but now it looks like Oktoberfest with Tokyo on the way home

7 days ago
5/13/05

Remember when Kobe Bryant told the fighters they should unionize at a UFC event? Dana said shortly before he passed away that Kobe received a distribution and said he wished he would have invested more because of how large his distribution turned out. I find it ironic that he told the fighters to unionize but he ended up profiting greatly from them not doing so and even wished he would have invested more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-rising-tide-raises-all-boats-why-havent-ufc-fighters-taken-kobe-bryants-advice-203933261.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/article-7978775/Kobe-Bryant-received-payout-UFC-investments-days-death-Dana-White-reveals.html

7 days ago
1/1/01

Blood money. What a fucking joke that is. What a fucking laugh to have Marky fucking Mark out earning most fighters. Fuck the UFC and 19% fighter pay.

If Bernie gets elected, I hope someone gets the Ali act to his desk and ruins Dana's blood money bank.

7 days ago
1/1/01

"We pay our fighters significantly more than any other MMA organization. They deserve it."

They deserve 40%. At least. They deserve to be called high paid employees with access to a pension and health care, you piece of shit.

7 days ago
8/2/19
multiculturaljoseph -

"We pay our fighters significantly more than any other MMA organization. They deserve it."

They deserve 40%. At least. They deserve to be called high paid employees with access to a pension and health care, you piece of shit.

How many people are you paying anything to you virtue signalling social justice warrior bitch?

7 days ago
1/1/01
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

How many people are you paying anything to you virtue signalling social justice warrior bitch?

Get that corporate dick out your mouth ya simp.

7 days ago
8/2/19
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

Oh what a surprise... You pay $0 to 0 people but want to tell others how much they should be paying their staff.  Fuck yourself clown.  Go start a business and pay people whatever you want.

7 days ago
3/16/15
jspeed - 
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

Oh what a surprise... You pay $0 to 0 people but want to tell others how much they should be paying their staff.  Fuck yourself clown.  Go start a business and pay people whatever you want.

Hi Dana!
7 days ago
12/7/10

The UFC will reportedly be left with $50 million in cash after the dividend.

No hate for Wahlburg and The William sisters and the rest of the investors, they deserve a return on their investments, but what about the fighters who paid with their investment in bone and blood?

If you assume 300 fighters on the roster, and they were each given a dividend/bonus of just $10,000, it would cost the UFC just $3 million of that $50 million.

Southwest Airlines has 60,000 employes, 200 times that of the UFC fighter roster, and Southwest is giving employee bonuses that amount to several thousands of dollars per employee. And the UFC does not have to maintain a fleet of planes or purchase hundreds of tons of airline fuel.

The UFC is a take take business. All they want to do is take from the fighters and the fans. Never want to in any way give anything back. At McDonalds, at least every now and then you get a coupon for a Big Mac or some free fries.

The NBA and the NFL has been the multimillion dollar foundation of success for many many players. Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, it's sad that the only two people the UFC can point to with multimillionaire success are Dana White and Conor McGregor.

7 days ago
12/17/19
TFK_HossPearson -
Michael De Santa -

The UFC ripps you off all the time. Where's your virtue signal for their mass theft? Your emotional energy, time & money is literally stolen from you almost every week but somehow that's okay to you? Sure, good luck with that therapy. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
jspeed -
JOESONDO -

Ponzi scheme

I don't think that means what you think it means.

It doesn't mean when you set up a sham investment company that only makes money by funneling funds from new investors to previous ones? Kind of like how WME would have done if they were allowed to go public?

7 days ago
3/13/18

Only the finest Nepalese pink snow for Mr. Dana White in 2020!

7 days ago
1/1/01
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

Dana? That you? I employ enough people to know a sports league that pays out 19% is run by pieces of shit. Get your dick out your mouth lol