S&C UnderGround what happened to this forum?

6/9/17 11:42 PM
8/20/16
I've been gone a few years, but it seems like this forum is just m.g. posting really cool videos. What happened to all the great discussions between Doug, Matt, Scrapper, Squatdog, Jeremy and everyone else I'm probably forgetting but were fonts of knowledge. This place used to one of the best sources of training formation.

It looks like people don't post here regularly any more.
6/10/17 4:47 AM
10/6/16

I could not agree more, I use to learn a lot on this forum. 

6/10/17 7:05 PM
1/1/01
Wilder of the Lost Each,

Lol! The information I post here is good. It is certainly better than the self-serving information posted by many of the "experts" that use to post here.

Leigh was a "good" person but most the information he posted here had little to do with making one a better fighter.
6/12/17 12:52 PM
3/5/14

People prefer reddit for these types of topics because there's just too many dorks on here spamming nonesense mixed with a few hints of good advice.  Doug and Leigh aren't around anymore from what I can tell and Jeremy probably doesn't care to respond to the same old stupid questions for the 50th time.  

Honestly, this entire site is turning into a bunch of middle age whiners just full of rage about the world and calling everyon snowflakes and cucks from what I can tell. I think this sub forum is just a reflection of who frequents this forum as a whole.

There's probably 1 interesting thread on here for every 20 political circle jerk threads and its very unappealing unless you want to argue about the same things with the same people all day everyday.

6/12/17 2:09 PM
8/20/16
Hurtsogood - 

People prefer reddit for these types of topics because there's just too many dorks on here spamming nonesense mixed with a few hints of good advice.  Doug and Leigh aren't around anymore from what I can tell and Jeremy probably doesn't care to respond to the same old stupid questions for the 50th time.  

Honestly, this entire site is turning into a bunch of middle age whiners just full of rage about the world and calling everyon snowflakes and cucks from what I can tell. I think this sub forum is just a reflection of who frequents this forum as a whole.

There's probably 1 interesting thread on here for every 20 political circle jerk threads and its very unappealing unless you want to argue about the same things with the same people all day everyday.

This is probably depressingly accurate. Also the post about the forum / app being complete shit. i see Kirik is still employing the same top men. Did the servers ever arrive from Dallas?

Is there a subreddit with the same quality info this place used to have?
6/12/17 3:45 PM
3/5/14
blabbermouth -
Hurtsogood - 

This is probably depressingly accurate. Also the post about the forum / app being complete shit. i see Kirik is still employing the same top men. Did the servers ever arrive from Dallas?

Is there a subreddit with the same quality info this place used to have?

I'm not really into a lot of fitness or strength training reddits per say, but I do check out r/ weightroom fairly often and some of the guys there are pretty cool. 

There seems to be a lot of info sharing between the bigger powerlifting, bodybuilding, strongman and general strength and fitness subreddits from what I can tell.  Which is cool in a lot of ways that people are kind of seeing the valuable elements from different training modalities and seeing which parts can be applied to general strength and fitness realms.

Obviously places like bodybuilding.com have huge forums all about this kind of stuff, but I don't have the stomach for the douche level those places tend to reach. 

6/12/17 5:20 PM
3/5/14
Wilders of the Lost Each - r/advancedfitness

There you go, that's a good one.

6/13/17 1:42 AM
8/20/16
Wilders of the Lost Each - r/advancedfitness

Fantastic! Thank you.

Also, what does your name mean? It's driving me crazy because I feel it's referencing something I know, but I can't place it.
6/14/17 1:06 AM
8/20/16
Wilders of the Lost Each - 

lol that's it. It's all coming back.
6/15/17 11:16 AM
3/14/09

Not many people around here want to get strong. They want to swing a kettlebell and drink acaii and talk about "functional strength" and ketosis. Too much Joe Rogan pseudo science. 

6/15/17 5:06 PM
3/5/14
1800champagne -

Not many people around here want to get strong. They want to swing a kettlebell and drink acaii and talk about "functional strength" and ketosis. Too much Joe Rogan pseudo science. 

I love funtional ketosis.  I don't eat a ketogenic diet like all those othe idiots.  I dump tons of fat and moderate amounts of protein all over my kettlbells and swing them until my hands tear open and the fats soak directly into my blood stream like they are supposed to.

I never put bread on my kettlebells.

Edited: 6/23/17 5:30 PM
1/1/01

Hey Blabbermouth,

I totally agree with you (and many others) that this place has gone waaay down hill.

I used to visit this forum daily and have been on it since the beginning. I've been a MOD for years and was a regular on these forums since the web-site began.

I  honestly have not taken a look over here in many many months (can't actually remember the last time). 

Too many knuckelheads spending too much time arguing over menutia, and pseudo-science. That combined with the fact that folks don't seem to really seem to want to learn or share. No freindly discussions taking place. 

For me it got to be a very unwelcoming place.

"I love funtional ketosis.  I don't eat a ketogenic diet like all those othe idiots.  I dump tons of fat and moderate amounts of protein all over my kettlbells and swing them until my hands tear open and the fats soak directly into my blood stream like they are supposed to.

I never put bread on my kettlebells." <--Good stuff Hurts...Keep it up!

PAU for NOW,

TAKU

Edited: 6/26/17 9:27 AM
1/1/01

Let's see. Matt was gone for a long time but posted again for a bit. Same with Scrapper, but he never came back. Leigh left because of some unrelated drama on the geekground. Jeremy left probably because it got too slow for him and maybe he wasn't getting what he used to get.

I, like Taku, have not been here in probably 6 months or more. With the ad spamming, redirects and other bullshit, it was no longer worth my time when 20% of responses I saw were m.g. being a worthless twat and Taku copy and pasting the same answers he did 20 years ago which I've got memorized by now.

Anyway, if any of you that I like want to PM me, there's a Facebook group with a few guys from this place on it. Conversations are brief, informative, definitive, and we all know each other and can see each other's faces, so it's civil. I'm there, wiggy is there, Buddadev (a mod here) is there, and Leigh is there, although his advanced age and diminutive stature has given him an attitude hardly better than M.g. Scrapper is on the Facebook OG so he's not far. 

If I don't get back to your PM right away it's because I don't come here anymore, but I'll find you eventually I promise!

Edited: 6/26/17 1:21 PM
1/1/01

Yeah...I won't be coming back after this so if anyone would like to track me down, chances are you already know how to do so. I do not waste time on any social media so you wont find me on any other platforms.

For the most part, I enjoyed it while I was here.

Wishing you all success moving forward,

SIncerely and respectfully,

Liam "TAKU" Bauer

Edited: 6/26/17 1:25 PM
1/1/01

^ his last name is Bauer, not Baier. 

With all due respect,,

Verminter

6/26/17 4:57 PM
1/1/01
"Leigh is there, although his advanced age and diminutive stature has given him an attitude hardly better than M.g."

Hmmm... interesting comment! I guess you and Leigh broke up. Sad to hear. Hopefully you two can work out your differences. Wishing you all the best!
6/26/17 6:13 PM
1/1/01
You obviously don't know Leigh very well.
6/26/17 8:06 PM
1/1/01

I stopped coming here in about 2006 when I stopped being in good shape. :-/ I don't walk the talk well enough to be credible.

The internet has passed by niche sites like this and most traffic runs to either social media or to large discussion forums like Reddit, Quora, and StackExchange.

I'm grateful for this place, however, and for the site overall. Made a lot of close friends here (and lost one recently: RIP RunAmok 1963-2017).

Among frequent S&C'rs I've had the privilege of meeting SCRAP and Taku in person. :-)

7/3/17 10:55 AM
5/24/08
Too many trolls and too many keyboard warriors. Keeps getting worse
10/7/17 5:04 PM
1/1/01
Buddhadev - 

I stopped coming here in about 2006 when I stopped being in good shape. :-/ I don't walk the talk well enough to be credible.

The internet has passed by niche sites like this and most traffic runs to either social media or to large discussion forums like Reddit, Quora, and StackExchange.

I'm grateful for this place, however, and for the site overall. Made a lot of close friends here (and lost one recently: RIP RunAmok 1963-2017).

Among frequent S&C'rs I've had the privilege of meeting SCRAP and Taku in person. :-)

What happened to RunAmok? I remember a few of his pretty funny posts from back in the day. I had no idea he had gone. =/
2/15/19 7:37 PM
1/1/01
HULC - 
Buddhadev - 

What happened to RunAmok? I remember a few of his pretty funny posts from back in the day. I had no idea he had gone. =/

Hulk,

Sadly, Will "RunAmok" Grigg died of septicemia in the spring of 2017. He was one of the closest friends I'd made off of this site. Still miss him.

Here are some remembrance I wrote about him last year: https://steemit.com/william/@misternuance/one-year-later-still-missing-william-norman-grigg
3/9/19 10:44 AM
3/19/04
This subforum lost a lot of credibility when it let LittleMick throatfuck it for as long as it did. The mods and more prominent members of the subforum failed to chase him off and basically embraced him instead.
3/28/19 7:11 AM
2/13/16

I used to love this sub forum... 

This entire site/app has gone to shit.

3/28/19 9:07 PM
1/1/01
Darth Potato -

I used to love this sub forum... 

This entire site/app has gone to shit.

The og and ug still have their charms, but all the little subforums are dead now. Some of it is due to changes in the net (social media and reddit helping to kill forums in general) but also the functionality of this site is worse today than it was 15 years ago, and back then it was completely free as well.

4/3/19 10:46 PM
8/5/13